“Quiet location, clean and great price”
Review of The Jineng Villas

The Jineng Villas
Ranked #42 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth
“Quiet location, clean and great price”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were only in Bali for the weekend.

We arrived Thursday night around midnight and left on the following Sunday.

I had a some of the reveiews below as was a little aprehensive to book here but i always believe some people have too high expectations about Bali accomodation.

The pool was a great size for a 1 bed villa with a ledge spanning the entire length which is great if you have kids (our daughter was 9 months when we went last weekend). She couldnt stand on her own but could stand when she was in her swim ring.

The ability to have the lounge room door closed was fantastic for us. Most Bali villas have an open plan lounge room which means it is hot and you have to be extra viligient watching you kids as there is no fence around the pool. We were abke to close the glass doors and let our daughter frawl around the lounge without having to worry about her going near the pool.

The bedroom was fantastic!! Huge king size bed, massive bathroom with wet area with the shower and toilet, massive spa bath plus here was also a seperate toilet and shower between the bedroom and the lounge area.

They have a huge fridge but no microwave yet but were happy for us to use the staff microwave to heat up our baby food which we bought up fresh from Perth.

The breakfast was ok but we only had it 1 day. There are plenty of cafes in Bali to have breakfast and we like to get up in the morning and go out. It wouldnt bother me if they didn't even do breakfast.

I never keep any money in the safe or cupboards anyway. We usually take some cash and spend the st in our credit card/visa debit cards. Everywhere takes credit cards even DvD shops plus you get the benefit of getting a better rate through the bank.

The location is off Jalan Nakula if you tell your taxi driver the villas are off this street just past villa seminyak estate and spa and just before villa kubu.

You could walk to the main jalan legian street with the street coming out just north of bintang supermarket. I loved the fact that the villas were so quiet and we never heard any cars or motobikes (not like our last stay near eat street in seminyak!).

There is also some taxi's that are about 20 metres from the front of the villa so you dont even need to worry about calling a taxi.

I thought the villa was clean, staff friendly and accomodating.

Special thanks to the staff as we left my husbands wallet as the villa and got a phone call when we were just getting to the villa. The security man got on his scooter and brought the wallet to us at the airport.

I would recommend anyone to stay at the villa and hope to be back next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Villa itself is beautiful. Large and clean on arrival and the airport pick up was very handy. The staff were initially very welcoming and let us check in early. Although, from there it was all downhill.

-The breakfast was AWFUL!! We had it on the first day, the bread was stale, the eggs and bacon cold and the fruit bitter. The juice was warm and there was no milk for tea/coffee.

-Having had such an awful breakfast we informed the reception we no longer wanted their breakfast (TWICE!) and they still called us at 11.30pm and woke us up to inform us we hadnt yet placed our breakfast order for the next morning so I had to tell them AGAIN we didnt want their breakfast. They then rang our doorbell in the morning and woke us up again to deliver a breakfast we had not ordered.

-On our third day there I went to retrieve our extra cash from the safe only to find nearly half of it had been stolen. I reported this to management who informed me that all staff have access to keys to open the in room safes. They took us to the police station to lodge a police report (this took half the afternoon!)

-After the stolen money incident I told them no housekeeping or any other staff were to enter the room while we were not there and so we had to have housekeeping pottering around while we were trying to relax and on several occassions house keeping failed to leave us clean towels (as they were at maximum capacity and had run out!), failed to replace our water bottles and failed to properly make the bed or empty the bins. Very disappointing.

The villas arent very close to anything although taxis are very cheap so that wasnt a massive problem but still a nuisance. Overall, although the villas themselves are gorgeous the overall experience was utterly disappointing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Kris K
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The bottom line: They should call this place the 'Dodgy'-neng!

In more detail:
We stayed there for 6.5 nights in June 2012, before our stay we were very concerned about some negative reviews on Trip Advisor and on Booking.com so we emailed the Villas. They did quickly reply ensuring us that everything in the reviews was not true (but in a follow up email failed to respond when asked what assurances they can provide if they weren’t). We also asked and receive an email confirming our additional half day with late check out (9pm) at half a day’s rate as we had a red eye flight home, all before arriving.

