“Very Disappointing”

Atrium Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #375 of 549 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Stylish - Contemporary - Relaxed...the Atrium offers both air conditioned and open space dining comfort. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and a well stocked bar with nightly entertainment.
Reviewed January 3, 2012

What a shame, stayed there last Sept 2011 and thought we would go back for a meal at the fine dining restaurant, its gone. Instead they have what I would consider a pub menu. When I saw baked potatoe on the menu that was enough for me as I really wanted a frest cooked spud! It came with baby back ribs.
Cannot even remember what my partner had such was the disappointment (I think he had the burger).
The potatoe was a REHEAT and barely warm, never mind hot, the ribs again barely warm smothered in a horribly sauce, the ribs were tender, hip hip! The waitress asked was the meal OK and I said no and explained, she asked would I like some desert???

The place was empty, staff on the street trying to get punters to come in, music was loud and obviously trying to attract a young crowd, we passed by several times and each time it was empty. We would have tried the pool restaurant another day as we always enjoyed the food when we stayed previously but after this experience decided hell no. Funny some of the staff remembered us from our previous trip and asked would we come back, had not the heart to tell them no. I believe the chef is Australian?
Last time we were there we also had lunch at Finn's Resort which was not yet officiall opened, it was beautiful but built on the top of a cliff with a sort of cable car down to the beach. Not for those with Vertigo.

There are newer reviews for Atrium Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Just went for breakfast. Good taste, well presented, thoughtful staff, nice selection. Only 2 juices available and had to pay more for anything that wasn't instant coffee. Otherwise, nice to sit off the street and watch the world go by!

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Nothing. Good value. Nice atmosphere, excellent service, clean, healthy food - less spicy than in nearby restaurants, so a good choice for families with children.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

NIce decor but food is average. The food are combination of local dishes as well as western. Nothing spectacular.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We went to Bali for a friends 50th Birthday. Her husband and his mates went to the major places to look for a nice place eg. Ku da ta, Samyara, etc. They came to this place from a recommendation from a fellow traveler.
As it was in October and the weather extremely hot my only suggestion was for some air conditioning.
We dined in a glassed in air conditioned room. The table set beautifully, with a bound menu with my friends name and 50th Birthday printed on it a frangapani. The boys had said that when they went there the day before they picked the menu for the night. We were waited on by a staff of 4-5. Just before the main meal was served the head chef came in to introduce the other chefs and how the main meal consisted of traditional dishes from villages in Bali. The cost of this was around $35 Aus a head for a four course meal plus a specially baked Birthday Cake with silver service on par with leading restaurants. A truly memorable evening was had by all 11 of us. I would recommend this experience for anyone wanting something special.