“Totally Awesome!”

Chef Dean Cooking Class
Ranked #1 of 9 Food & Drink in Seminyak
More attraction details
Owner description: An exciting combination/selection of Mediterranean and Balinese cooking class demo and tours to fishing village, traditional market, organic and cacao plantation, and other interesting places, tasting traditional foods and finally having Chef Dean's signature luncheon.
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Totally Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Dean's spice market tour and authentic Balinese cooking class was one of the highlights of my trip to Indonesia (6-16 July 13). I had the most fabulous time learning about unique Balinese spices and the tropical fruit/ingredients and came home from the market armed with a gorgeous black volcanic mortar and pestle. We spent the day in style sipping chocolate orange martinis and the like whilst participating in a very relaxed class that we could do as much or as little as we liked. The ingredients that Dean bought at the market to use in the recipes that we cooked were utterly amazing and a lot of us couldn't get enough of the fudge like palm sugar. The quality of the meals produced were 5 star and I look forward to recreating them now that I'm back home in Australia. I highly recommend Dean's cooking classes as he is extremely knowledgeable and runs a top notch operation. I will definitely attend another of Dean's classes when I return to Bali. Thank you Dean & Staff for a very enjoyable day.

5 Thank LadyM20ten

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
New Zealand
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“traditional food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Dean is a great teacher, and has extensive knowledge of traditional cuisine. This is a very relaxed class, do as much as you want (which I love). I learned heaps about Indonesian cooking, and the food is amazing!!

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great chance to learn about Indo cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

A great day to learn about local food and resources. Well designed to learn and eat a great array of dishes

Visited January 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Gread food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Well,we loved seafood here that made by us.Shimps, Oysters were fab. Staffs were fri3nly and the chef showed ua how to cook in detail for the food. We got lots of funs and everything was run well. We recommend this class.

1 Thank Ahicuklang
Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great day out but don't book a dinner for that night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We chose this tour as it had the market trip included & I, not being a great seafood eater (though hubby is) found it had a good mix of foods to cook. The Denpasar market tour was fascinating though with a group of 11 it would have been better to break into two groups. The ingrediants & spices were explained back at the cooking school. We learnt to make bumbum paste (think I got that right) then prepped a whole duck baked in banana leaves, chicken curry & chicken BBQ, fish, prawns, squid & satay sauce. Watched the assistant chefs do some salads & meat for satays & a Nasi Goreng.

We were lucky to have a great mix of fun & friendly people on the day & Dean was good fun, knowledgable & happy to teach.

WAY too much food - but it was all beautiful & well enjoyed with a couple of Bintangs.

Thoroughly enjoyable day.