“Tranquility, peace and calm”

Kamar Kamar Rumah Tamu
Ranked #6 of 107 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Tranquility, peace and calm”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We spent 14 days at this wonderful, relaxed, calm, peaceful boutique hotel.
The rooms are spacious, everything you need, king sized bed, toiletries, air con in bedroom. Great kitchen area with small fridge, coffee & tea making facilities. Comfortable couch in lounge area with tv & dvd player.
Delicious selection of breakfasts daily, delivered to your room!
We were down stairs, just slide the doors open to an inviting pool!!!! Often we were the only people in it.
The design, garden, delicate signing birds, lay out & location suited us well.
You don't have to walk far to get to Seminyak shops, just cross sunset boulevard rd.
The bali deli is well worth checking out.
Chill Day Spa is close by and recommended.
The best part of this gorgeous hotel is the all male staff. They are pleasant, polite, willing to assist, discreet and always smiling.
We highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikeandshelz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed at kamarkamar for a few nights few months ago. This place is truly a hidden gem in seminyak area. Placed strategically in a quiet yet rapidly developing neighborhood. Their service is truly one of a kind. Very polite and diligent staff members, very hands on owner and hotel manager. You can reach the hotel manager pretty much anytime-24 hours a day through his personal cell number (where else can you get that?). The rooms are big and clean with a personal living room and a pantry/dining area, the beds are so comfortable. Just say what you need or what you wanna do or eat, the staffs will try their best to have it prepared for you or inform you on how to get it. All in all, i had enjoyed my few nights here and will comeback for sure

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Herbert N
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The best boutique hotel I've ever stayed in Bali after so many years, we took 2 rooms and stayed for 10 days, and we just love every thing.. the big comfortable room, the food, the decoration which design by owner itself the very famous Indonesian designer ....not to forget the friendly and helpful staff, they did great job they even took care of me 24hours when i was sick.
Location was very quite, too quite I could say but that's what we need.
Will I be back there again ? Yes. and I will for sure promote it to all my relatives and friends.

Room Tip: Corner suites are quieter but all rooms are comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Niekthong
Paraburdoo, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This was the 2nd time I stayed at Kamar Kamar Rumah Tamu. The service was always great!

I was delighted to find that it has opened a new restaurant on the 2nd floor! Cafe Kaze! We had a really nice dinner with beautiful setting, the same throughout the villa (wooden and a touch of red here and there). Totally beautiful, with open air (Bali Bengong style) perfect for anything from snacking to having main meal. Even the food is very tasty! I was so relax, and enjoyed everything.

The villa itself has a boutique for the ladies, just by the entrance. If you are looking for something nice to wear from top, dress to heels. Not too worry, it's all in there!

The pool is always clean and just the right size for you to have a quick dip or doing your laps.

The size of the room is reasonable with king bed and extra bed is available upon request. You get a mini kitchen and a reasonable size of lounge room. Toiletries, towels, hand towels, and hairdryer are provided for your convenience. Bliss!!

Very beautiful place to wake up to, because you are welcomed by canary birds, very relaxing! I always sit outside on the daylounge just outside of the room. You can just swim in pure relaxation from the view of the pool, the sound of the birds and the green of different plants!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 3, 2014

From the moment I stayed in KamarKamar, I loved the idea of having the room separated with the living area. The bed was big and comfy.. and even the pillow was just right for me! (usually it's either too high,and hard or too soft and thin). Not to mention the food! I loved their spring roll and 'kangkung belacan'. What can I say... I just loved staying here, and will come again!

1 Thank Ju1iana
Reviewed June 3, 2014

If you are still looking... I would say, "search no more!" As I walked into KamarKamar I felt the right chemistry with the place. The lobby' design has brought the sense of calmness, love the wood rustic design combined with black and red colors in the room. My fav place would be sitting on the day bed after a full day exploring the island, at the lobby enjoying the complimentary drinks available for you all day. Ah, and the cafe ... Me and my friends sat there for hours during dinner and breakfast time! Again, I love the interiors and the foods, was simple and fresh! As for the room, who wouldnt enjoy a big size bed? And the mattress??.. Its exactly the one I would love to have in the comfort of my own room! Comfy level...10/10 Overall, I am sure there are thousands villa out-there but kamarkamar was a great choice!

1 Thank Irene P
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I rented for 3 evenings in early May. I arrived @1130pm after a late international arrival to Denpasar airport. The place has a great quiet location maybe 3 minutes walk on the east side of Sunset Road. Walk to the beach is probably 20 minutes if you don't get distracted by any of the shops or people touting massages or clothing.. The pool is very well maintained & we enjoyed using it very much. I injured my foot during the trip (nothing to do with hotel, but they offered to find me pain killers, bandages, etc which was very kind, I just already had the items with me) and I otherwise would not have bothered but was pleasantly surprised to find @50 cable tv channels to choose from in several languages.
The room was perfectly clean & bed was huge - not sure if it's advertised as a queen but it felt like king-size? Anyway for two guys both @95 kg to share, it was plenty of space.. The breakfasts generally were good (take nasi goreng over the omelette!) and the coffee was solid. The staff were all happy to help with anything really - questions about the local area, offering to arrange taxis for us, beach towels - nothing was any trouble for them & I believed they genuinely were happy doing their jobs assisting guests. I left a little bit of money behind to buy all the guys a beer (or non-alcoholic beverage, I hope this wasn't a culturally awkward move!) because I enjoyed it so much - they made me feel like a friend & not just another paying customer. Also some of the guys watched a few minutes of a UFC show with me - I think there are now a few new Indonesian UFC fans! I hope I get to see these guys again in Bali at Kamar Kamar!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Villa Coco
#9 of 107 in Seminyak
Kubu Cempaka Seminyak
Kubu Cempaka Seminyak
#4 of 107 in Seminyak

Been to Kamar Kamar Rumah Tamu? Share your experiences!