“Weird”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We arrived and were asked by the receptionist if we had booked a table. There was only one table. We said no and she replied there was no problem and for a good reason, after we finished our dinner, only one other couple came.
The restaurant is fairly big is dead. We had a waiter standing in our back almost all the time. It felt very bizarre to have every move watched over. We were basically suffocating. I know they tried to be nice but the result was the opposite.
We were offered mezze on a tray. Hard to believe that it can be freshly cooked every day or so. The restaurant was so quiet.
I have been to Istanbul a few times and can say that the food was dull, no taste. I can hardly say that it was turkish food.
I left this place thinking that I had wasted one of our precious evening in Bali.

1  Thank Nathalie D
There are newer reviews for Tulip

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I would strongly recommend to those who enjoy Mediterranean cuisine.delicious food, elegant atmosphere, quality and friendly service.You can find everything you are looking for a nice dinner.a nice chat at the bar after dinner with music and entertainment will be delighted to continue there.you'll want to go again.I would recommend you to go upon reservation, especially if you are visiting in high season.We've been there with my husband for honeymoon and of course we had the most romantic dinner in Tulip Restaurant.

1  Thank ece d
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We were seated on the edge of the lotus pond...wow...what a wonderful setting with the lights on the water.
The seating was quite relaxed, a lounge rather than seats, get their early or book and ask for these seats. Also have bench seats gps larger groups.
Good music and a band which plays later.
We had the dips, lamb kebabs and sea bass which were all good. The souffle was excellent.
Well worth the visit

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Tulip is a real winner. The setting was perfect the service was impeccable the food was stunning from entree to main to dessert and even the coffee was brilliant. Not a bad word to say about this restaurant. The orange soufflé is well worth the 20 min wait the menu advises and at only 50k rp you can not go wrong. We didn't think it could get any better but then the live band started. I would advise you take some insect repellent if your going to sit near the water as there are a few mosquitoes but it is well worth it to eat here.

2  Thank Doza17
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Went here with two other friends, loved the food! For starters they come around with an array of plates and small bowls with delectable taste sensations, dips etc. Then we shared three different dishes, the lamb was to die for! Great place to taste all the different flavours, we shared everything. Staff were very efficient and very helpful. Would definitely come back again.