“One of the best hotels I have ever seen.”

Amadea Resort & Villas
Ranked #31 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Wroclaw, Poland
“One of the best hotels I have ever seen.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have been there finding this hotel by price only, so I made a short reservation in order to confirm that. Than, I realize that this hotel is really amazing by perfect atmosfere, nice and pleasent service and good (not perfect) location. You have a short running distance to the seaside (if you are runner), a short taxi trip to KuDeTa which is a famous (worth of that) restaurant and Bali's magic place, and 15 min by taxi to Kuta. Nice place to enjoy holidays

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Wojtek_10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

All staff we came across were all very friendly and helpful. Rooms were and great location near shops, restaurants and trendy bars, but still very quiet. Breakfast buffet was good. Thank you to Bagus the driver you were briliant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eva D
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff, modern and clean rooms & pool area. Good location near shops, restaurants and bars, but still very quiet. Breakfast buffet with a wide selection and good quality. Overall we enjoyed the stay very much and so we came back at the end of our trip for the last night in Bali.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris_R80X
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I just stayed in their two bedroom villa for three days expecting great things as the praise for their villas have been very positive.
The decor of the villa is very stylish and nicely organized however the cleanliness of the villa was totally appalling. The ground floor of the villa was acceptable but once you go upstairs to the bedroom the floor was very dirty and made my feet black from the dust after a few steps. I asked housekeeping to clean it the next day but it was still the same condition subsequent days.
Then there was 'hair from below' still on the toilet and in the bathtub... Ewwww..
There was NEVER any hot water just slightly above lukewarm. That's fine during the day but at night I want a nice hot shower.
The kitchen set up was great but the utensils available was greasy and had food still stuck all over it. The knives were disgusting that it still had dried food/blood from previous occupants.
The pool never got much sun so the water was icy cold all day long which was such a disappointment because I was hoping for a bit of swim and sun bake but the hours available to do that was so short.
I called up to book for an in-villa massage from Ambiente and was told by the staff that they don't recommend it and I should go to the spa. If its not recommended why offer this option. I wanted a 20 finger massage and was told that they don't have it. I then booked for the hot stone massage which was good but then when they did not massage my neck or head for any of the 90 minutes I booked for, I asked the therapist to extend for another 30 minutes which she eagerly agreed to. I got 10 minutes but I paid for 30.
Overall a waste of my money as there are plenty of villas around this area for a similar price.
Apart from the location I really don't have any positive opinions of this place. There is currently reconstruction right across the road from their property so its dusty and loud.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank CondeNastTraveller88
WayanWarta, General Manager at Amadea Resort & Villas, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear CondeNastTraveller88,

We would like to thank you for staying in one of our villa recently and for taking time to share your experience here. We are sorry that your experience was not up to your expectation especially on the cleanliness of the villa and the massage service.

Each villa is carefully cleaned and checked twice daily including the cleanliness of kitchen utensils etc. by our Housekeeping team. We were surprised to hear that the cleanliness of the floor of second floor room was disappointing, our apology for this poor service. This month is dry season in Bali and wind spread dust from surrounding area. It seems that a small gap between the sliding door on the second floor allowed dust to come. Preventive action has been taken to fix this problem.

In villa spa treatment is available on request however it is subject to the availability of the therapists and equipment. We are sorry that you felt your treatment was shorter than what booked. We have shared this with our spa team for improvement. In many occasions due to the relaxing ambiance created by the spa, many guests fell asleep and felt that the treatment too short.

All reviews about Amadea on Tripadvisor is genuine review from real guest. We are not perfect tough therefore we appreciate all feedback very much as we found them to be a great tool for us to excel.

We wish that there will another opportunity for us to be at your service. See you again.

Best regards,
Wayan Warta
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My partner and I have nothing but lovely things to say about the Amadea. The location was perfect, just a short taxi drive to Ku De Ta and other restaurants. The buffet breakfast was fantastic and we even had our room upgraded because it was my partner’s birthday. All the staff were extremely friendly and they even gave my partner a birthday cake on his birthday. The rooms are large and very clean. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Would reccomened getting a pool view room. Was a great location
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mon845
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Overall the venue is ok, clean and modern rooms - no "Bali charm", all pretty much standard in the good sense - and with a very good location right in the street where all the action happens.

I checked in on Friday 9th August, upon check in I was forced to leave a deposit of 300k Rupiah "for possible charges", even I showed my disagreement the staff insisted that is the "standard" but even seeing that I was really turn off and having already my credit card details they did not try to change this for me or do any kind of service recovery - I was assisted by the Duty Manager - or to make my welcoming to the hotel run smoother.

After the bumpy check in, I was told by the "Duty Manager" personally that this money was going to be refund if there were no expenses that "I had nothing to worry about". Upon my check out I had a few things to pay - the ride to the airport, a phone call... - and for this I used CASH and did once again the remarks 300k have to be refund to my credit card and I was assure it was going to happen.

Almost one month has passed and no money have been refunded... this kind of fraudulent practice some hotels have are totally unacceptable, especially in a place like Bali where there are plenty of great options and hotels should work.

Honestly I don't understand how any hotel is willing to lose customers over a few dollars, If you decide to stay there DON'T pay the deposit or simply expend it on something while you are there and they will not give it back!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms worth to make the upgrade
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank t-chick19
WayanWarta, General Manager at Amadea Resort & Villas, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear t-chick19,

Thanks for staying with us last August and for taking time sharing your experience here. We are glad that you found Amadea is a good venue with modern and clean room as well as in a very good location. In line with Seminyak setting which is Bali contemporary therefore Amadea adopts similar style. Taste is personal matter. Not every body will like this style but many does. We put high respect of any choice.

Actually I wish to phone you, however as you mentioned on your email that it is not necessary then please allow us to use this forum to clarify the 'credit card deposit' issue. We believe it is an international standard that every guest will be requested for deposit upon check in to guarantee other expenses possibly consumed at the hotel during stay as the hotel FB and spa outlet is also open for outside public. With this guest will have signing privilege at all outlets and are able to charge the bill to their room. A certain amount of money will be reserved from the credit card and at the end of the stay it will be settled according to the actual consumption. Non-used reserved amount will be automatically refunded to guest's credit card account by the bank system. We have checked the record from our bank thoroughly and found that the actual amount taken from your credit card is Rp 765,000 only which is the cost of your room upgrade fee. Rp 300K is never with us. We have done our internal procedure properly, but occasional error in bank system is truly beyond our reach.

We have now been in business for more than two years and have hardly built our reputation as a customer focus establishment. Tripadvisor's Certificate of Excellence for two years in a row (2012 and 2013) is a solid recognition to our effort. Honesty and integrity are twopillars among others that helped us to reach our current position. We will not harm our reputation with just few dollars fraudulent practice. I assure you that it is an absolute no.

Once again we thank you for giving us the opportunity. We love to hear that pool side rooms worth to make the upgrade. Trust that apart from this issue you had an enjoyable time in Seminyak. Let us know should we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,
Wayan
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Well located in the heart of Eat Street, yet set well back from the hustle and bustle of this busy culinary and shopping strip. Attentive staff, quality appointments in a spacious, clean and modern poolside room. 10 min walk to Ku De Ta and $2 taxi ride to Potato Head. We thought a good restaurant operated independently which also puts on a nice breakfast at the entrance of the resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple