“Food taste”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Very quiet. For a Xmas nite. We had the whole place to ourself being the only one. The food was decent. Price reasonable.only complaint was the terrible tempura. The batter was about as thick as the prawn itself. Spoilt the taste of the prawns. The rest was good. Pretty good for a small place . Will come again:)

There are newer reviews for ZUSHIYA Modern Japanese Dining

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I ordered Chicken Terriyaki and it was by far the best I have ever had.
Absolutely amazing food!!!!
Would definitely recommend and will be going back there!!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We eat here regularly, the staff are always very polite, the chef to my knowledge learnt his art of Japanese cooking in the USA, we love his freshly made dumplings... Will return next time we're in Bali...

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I decided to give this place a try after seeing it the day before. Reading reviews, I was excited to try their food.

I were greeted and seated promptly and continued to get great service throughout our meal.

First up came the sashimi. This was disappointing. The fish was bland and the wasabi was not fresh. Then the crab ravioli - crab sticks wrapped in hard pastry. Not what I was expecting. They used a chilli mayo which spiced it up, but not a dish I would get again.

Next the gyoza. Probably because the other 2 dishes disappointed, I could not appreciate the flavours of the gyoza. My husband loved them.

Then the food got really delicious.
The fish and chips with sweet chilli sauce came out. Interesting concept and executed well. Full of flavour and delicious. This was served with our other dish stir fried vegetables. Again, so full of flavour. Hint of pepper and a large serving.

Overall, despite the initial dissappointing dishes, I would go back but be more careful with the food I choose.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our first visit but not our last. Different dishes to the usual Japanese restaurants. Tucked away off Jl Legian, quiet and great service. Not pricey. Value for money.