“Cozy Villa”

Ranked #45 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Cozy Villa”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Last month i am spending my honeymoon with my wife in Bali, and we manage to stay at jineng for 2 days. The manager is very helpful, and the service is very good too. Though they dunt have a park that we can hang up a round but they have a nice broadwalk. Though they dunt have restaurant, but we can order food and it is served infront of your doorstep.

One thing i need to highlight is that there are plenty of mosquitoes at night, so please bring mosquito repeller, and make sure your doors and windows are close at night to minimize mosquito bite. Overall we are happy staying in the villa and we will recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
glasgow
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here after having to move from another villa following a break in. The staff were lovely, couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast served in your room each morning with reasonable choices. Pool great and very clean. Water every day with turndown service. Only few minor complaints. Sunbeds looked lovely but uncomfortable. No sunbathing areas as all covered in. Need mosquito nets in room. Being very picky here as villas lovely.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank mcarac
Medan, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

- We got the room from an offer at livingsocial. It cost us IDR 2.500.000,- for a two night stay, one bedroom villa, honeymoon room set up, romantic dinner, jet lag massage, airport transfer. We find overall the hotel was good for value.
- At first, at the entrance during checking in, we find it disturbing looking at some staffs in a see through glass staff room were playing bridge games. It was very impolite and inappropriate.
- The room and pool are in a good size, suitable for 2, with living room, spacious bathroom, with extra pool bathroom, kitchen and dining.
- Reading review regarding the complain on the bugs and mosquitoes, we found some mosquitoes, but not a big deal.
- They also provide car / motorcycle service. Motorcycle service at very reasonable price, IDR 50.000,- / day, which is cheaper than others.
- They also provide in room massage service, we got jet lag massage as compliment, it was a very nice 30 mins relaxing massage.
- The breakfast was good, we had two days of american style breakfast. The check out day was early in the morning, we asked for early breakfast, they're supposed to serve breakfast starting 7. But they serve it to us at 6 anyway, which was great and highly appreciated!

1 Thank christinatan_85
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I paid $145 a night and it was great value for money. The staff at The Jineng were very good especially the young girl on the front desk.
We were upgraded to a two bedroom apartment which was nice as it had a massive family style pool.
The rooms are a good size and the beds are very comfortable
As for the mosquitos issue in other reviews there were a few but it was not a major issue.
The breakfast was nice we had both the Nasi and Mee Gorang with nice fresh fruit and juice.
The location is about a 10 minute walk to the main street and a 4km walk or taxi ride to Kuta.
Overall a very nice stay at The Jineng.

• Stayed November 2012
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had a great time at the jineng with its accommodation and charming staffs which could fulfil my request. Small private villa which you might need to pay more if you stay at a 5 star boutique resort but here you can have it all. Great accommodation and private swimming pool with a very strategic location in semi yak and easy for us to go out and reach all places that we wants to go. Breakfast was good but might need some variance for long staying guests, great price offered and the reservation staff of premier Nisa is an asset! talentted young lady with her will to help and assist during the reservation. Booking confirmation well recieved with all details and arrangement. She has also try to assist us with every arrangement we need. We such a great time at the jineng and wish to come back again soon.....

Quite and nice place for accommodation especially in seminal area which sometimes are very crowded everywhere. One thing almost forgot is the beach club, very nice and we could have our sun bathing ......

Also the manager, pak arya if I am not mistaken is very helpful in all they way ..Thanks to all the staff and we will spread out this also to our colleague and friends about jineng..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MooninHKG_12
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My stay is on 23rd - 25th October 2012 at Villa E. Overall rating is about fair. First of all the design of the villa is nice and modern but lack of extra power point and few lamps is unuseable. Maybe those lamps are for display purpose only.
Secondly both toilets are smelly. This is my worst experience that I ever had. It is worst than those cheap hotels. This is a very serious issue.
Third, the problems of mosquitos and millipedes are very serious. I started to kill the mosquitos when I entered the villa unti I had lost count of how many I killed. The millipedes are all around the floor beside the pool. I found myself was swimming with all the millipedes outside and inside the pool.
Forth, the staff should have prepared the mosquitos repellent in the villa to make sure that mosquito issue is minimized. The staff should replace a clean cultery set and drinking glass after they had taken the used glass and plate from our villa.
Fifth, the rubbish issue. I found out the rubbish was still there when I checked out on 25th. Those disposal was on 23th evening. The last house keeping was 24th afternoon. I wonder what is the level of housekeeping that they offer?!
Sixth. The breakfast was fair but no milk for the coffee and tea.
The one and only tissue box was at the dining table. Not in the bedroom. Not even in the bath room.
Last but not least... The door of bedroom CAN NOT BE LOCKED. Do you think we could sleep well during the night? for 2 nights?

