Eden - The Residence at the Sea
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
$628
$441
Agoda.com
The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$127
$100
$497
$310
Hotel Vila Lumbung(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$67
$60
Agoda.com
Amadea Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$81
$64
Agoda.com
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$237
$192
U Paasha Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$132
$111
Agoda.com
Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$128
$114
Hotels.com
$201
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbedroom villaevery morningjust returned from a week longsigns of agingavailable upon requestrooftop terracegroup of friendsfinns beach clubpolished concretehuge living areagreat location and servicewifi signaladult childrenhouse keeperwould highly recommend this resortamazing weekfamily holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We selected Eden after reading a few of the reviews on TripAdvisor.com for a long weekend getaway. Since we are a family of 6 (three kids plus nanny), a normal hotel room is never enough space. So Eden seemed like the perfect choice - a lovely three bedroom villa with a private pool. We arrived after midnight, but the staff was there with a warm greeting and nice cool drinks to welcome us. After a quick tour of our villa by our house attendant, he asked what we would like for breakfast and what time we would like it. Much to our surprise, our breakfast was cooked in our room but their very attentive staff (complete with clean up). They asked if we would like to dine in our villa that evening and provided us with some menu ideas. Again, a fabulous meal cooked in the privacy of our villa. This continued for the duration of our stay. What the villa lacked in aesthetics (some of the window treatments were in need of attention, some signs of age), the service made up for tenfold. The property is a little off the beaten path, which we enjoyed. The grounds were well maintained and the sunsets from the rooftop terrace were amazing. We were very sad when our getaway had come to an end. But we are looking forward to visiting Eden again very soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank swright03235
EdenResidence, Manager at Eden - The Residence at the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear guest,

First of all thank you for choosing Eden- The Residence at the Sea for your trusted accommodation for your Bali holidays.

We feel very pleased to know that our villas and service achieved and fulfilled your expectations and needs.

As you mention, we always like to offer the “Private Cook in villa” service that Eden offers for free to our dear guests, as it is a way to maximize your experience in your villa.

It is nice to know you also enjoyed your private rooftop garden terrace which offers outstanding views out over the ocean, just perfect for those stunning Bali sunsets .

On behalf of Eden team we would like to thank you once again for your lovely valuable comment and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Operational Manager
Eden the Residence at the Sea

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had a great time at Eden.

Eden is situated at the end of Batu Belig, a growing and improving area of Seminyak. It is very quiet there compared with the other parts of Bali closer to Kuta.

Our Villa (Villa no. 5) was very spacious (my first impression was Wow - we are going to get lost in here - but we quickly became very comfortable with our home away from home). Everything was very clean. There was a constant supply of bottled water for us and the rooms were cleaned more than once daily. Our laundry was dealt with on a daily basis for around AU$10.

We were there over Christmas and we chose to have the staff cater for us on Christmas Day. We paid for our food - steak, crabs, squid, fish etc. etc. It cost us around AU$110 for 6 of us (all good eating adults). The staff did an excellent job of this. We watched them fan grills to create the best cooking environment for us. The food was more than enough and that was our choice - we chose, against Eden's advice, to have more rather than less.

Our breakfasts every day were very good. The first day we had the standard offering - eggs, toast and fruit. It was great. Then we asked the staff to add pancakes, bacon, tomatoes and a wider selection of fruit. They obliged and we had even better breakfasts after that. The first day our coffee was so weak we couldn't drink it. We asked for it to be made stronger (they use a drip filter) and by the end of our stay it was as perfect as drip filter can be :) The Balinese pancakes are delicious - a nice fluffy pancake with slices of banana in it accompanied by (I think it was) maple syrup.

The staff are very obliging and courteous. I did feel, however that a couple of the main males were a bit too obliging for my liking but my liking could well be different to others as, even at home, I like to have a good distance between others and me.

Towards the end of our stay we organised a day trip which was a down hill cycling tour from Ubud through rice paddies and villages etc. We were very excited about this trip and Eden's receptionist organised this for us on our request. Unfortunately there was a problem with our reservation. The problem was due with an evening worker not organising it properly. We were picked up from our villa, excited for our cycling adventure, and were taken by the organised driver up the road only to stop at the Batu Belig transport area opposite a convenience store. Our driver returned after a long while waiting in the car and advised us that we were not booked on our tour. We asked for him to return us to Eden to sort this out. Our tour was not happening and we were offered a couple of alternatives later in the day. We were disappointed our earlier arrangement wasn't happening.

It was absolutely no fault of Eden but they went to the extreme to accommodate us and offered us a free trip to wherever we wanted to go that day. We chose the trip to the monkey park and a couple of temples and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

We had a few glitches with lights and air conditioning during our stay but they were rectified and all the staff were very obliging there.

The Wi-Fi was excellent 99% of the time.