The positives:

Rooms are as they are in the photos but...
Staff are friendly and mean well but...

So the negatives:

- Confirming other reviews; the water, shower area, bath, and toilet smell like a sewer. Every so often the smell really seems to intensify making you gag and want to vomit. This makes simple daily tasks like showering or brushing your teeth really unenjoyable and really dampens/ruins your holiday experience.

- Confirming other reviews; the location isn’t too great. Luckily we had arranged daily transport (not with the hotel) but without it I think you and any taxi driver would have found it hard to find. E.g. we ordered MacDonald’s delivery one night, the nearest MacD. Is only 3-5 minutes ride away and the local delivery guy took 1 hour to find the place.

- When we arrived the room safe was not functioning so they asked if we would like to move to another villa, which we agreed to

- Moving to the replacement villa we noticed that there where stains on the pillow sheets, questioning the staff member who escorted us to our room, he looked at it and just said laundry have tried clean it but couldn’t and didn’t bother offering to change it.

- Saying that the villas are new, we had to ask for the keys to the sliding door which controls access to the bedroom (separate from the villa key)

- That night we found a dead bug between the other pillows, called and got new pillow cases

- There were also some stains on the bed sheets

- There is still construction work happening on the first 3 villas at the front of the property which you have to pass by everyday, needless to say there is noise and stairs from the construction workers every time you walk past

- Although the rooms are as they are in the pictures you can tell that an inexperience designer and builder did them. There are lamps that don’t work cause they have no where to plug into which is the same with the kettle (which we had to plug in next to the TV). The place really is form before function.

- The staff although very friendly, mean well and try to help are really not well trained and are inexperienced. E.g. We asked for a bottle opener (as they are not provided) as was told they ran out, next day asked again and was given one.

- Mosquitoes come with the climate in that part of the world but having stayed in other hotels and Villas in SE Asia before I noticed more than usual, perhaps due to the water issue. Luckily we bought a can of spray and sprayed our room daily, otherwise we would have woken up with bites all over.

- The breakfast; you have to select what you want the night before and the breakfast gets delivered to your room at a time of your choosing which I thought was nice. Additionally we get to choose what juice and fruit you want and if you want an Indonesian breakfast (rice or noodles) or an continental breakfast. The Indonesian breakfast is fair but when I ordered the bacon and eggs all I got was 1 strip of bacon (yes just 1) and one egg.

- On our second last day despite the prior confirmation of a 9pm checkout, at noon when dropping off my keys so they can clean the Villa staff using the excuse of traffic asked if we could leave earlier…unbelievable! Especially as they knew that my wife is currently pregnant and our flight was a red eye, I simply said we will see and didn’t think much of it. Then that night when picking up my room key they asked if it was possible and I said that I had internet checked in already so 9pm would work, after telling them this… they asked again! This was the very last straw and really pissed me off and frankly has triggered me to write this complete review.

- On our last day around 4 hours prior to checkout the cable TV (and thus all channels) stopped working. (not sure if this was related to them wanting to get us out early)

In summary, although we were having a fair experience the issues noted above really spoilt our holiday. Even after having secured promotional rates (the main reason we chose The Jineng) I (obviously) wouldn’t recommend you to stay here. There is a myriad of choices and villas competing for your business that I’m sure with research you can find a pool villa miles better than this.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Starstruct
, Sales E-Commerce at The Jineng Villas, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Lovely Guest

Warm greeting from Bali Premier Management

Thank you so much for your kind comment on our property. This is to be a beneficial input for our better future

As being investigated, we got several wisdom in this matter and would be very happy to view this matter as a wise and relative condition, in a chronological way

The condition was right that we had a trouble in safety box in the villa M where the client would be checking in. It is a technical problem that could happen and be fixed. Realizing that we had back to back client, we were happy to accommodate client to Villa H, surely by the agreement of the client themselves. Before moving, the client were asked to inspect the villa unit H, and client agreed. Nothing wrong with it

About the spot, it was a spot that we could only see by using microscope. Normal eye even could not see it as spot. Of course, we would be considering such thing for future act. Thank you so much. And client did no comment at the time being, as we assumed that there was no problem at all.

