“No Zucchini anymore”
Review of Cafe Zucchini - CLOSED

Cafe Zucchini
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Cafe zucchini is a little slice of Bondi Beach and Byron Bay in Bali. We serve healthy fresh foods from an ever-changing display of fresh, healthy contemporary salads and a lunch menu of light snacks. Open breakfast and lunch every day we are renowned for our quality coffee, refreshing juices and tasty salads and sandwiches in a buzzy environment on bali's premier shopping and eat stree.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“No Zucchini anymore”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Earlier this evening we were looking for this café in the main 'eatstreat', but couldn't find. Sometimes it's hard to find the spot you're specificly looking for, because of the poor street maps and indications. However that's my expericience of Bali, so I thought that's why I just couldn't find it. I decided to thw check the specs again back in the hotel.

So I googled the café and I visited the Facebook page. I read this message:

"as some of you may know cafe zucchini closed for business at the end of september. we were gazumped on the lease extension in a sordid little dispute with my former business partner.

thank you for your patronage over the years. zucchini may come to life again on its original site in a couple of years time or somewhere else in seminyak in the nearer future.

in the meantime my energies are focused on my other two fantastic, karmically radiant, eco-friendly vegetarian restaurants: green ginger noodle house in canggu and the elephant in ubud. I'll keep using this page to update you on their progress.

while I wish my wonderful staff well in their futures I would like to distance myself reputationally and legally from warung zuittion which is operating on the premises.

again, many thanks"

Sorry to hear, but no need looking for it.

1 Thank MyrtheAimee
pete z, Owner at Cafe Zucchini, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Hi there,
Cafe Zucchini is a alive and well. We are opened for business as usual. In fact, we have just made many improvements to the space and menu is currently being revamped. The facebook message you have copied into your tripadvisor review was written by an ex business partner who is attempting to damage Cafe Zucchini through false information and propaganda. Please take no notice of his comments as it is just sour grapes. Hope to see you soon. Pete

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Gold Coast, Australia
“Prices too high, loves to give back coiins, sometimes fresh, mostly great food!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

First of all the prices are very high, sparkling water was about 7 dollars when I was there, and usualy spend about 35 australian dollars a visit, the bread is probably fresh about 40 percent of the time I go, so just have to hope that the day u choose the bread is fresh, the steak sandwich is amazing, salads are great but are usualy gone by 2pm, and every time I go to pay they will never allow me to give the exact amount or nearest too, they would rather take the big money notes, and always come back with lots of lots of small change, so I guess they are really trying to give away the small change, the last 4 times I went this has happened, and no seat available at around lunch, besides that, all in all the food is great,however I stick to the same
Options each time I go, the juices and coffees, one of my favourites in seminyak, small, casual, and friendly people who understand well how to communicate with westerners and our odd requests,

“Yummy Fresh Lunch”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The food was fresh, healthy and well-made. We ate here once for lunch and the salads available were delicious. There were several salads to choice from, but they also had a set menu. The drinks and juices were all yummy blends. I would definitely recommend it for a fresh healthy lunch - salad was a nice change :)

• Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Keep going back”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We love cafe zucchini! Every time we visit we get great, fresh, yummy healthy food. We eat in and take away and are always more than satisfied! Salads are awesome, breakfast is yummy, and dinner delicious! A great relaxed atmosphere to eat and enjoy. Slightly more than other places but I think it's worth it.
Don't change a thing!

• Visited November 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Fresh and refreshing”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hot weather and you don't need hot food this little cafe is amazing we have grabbed a salad on several occasions during our many visits to Bali and we will be back today my wife had Grilled zucchini with rocket and parmesan,coucus with vegetables and chicken,and I had beetroot with english spinach and goats cheese, beans with chicken, pasta with fresh chilli on the side. Really recommend you try this cafe whilst in Bali

• Visited November 2013