I will return to Eden and wholeheartedly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I think all the villas will be good. I think ours was the one in the main pictures though - it is Villa no 5. I can't remember the name of it but ask if you would like to know more info!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mitchrj
EdenResidence, Manager at Eden - The Residence at the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Eden- The Residence at the Sea for your trusted accommodation in Bali.

I would also like to thank you very much for your lovely and great valuable feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know that our large spacious Villas were to your satisfaction as well as our location. It is good to hear that your overall experience with our services and facilities fulfilled your expectations. We are focusing strongly our employees on training to deliver the best services.
On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to review our Villas and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Operational Manager
Eden the Residence at the Sea

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a group of 6. Price was great split between us. The place is amazing, clean water in every room, breakfast was delicious and convenient. The staff are very friendly and happy to clean up the hectic mess we made. I recommend this to any group and will likely be back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Eden- The Residence at the Sea for your trusted accommodation in Bali. And for taking your time to write your lovely great valuable feedback which we really appreciate.

We are glad to know you and your group had a pleasant time in our spacious villas and enjoyed the breakfast prepared by our cook team at the villa.
Our staff is trained to deliver the best services and your valuable comments will be passed to the team departments who have contributed towards your satisfaction.

We thank you for your honest and kind feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Operational Manager Eden the Residence at the Sea

Reviewed December 14, 2013

After reading these reviews I thought wow cant wait for my vacation to Bali. How misguided I was. I'm not sure what villa these reviews are referring to but it wasn't ours.
On arriving it was getting dark so couldn't really take in all the surroundings.
But overall it looked really nice....Until we were shown to our room.
I cannot believe this villas are only 5yrs old. The décor is tired and the bedding was stained and pretty shabby!
The bathroom was really dirty and the window frames looked in need of repair.
The aircon in the bathroom was faulty and didn't work which didn't help when the wardrobes are built into the bathroom....the glass shelves where covered in dead flies and mosquitos and I wasn't happy placing my clothes in there as they became all damp!!!
The bedroom was ok but the bed was really uncomfy and I don't think I slept the whole vacation. I had to call maintenance as the bedroom fan was broken and made a horrid noise but in their defence they came out straight away and rectified the problem.
If you are a clean freak or suffer from OCD this really isn't the villa for you. I couldn't even look in the kitchen sink or where the kitchen utensils were kept as it turned my stomach. Thank god I didn't get ill from dirty kitchen cloths.
The only positive thing I can say was the staff are amazing, nothing was too much trouble.
There are amazing villas in Bali for alot less money.. Don't waste yours here.
Bali I will be back but Eden Villas Shame On You!!!!

Room Tip: Check the villa before you pay!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank BucksBird
EdenResidence, Manager at Eden - The Residence at the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for your valuable feedback.
I am really sorry to hear that your stay with us didn't meet your expectation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We rarely receive disappointing remarks and rest assured that we take your comment into high consideration. We endeavor to provide a superior service experience for all our guests; therefore, your comments regarding the villa situation are important for us and have been brought to the management attention to take action very soon.
We are happy to read your positive feedback about the good performance of Eden’s staff and we feel very glad you could enjoy it.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and it is our hope that you will give Eden- The Residence at the sea the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Manager

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our group of 10 stayed in this villa for 3 nights and had an amazing time.

Overall, the villa (Surga) was quite clean and very spacious. Each of the large bedrooms had its own large bathroom and built in wardrobe with hangers and a safe. There was also an extra bathroom next to the kitchen. Although a little worn down it was still very comfortable and well kept. We had a little issue with the ants in the toilets.. so if you don't like ants come prepared.

Every morning, around 2 of their friendly staff would quietly clean out the villa and make our breakfast. We were greeted daily with a smile and "how would you like your eggs done?". They even accommodated our special request of banana pancakes for breakfast for two of our mornings (for a very reasonable fee - i think it was the cost of buying the ingredients). Lunchtime was as effortless as breakfast. We told our chef we wanted a BBQ lunch and wrote him a list of what we wanted. He told us how much it would cost for them to buy all the ingredients (mind you, only approx AUD$120 to feed our entire group) and at our selected time, a big group of staff would march into the villa all prepared and cook for us while we sat back/swam etcc. The taste, very good and the value, awesome! Do try their pork ribs, king prawns, grilled snapper and chicken satay!

Cleaning? All looked after by their lovely staff.

As for the staff, super friendly and very attentive. Sometimes had trouble with the English but if you speak slowly and clearly, you shouldnt have any problems. I contacted the villa early to arrange airport transfers and these were arranged - we were all picked up from and dropped off at the airport with no issues at all by very friendly drivers. The staff were friendly from the minute we arrived to the moment we left.

Our stay was both pleasant and memorable. A big thank you to the team at Eden for being so patient with us during our stay. We had an amazing time and will recommend you to anyone!

Triple thumbs up guys!