We stayed at the Amadea Resort in one of the hotel rooms (they also have villas). The staff were excellent for the most part, although one of the security guards only seemed able to hail down taxis at the front of the hotel that were asking for a fixed price fare. For the newbies - always use Bluebird taxis, distinguished by the blue bird logo on the top of the blue taxi and ask the driver if he knows where the location is and confirm that he uses the meter before getting in. Also note that if you use hotel cars for transport they will charge you much more than a bluebird taxi.
The hotel and room were both clean but it seems that in Seminyak, there were mosquitoes galore, including in our room (so don't be cheap and buy some insect repellant spray for ~AUD$2 at the local "mini mart"), it may save you a lot of hassle!
The breakfast buffet was quite good and had the standard fare (being eggs/omelletes, cereals, fried rice/noodles, bacon, pancakes, salads and pastries). Although after the 8th straight buffet breakfast, we had had enough of the smorgasboard and decided to opt for some of the "cute" cafes around the main strip such as: Revolver (great coffee on par with Melbourne), Grocer & Grind (good vibe and quite sophisticated as well as being affordable) and Cafe Zucchini (for the more health conscious).
In terms of noise, although the hotel was located on a busy strip it was very quiet because the rooms were set further back. We did get some noise from the hotel behind us - it seemed that they had a few loud parties but to be fair they tapered off around midnight / 1am.
Don't bother eating at the hotel's restaurant as there are many great places around Amadea to eat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amadea Resort and Villas is an oasis in the heart of Seminyak.Located on the fashionable “eat street” with its’ many boutiques and famous restaurants the resort is perfectly located for those who want to be in the heart of the action.The resort consists of 86 rooms, 7 Suites and 7 villas. A choice of six 2 bedroom Villas or one 4 bedroom villa offering a fully equipped facility including their own private pool and garden. A perfect place to celebrate that special occasion with family or friends!All 93 spacious rooms and suites are tastefully furnished with flat screen TV’s, DVD players, in room safes, fridges and most rooms offer views onto one of the lap pools.Amadea is a perfect oasis for couples who want to enjoy a romantic escape or small group of friends and family who want to combine the vibrant side of Seminyak and peaceful lifestyle of Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Amadea Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amadea Resort And Villas
- Amadea Resort & Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Amadea Resort & Villas Bali/Seminyak