“Great location, lovely staff”

Amadea Resort & Villas
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Great location, lovely staff”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at the Amadea over new yrs. it is a lovely clean, well presented resort. The staff are wonderful, they are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and beds comfy. The manager was very kind to me and upgraded me to a deluxe room as my superior room was not ready for the check in time. A friend was staying in a superior room, and we did notice that the only difference with a delux and superior is the fact that you have a pool view with the delux room. The pools are lovely, especially liked the quiet back pool which my room overlooked!! There were plenty of umbrellas available to assist with the walk down the long driveway in the rain- they do have a buggie available; however I was only ever offered a lift at check in and check out!! Didn't worry me though, I needed the extra walk! Breakfast was a nice buffet... All you need to start the day. Spa is average.... I used the massage coupon, and while I did have a good masseur there was little ambience. I also had a male masseur, and I was never asked if I minded- and I do feel that you should b asked. He is very good at his job, but I just couldn't relax.... But that's just me!! Overall, you won't b disappointed at the Amadea, it's a nice escape and great location for walking to all the delicious restaurants in seminyak!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CherryPearce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Amadea Resort and Villas is located in shopping area with easy access to all amenities. The resort is very well maintained in all areas. We were particularly impressed by the exceptional service provided by the friendly and resourceful staff!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The location and facilities are average. You can find many eateries and shops within walking distance. Room was spacious with remarkable bathroom, the walk-in wardrobe was a plus point. Furniture looks a bit old though, considering this is a new hotel.
The main strength of this hotel is service everyone greeted us and paid lots of attention to make our stay enjoyable.
We weren't in a honeymoon but the nice surprise fro the housekeeping really made us smile. Thanks for going extra miles. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Take deluxe pool access.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne

Location & appearance:
- good as close to busy streets
- far from beach as no direct road
- not near beachfront restaurants e.g. Ku De Ta
- grounds looked well maintained and paved nicely driveway
- pool is rather narrow, no food available at pool

Check-in & service
- at reception I was asked 5 times if I wanted to upgrade! I answered no each time. The two times was for an extra $30 USD, then to $25 USD, then $20, then "I will call my manager to see if we can do $15". I found this to be rather pushy and un-Balinese.
- concierge was very good, booked hair appointments
- I was not told that there was a second pool!!
- no english language problems (although I can speak Indonesian)

Room
- decent size, style ok, located facing main pathway where golf buggies and travellers stroll past (noisy)
- air con, water pressure, Wi-Fi worked well
- fridge was not very cold
- bathroom smelt like mould, no separate conditioner for hair

- breakfast included in deal at Bistro Batu
- boring choices compared to other hotels, undrinkable coffee, several pastries, 3 choices of cereal, cheap sickly jams (tasted like strawberry topping)
- waitresses dressed in tiny tight dresses, looking like they work in the red light district
- DID have soy milk if asked at bar

Overall
- not great value for money and I would not stay here again
- I think the villas would be a different story as looked luxurious compared to the hotel rooms

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing driveway as can be noisy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sweet_Aggie
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had a wonderful stay, front service was excellent, breakfast was good, location was convenient to walk & dine, spacious room with comfy bed. Even gave us an anniversary cake when they learn that we were on our 25th anniversary holiday! Definitely worth coming back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent seven night at the Amadea were found the staff very friendly and couldn't do enough for you for the time that we booked the accommondation. The rooms were very clean and modern. The pool was wonderful. Very well located and no problems getting transport outside of the resort. Very peaceful surrounds and would have not problems recommending the Amadea to anyone... Well done Amadea see you next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights with three of my adult children and 10 month old grand child late November/early December in a two bedroom pool villa (Bayu) and it was fantastic We loved our daily different animals made from the towels on our beds from the staff and the little notes left, it always put a smile on our faces. Our villa was very clean and the reason we chose Amadea was that we had our own kitchen to prepare meals for the baby.
The location was perfect and we would not hesitate to recommend to our family and friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family