A subjective and relative comment toward our room smell was understandable. However, different person has different fragrance sensitivity

Re the breakfast, we are sure we are not that bad, we provided at the standard portion

Staff asked for 30 minutes earlier drop-off time , just for the sake of the clients' comfort since they were worry if client got late to the airport. Saturday is terribly traffic jam

We could review that our staff has attempted to do their best
Again , thank you so much for this kind input , we would be taking them into account for our improvement

Midlands
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We have just returned from 10 days staying at the Jineng Villas and it was great. It is located between the main roads of Sunset and Seminyak, just 10min walk to the main Seminyak shopping street and with a taxi rank out the front of the hotel - you could get anywhere. The staff could not do enough for us and loved our two young boys. They have a golf cart to deliver baggage, breakfast, etc and they were always taking the kids for a drive and the boys loved it. The breakfasts were good - generous helpings and a good range of food on offer. The also had a book of different delivery options for lunch and dinner from local restaurants if you didn't want to head out.

We stayed in the two bedroom villa and the rooms were modern and very spacious. The pool was clean and caught enough sun to keep the water lovely and warm but allowed you to also swim in the shade if you wanted. If I am to be critical of the design of the 2-bed villa (and we did have an afternoon in a 1-bed villa while we waited for our flight and it didn't have this issue) was the partial open air design of the bathroom. We were lucky during our stay that there was no rain but I can imagine that during hot wet summers the mosquitos would be a serious issue. My suggestion - get yourself down to the Bintang Supermarket for some flyspray.

Overall we have a great time in Seminyak and the staff made us feel very much at home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Aussies-in-the-UK
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great Villas, with beautiful rooms and swimming pool. Its a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank sergiocintra
Bali P, Sales E-Commerce at The Jineng Villas, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Lovely Guest

Warm greeting from Bali Premier Management,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. it must be so helpful for us
We are so glad to look forward to hosting you again in our property and serve you the best

Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I had two week stay at the Jineng villas, the holiday was fantastic due mainly to the Jineng villa accommodation and staff, requested some rose petals to decorate room for our arrival, this gave my wife a wonderful romantic surprise. From there things only got better, all requests were carried out with efficiency and a smile, excellent breakfast delivered to the villa every morning and presented perfectly, we had guest attend our villa for dinner on a couple of occasions, we requested extra cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery etc. all provided with a smile, staff were wonderful genuinely friendly and helpful, taxi rides to and from villa no problems. I could go on on with praise, best recommendation will be going back to Bali October Jineng villas is my first choice of accommodation. Beautiful Island, Excellent accomo station, Excellent staff.

Room Tip: Based on our Villa if all Villas the same you can't go wrong
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Robert F
Dear Lovely Customer

Warm greeting from Bali Premier Management,

High appreciation we would like to say for your generous comment on our property, this is our expectation from our customer, that our customer have a lovely stay, happiness and satisfaction when they are staying with us
Thus, we are looking forward to hosting you again in October our property and serve you the best

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Before I stay in into Jineng villa, i saw a negative feedback about tis villa, I was so scared because I had already booked the villa.
without further ado, I Immediately wrote an email over and to clarify all my doubts. Within an hour I got reply from their staff and took pictures of the interior rooms and clean towels for me. I was very impressed with their speed respond.
While staying there for 4 days, me and my husband kept on admired their hardwork for maintaining the unit.
Especially our private pool, it was beyond my expectation, the cool clear water and the water flow sound, really made me felt relax and fell asleep so easily each night.
In the afternoon , I was sun bathing next to my private pool and reading my book, I totally forgot about Bali's beach.
All front officers are well trained and polite. They will try all their best to solve our problem.
Truely I did enjoy my stay .

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Ceceliaau
Dear Lovely Customer

Warm greeting from Bali Premier Management,

We do thank you so much for your gorgeous review toward our property
it was a right act, when you did your contact to the villa for the clarification . It is one step client may do for their comfort in their holiday. Thus, we were trying our best to match your comfort :)

However, this is what we expect from our customer, a lovely stay, happiness and satisfaction
Thus, we are looking forward to hosting you again in our property and serve you the best