Thank you for the "excelent hospitality" but do not forget... I PAID FOR A GREAT HOSPITALITY not something like this.

Room Tip: Risk there is if you are ready for it
6 Thank 辉 捞
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I wish I had taken the comments on board for the jineng before chosing this villa however this was a very last minute booking so we didn't have time to be picky and we were given a great deal- although it didn't turn out so great in the end.
We arrived and were initially in villa M on the night of the 30th sept 12. There was a dreadful smell from the master suite shower/toilet so we asked to move villas and were told we could move the following day. As we had arrived from ubud that afternoon we counted our money before putting it into the room safe. As promised they moved us to villa B the following afternoon and that evening when we went to get money we noticed that half of it was missing- over 3million Rp. I immediately told reception staff who not only seemed unconcerned but did not even apologise on behalf of the villas. I insisted that they inform the police and reluctantly they did so but as it was now after 5pm I had to wait until the following day. The manager and assistant manager drove me to the police station at kuta the next morning where I was given a letter for my travel insurance company by the police but still no formal apology from The Jineng and from that moment on nothing was ever said about it again. We tried to not let it spoil our holiday but i was really upset by the whole matter.
The villa we stayed in was very spacious and modern but the bathroom sink in the master bedroom didn't work- no running water, and the downstairs toilet smelt damp. There was no kettle in the room and lamps in the lounge area couldn't be used as there were no sockets to plug them into. The website talks of goodnight cookies and a turn down service- this was not the case. They didn't even provide mosquito coils like almost every other resort/hotel on the island. There were some plug in mozzie repelants that had never been refilled sober went to bintang supermarket and stocked up on our own refills and repellents. Breakfast was average at best- cold tea and coffee with no milk, the cheapest of breads and juices and a very limited choice unless you were prepared to pay extra.
Front of house staff had poor customer service training and their ability to speak English was not always good enough for them to be working on a hotel reception and dealing with at times complex enquiries. At any given point there would be 5-10 young Indonesian men hanging around outside the resort- none wearing uniforms so not members of staff. I found it very intimidating as they would stare whenever I arrived or left the complex on my own. And given that there was no formal security and the side door which bypasses the reception is also always open means that anyone can walk in and out unnoticed.
We got the hotel staff to drop us off at seminyak square on 2 occasions. On the first occasion we were charged 50k which we were told we must pay in cash to the driver (reception staff) at the time- it could not be added to the bill. The second time a different driver told us it was a free service!!
On our last day I asked if we could check out a little late as our baby was napping and we had a red eye flight home. I was told this was not possible as another family were checking in at 2pm and they needed to clean the villa. I also asked if they could drive us into town after we checked out but they said they had no cars available. I promptly woke the baby and we left, thoroughly disappointed with our whole experience. They didn't even offer to collect our bags from the villa for us and watched us struggle with them (and a baby) ourselves before finally coming over 5 minutes too late to see if we needed assistance. At this point both my husband and I noted that there was a jineng car sitting unused unlike they had told me. I was glad to leave!! A few hours later we realized we had left the babies blanket in the downstairs bedroom
Cupboard there so we dropped in on the way to the airport and were surprised to discover that not only was our villa empty but that staff were in it watching tv in the downstairs bedroom and the blanket had vanished!!! This to me just sums up our entire experience!!!
The only one good thing about the place was the young girl that occasionally worked on reception when the boys were not there- she really was a breath of fresh air- the whole atmosphere of the place changed when she was working.
To anyone reading this review- I would have serious second thoughts about staying here. You will find villas with much better amenities, location and staff for the same money or less. These guys cannot be trusted!!! It pains me to leave such a scathing review but on this occasion there were so many things that deserved to be brought to the attention of the trip advisor readers.

• Stayed October 2012