First of all I need to say that I hate leaving negative reviews so I will just list the things that led me to rate this bed and breakfast 1 star.
1.Location is difficult to find and when our driver called to get directions no one answered the phone. After 45 minutes trying, someone picked up and told our driver (in Balinese) that the "owner" was away on another island and that he would have to call us back with directions.
2. 10 minutes later someone calls with directions. We arrive and are greeted by 2 young men for which English was a challenge. One of the two didn't
speak English at all.
3. The room, although large and nicely decorated - which looks amazing on their website - was not clean. There was a dusty shag rug that had never seen a vacuum and the towels were musty. We found hair strands on the sheets and called to have the sheets changed. We were then asked if we wanted ALL the sheets changed or just the one with the hair on it. We requested ALL the sheets be changed. Moments later they had redone the bed and sprayed half a bottle of Fabreze on the mattress.
4. The bathroom was massive. It had a skylight above the shower from which people on the terrace above could look down into the shower. There was also a window that was "boarded up" with decorative boards and a porno decoplage.
The boards had huge gaps between them so it was easy for mosquitoes and critters to get in. At night we had to sleep under the mosquito net and wear repellent.
5. The houseboys then disappeared and we felt as if we were abandoned in a deserted house. We went into common areas and found 2 shaggy Persian cats - one sleeping on the dining table, the other sleeping on the kitchen counter.
The sink had dirty containers and the stopper was filled with food. There were also dirty ashtrays and stained, dirty rags on the counter. The refrigerator was empty except for a plate full of watermelon slices and drawers full of plastic medicine bottles. We lost all appetite for the "included breakfast" and decided to eat out every morning. We also desperately tried to get a room elsewhere but everything was full. Since it
was only a 3 night stay we decided to bite the bullet. At least we knew the bed was clean.
6. Because of the lack of personnel or of the language barrier were unable to get directions, suggestions or even a map and pretty much had to fend for ourselves.
7. The day before we left we asked for our bill. We were told the missing owner would email us the amount. The next day we were told it needed to be paid in cash - of course. We went to an ATM and paid the houseboy. We were told we'd receive a receipt via mail. I write this 3 weeks later and still have not received anything.
8. As we were leaving we met 2 newly arrived guests. A STRAIGHT married couple from Australia! So much for this being a gay, clothing optional
Staying at this villa left a bad taste in our mouths. Having stayed at 2 amazing locations the previous weeks (Phil's Place in Seminyak and Taman Bebek in Ubud) - we left Bali wishing we had gone home earlier so that we wouldn't have had the negative experience at Green Chaka's Villa Eden. Don't be fooled (as we were) by the beautiful photos on the website or all the positive reviews you read. The place is dirty, has -0 customer service, the "staff" doesn'tspeak English and it misrepresents itself online.
- Also Known As:
- Green Chaka Villas Bali/Seminyak