“Great Find, Great Stay”

Ranked #2 of 105 Seminyak B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great Find, Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Love the hotel as not too big, intimate feeling and staff were very helpful. So relax and charming I didn't want to leave. I wish I had designed my house like The Colony but I think you can only do this in Asia. Recommended by a friend who lives in Bali and for my surprise people here have big houses. Oh the hotel has limited but nice selection of breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Colony Hotel is a stunning property in a superb location. An elegant, well serviced boutique hotel that will not disappoint. The rooms were excellently appointed with beautiful furnishings and all set only steps from the lovely pool. We were treated like royalty for all of our six nights and the staff could not do enough to make our stay a memorable one. The owners have thought of every aspect of a guests comfort. From providing invaluable advice to where to eat to the best in house massages provided by the incredible Jari Menari masseurs. Across the road from the beach and set back from the road, this quiet, perfectly located hotel is one of my all time favourites. I nearly did not review, as i did not want everyone discovering this hidden treasure!

Room Tip: All 20 rooms were lovely in their own way. The private balcony rooms had that little extra something...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lipari, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the Colony for 6 nights and enjoyed every minute of my stay. The room (Junior Suite) was spacious and beautifully decorated, and very quiet considering the hotel's position, which is a moment's walk from all the best shopping and dining in Seminyak. There was even construction going on at the front of the hotel, where they are building a new restaurant, but I didn't hear that at all, and I'm a light sleeper.

There were lots of little extra touches that made our stay memorable. On the days that we spent a few hours in the pool, we got regular poolside deliveries of watermelon, iced water and ice-blocks to make sure we didn't pass out from the heat. There was also an unlimited supply of bottled water in the rooms, which is a small thing but really handy.

The staff were all lovely - unobtrusive, yet helpful with everything we needed. Everyone was very kind, and we immediately felt at home at the Colony.

There were quite a few options for breakfast, and a decent list of staples for other meals. However once the restaurant opens, I'm sure the menu will become even more comprehensive.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough; it's extremely well priced for what it offers, and I really enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 6 nights, and loved the hotel, room (esp the large bathroom, counters and fabulous 'rain' shower), the staff and the ambiance. The colonial architecture and all-white approach is stunning.

On the down side (we were there over Xmas/new years eve) the rooms are quite noisy when late night party-goers decide to bring the party back to their room balcony or to the pool until dawn. The lack of a gym is the only other down side.

Having a 'no under 16's policy' is great for couples or friends wanting peaceful time away from the kids.

The pool is lovely.

The hotel is currently building a restaurant, so that'll be a great addition to the current F&B options.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have been coming to Bali for business and pleasure for almost 20 years. We have stayed in everything from 2 star hotels to the most exclusive private villas. The Colony ranks among the highest for us for its gorgeous intimate layout, pristine rooms and fabulously accommodating staff. Terrific value for money in a quiet part of Seminyak that's within 2 minutes walking distance to the best shopping and dining street in Bali. Highly recommended. WE LOVED IT. X

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

A great value hotel with excellent, helpful and friendly staff. Good location, bright, clean rooms and a quiet relaxing setting. Great massage. Stayed after 5 nights at the W hotel and much preferred this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I felt like I was staying on the set of the Great Gatsby!! it was so quiet and an awesome escape from the crazy streets in Seminyak. You are also on the quieter & "newer" side of town which I found to be much nicer and funkier places to eat & drink.
Rooms were clean! Air conditioning & internet were very much appreciated!!!!

We booked our room through Expedia, and when we went to check out they tried to charge us again for the room. Once we noticed the charge, they acknowledged the mistake an reversed the charge on the spot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple