“Great Location - but too many negatives for us”

Amadea Resort & Villas
Ranked #32 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Brisbane
“Great Location - but too many negatives for us”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

When writing this review it may seem harsh but for us this hotel did not meet our expecations.
Pros
Location - amazing this was the biggest plus by a mile
Staff around the resort - cleaning and security super friendly.
DVD player in the room
Cons
Air con in the room takes forever to cool down this was not great
Front desk staff - gave no info, slow and seems to be no system
Security of your room - there was a massive storm at night and we were in our room watching a dvd. Door was locked suddenly the balcony door and the entrance doors flew open and this happended in other rooms - we were lucky to be there to relock up but hubby went off as like alot of travellers now ipad, laptops and every other electronic was in the room (not safe). The staff were good running around shutting others rooms and then doing a massive clean up water went everywhere and the mopping went on until the next day.
Breakfast - not much to say but was bland and options limited.

For us the introduction of this hotel set the theme and we would have given it a 3 if not for the rooms just opening.

We will not be back we will pay the extra $20 a night and stay in the area.. For many l can see this would be great but it was not for us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mb02
WayanWarta, General Manager at Amadea Resort & Villas, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Dear mb02,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and our sincere apology that the experience you had was not as expected. Please be assured that all point is taken seriously and proper follow up will be done soon.

As you may read from other reviews, we have been given a lot of credits for always providing the best product and service to each of our valued guests. It seems that in your case it did not work very well. Bali has been struck by storm last Saturday night which has cause some damages in other area of Bali. We were lucky that the damage is minor. Security and safety of every one in the hotel is our utmost concern, therefore your valuable feedback is much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Best regards,
Wayan Warta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 17, 2012

After our time in Ubud, my partner and I from Melbourne came to Seminyak to stay at Amadea.
The resort is in a nice part of Seminyak, opposite the Ultimo and Rumours restaurants, with zucchini cafe 200m up the road. However, the rooms are based far back in the resort so you may need a golf buggy to get you there.
It's currently under construction so they offered us a deluxe room instead of superior for $10/night extra to avoid the noise.
The deluxe double room was nice and located opposite the pool. However, there were many ants in our bathroom. Also, the air conditioning turns off when you leave the room and it is always too hot when you return.
The pool area is nice but often very busy despite having 2 pools.
Wifi is free in the lobby but very slow. In the rooms, it is expensive at 25000rp per hour.
Breakfast was the same as all buffet breakfasts in this part of the world. The restaurant attached is always busy and rates highly in tripadisor (I forget the name).

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sandeeprakhra
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Booked 3 deluxe rooms was offered upgrade (extra cost) to 4 bedroom villa which was amazing. Beautiful, clean quiet and treated like royalty from checkin to check out. Loved this place Central to everything. Only problem were bath taps didnt work in some rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ozsuey
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

The first thing I noticed about Amadea was how the staff was so attentive. For 3 days, and there were rainy days, the staff was friendly and un-flustered.

The resort's reception area is out in front and they have golf carts to shuttle guests back and forth the whole day even late in the evenings. The rooms are very clean, the sheets crisp, and they basically provide in-room amenities that any big name hotel would. Housekeeping comes pretty quickly and despite its location in a bus part of Seminyak, not once was I bothered by noise. All told, it was comfortable and the design of the rooms and common areas are very nice.

Breakfast is served at the restaurant by the road providing a nice view of this busy side of Bali. Nice for leisurely drinks and people watching. The breakfast food was pretty good and there was a lot of variety.

I can't say enough about the location. It's just so strategically located that you're minutes away from the nice restaurants and shops and again, they hotel itself is pretty quiet.

They have a nice reception area with two computers and free Internet and Wifi. Checking and of was very speedy. And when I wanted to upgrade my room, the staff made sure I got to tour of the room options before getting it.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank thesmalltalker
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I recommend you to stay in this lovely hotel.My stay was from 28th Feb till 1st Mar 2012.Although the efficiency of room reservation confirmation & the missed out airport transportation to Hotel disappoint me at first,the duty manager handled the issues well.He arranged a driver to pick me up at the airport in 5min time.He apologized sincerely & upgraded my Deluxe room to Pool side Deluxe room for FREE!Additional Free transportation when i check out!The staffs there are extremely helpful,polite & friendly from the hotel drivers,receptionists,duty manger,bellboy,restaurant staff,staff that work in the spa,cleaners,bartenders etc.Most of the staffs remembered my name throughout my stay in Amadea.I felt warm & homey.(After I checked out 2 days from the hotel,when i was in Ubud at Sukawati Art Market,1 of the Amadea staff still remember my name & shouted my name & waved hello to me at the opposite street).The hotel is neat & clean.Every morning at 7am the staff will be cleaning the swimming pool in front of my room.There are 2 pools in the hotel.My room is really spacious & it's very comfortable.1 of the staff go through the facilities in the room with me & showed me where to visit in Seminyak(they provide Seminyak map).There is a guest handbook on the table where they provide information about Bali,from their culture to places to visit.I love the spa!They have monthly promotion where this month they are having Traditional Balinese massage promo.I'm lucky enough to try out both promo which is Feb's Shirodara & Mar's promo at a very reasonable price!I love Amadea because the staffs are from different regions in Bali such as Ubud,Sanor,Kintamani,Singaraja,Tabanan etc.Throughout my stay I chit chat with the staffs & got valuable information for my trip in Bali.The receptionists were very helpful where they called up my next 3 hotels to confirm my stay there.There are 2 computers where I can go online in the lobby.The duty manager provides consistent service where he called me daily to confirm my stay was comfortable.A hotel that is very happy to accept feedback to serve their customers better!So they encourage the customers to fill up the feedback form & hand in to them before checking out.Every 3 months there will be a lucky draw(Free Amadea hotel stay) for customers that write in the feedback form.I like the location of the hotel where i find it to be very convenient for me to walk around & shop along the street for goodies & food.There is a very nice Bakso(local food,5000rph) up the road from the hotel.it's around 3minutes walk.Down the road,There is a Local restaurant Warung Murah that serves Nice local Soto Ayam & Ayam Bertutu.The Bistro of the hotel serves good breakfast & the Best Baked Potatoes!!On the last night of my stay i received a letter from the hotel to remind me of preparing 150,000rph for the airport tax when i'm leaving Bali.Well,I felt that they really wanted me to have a pleasant stay not just in their hotel but throughout my stay in Bali.A hotel that i'll stay in again when i visit Seminyak!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SarahBikYun
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The hotel is slightly away from the main frantic hustle of Seminyak not on the tourist strip yet it is still in the must amazing location. The beach is a 5min walk it is very quite and clean compared to other areas of Bali. Wonderful selection of eatires are found just along the same street as the hotel. You have to look hard for cheap and local other wise for some odd reason they are Italian.
The down to earth cafe is over the road & if you feel indulgent Ku De Ta is only a 5 min walk. Warning the drinks are costly. $15 for a martini...Yet grovey if you like to be seen in the cool crowd..
Shopping is up market and costly no bargains here. The hotel is very clean, tidy with the most delightful staff who will make your stay the best that they can,very helpful. The staff are also very trusting and take pride in their work. Beds are very comfortable..I highly recommend this lovely hotel that is affordable.
I took a driver who was amazing Leon "Leon Bali Holiday Tour" (Facebook-uses word of mouth for promotion) he is 100% out standing will show you the non tourist side of Bali if you request it. he also is a walking text book of history and on local culture...His English is outstanding. 100% trustworthy I would trust him as family..

Room Tip: Rooms that are away from the main Swimming pool. I was in 137 it was very quite and out side my fron...