“Continues to be favorite”

The Colony Hotel Bali
Ranked #3 of 121 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I know this is my second review but I need to restate that I was right the first time, excellent service, staff, cleanliness, location, location location.
No children under 16 - joyful if single or if like me you've run that gauntlet already :))
Walk to ku de ta, potato head, la lucciola, markets, shops, fine dining, relaxed dining, coffees....
An intimate venue with no pretense to be other than a five star venue with a warm heart and generous spirit.
See you all next year - lord its too long already!

Room Tip: I can't tell you in case you book before me :)
1  Thank Monatheowna

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My 2 friends and I stayed for 7 nights in the junior suite last week and had an amazing stay! The hotel is very intimate with the 20 or so rooms surrounding a perfectly sized pool. The junior suite was a treat as we had our own balcony to watch the world go by and enjoy an evening drink (requests for ice and limes was never too much trouble).
The hotel is walking distance to the beach and many popular restaurants and bars (check out the new Mozaic Beach Club and Mantra Bar). The hotel has a handy shower room for use when checking out late. I have been to Seminyak many times, and will return to this little gem on my next visit if I can get a room as the popularity grows! Oh, and no kids under 16 which is great in a small space and with a small pool.

Room Tip: Ask for room 12 as it is the junior suite and has a beautiful balcony overlooking the courtyard and...
1  Thank Kenneth C
Reviewed July 16, 2012

New boutique hotel with communial pool in centre.
Beautifully styled and decorated with spacious rooms. Modern colonial meets bali.
Located in the heart of fashionable Seminyak you are in walking distance to Body Works, restaurants / cafes such as La Lucciola, Grocer and Grind and a little further to Ku de Ta.
Service was amazing. Even booked one of their drivers for a day trip and this was experience was also great.
Beautiful experience. The only bad thing was leaving.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful - can't really go wrong
Reviewed July 5, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Colony for 3 nights about a week ago and what a truly awesome experience it was! I went on this trip expecting very little since I usually only stay in villas and was kind of used to the personalized and intimate surroundings only a villa can offer but I was in for a surprise.I fell in love with this cozy and intimate little boutique hotel and wished I had stayed there longer. The hotel is very "colonial" as the name suggests in its appearance (what with its spanking white exterior and artefacts) but it is equally hip and trendy. And yet so private. Since there are approximately only 20 rooms in this hotel, you never see too many guests anywhere around the hotel at any one time and i think its a brilliant that they do not permit kids below 16 years of age - it lends the hotel a very intimate atmosphere. I could go on about its perfect location, beautifully done up rooms (the sun roof in the shower is a brilliant concept!) and ambiance but other reviewers here have done a great job on that! I would just like to mention a staff member's name who made this trip even more memorable with her graciousness and amazing service - Miss Tami- who attended to all our needs and queries with so much zest, her friendly smile and never saying no to any request was perhaps what made the difference here. She assisted us in making reservations, finding out about things we could do in Bali and just generally making us feel like we were her only guests there! You were exemplary in your service! Thank you. We will be back in August for sure!

Room Tip: Generally the rooms on the upper level are bigger and quieter.
3  Thank Babsdeol
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was my second stay at this classy, intimate boutique property. It is new and spotlessly clean and comfortable, but nevertheless has personality and understated charm. If you are interested in exploring Bali, this is the optimal alternative to a big resort. Although Seminyak is increasingly lively, the Colony is discreetly tucked away and you will appreciate an oasis of quiet and tranquility that is still perfectly situated to enjoy Seminyak's beaches, restaurants, spas, shopping and nightlife. La Luciola, Biku, and Kudeta restaurants are within walking distance. The staff is responsive, unfailingly friendly, and personalized -- they can lay on practically any service for you (transport, reservations, etc) with a bit of advance notice.

Room Tip: If you are planning a longer stay or are prepared to splurge, opt for the Junior Suite. All rooms a...
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We checked in late, but it was like the 3 staff that greeted us, were waiting just for us to arrive.
We stayed in a Junior Suite, which was very spacious.
All the staff were very friendly and so were all the guests. Because the resort/hotel is quite small, only 19 rooms, when you walk in from a day out or when you arrive, other guests greet you like you are a friend of theirs.
I stayed here with my husband, and we thought it was lovely. I think it would be great with a few friends or a group or 2, because you would have the place to yourselves.
The breakfast came with our room rate, which you eat right by the pool. We loved that it wasn't a buffet.
From what i could gather this place is reasonably priced for the area, and a short walk or taxi ride to everything.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We spent 7 nights at the Colony, (after planning on 2). What a wonderful place. The staff were all sooo helpful and friendly, the food was great, the rooms were sumptuous and quiet and it's so close to every thing in town.
Special thanks to Ririn who was always there with a huge smile and a genuine desire to help accommodate our every whim.