“The old Warung style in a modern restaurant”
Review of Made's Warung

Made's Warung
Ranked #127 of 519 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Nieuw-Vennep
“The old Warung style in a modern restaurant”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A nice place in the open air, small shops around with photo's and memories of the old days. A place which have been visited by many world known people. Food from basic to stylish. Good price for the quality. Friendly staff: fast or slow service? spicy or western adapted taste? You ask it and get it!

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I went for lunch at this place. We ordered nasi campur bali for the 3 of us. The food was just okay, but somehow I got the impression that they did not manage the cleanliness of the resto. I ordered a slice of cake (just because I was so hungry!), and after few bites, I realized there were some ants coming out from the cake! well. I hope the ants did not breed inside my stomach. Overall, this resto is just average for me. Wont come to this place again unless got invited!

• Visited October 2013
Papeete, French Polynesia
“Nice place for desserts and juices/coffee”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went there with some friends late at night for some desserts (ice cream is good!) and juices/coffees. Live band the night we went so it was a pleasant outing. Haven't tried the food though. Crowd is a mix of locals, tourists and expats.

• Visited August 2013
bangkok
“Lives on a reputation”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

There are many restaurants throughout the world that survive on a past reputation and Made Warung is one of them ! Since I last visited ,the place has been enlarged to make it one of the biggest restaurants in Bali and in the process the ambiance has been destroyed. It now seems that they are set up for the Chinese tour groups ! The food that we had last night was not even on par with a street side Warung that would charge 20% of Made's price. The service was off the mark,and when I got bit asked for a mosquito repellent but it never arrived the same as my change from the bill !

• Visited October 2013
Lennox Head
“Thank you Made's. Best party venue ever.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were a group of 33 people. children & adults. We needed somewhere for a combined 50th birthday dinner that suited all of us. OMG. We went up the day before and meet staff & paid a small deposit. They were all over it with organisation. They even ordered in a beautiful bday cake for a small cost. I have been going to Bali for 30 years. Even lived in Java once, so Bali was our weekend getaway. With all of the new restaurants and hotels nothing could have come close to this classic Indo Icon. all of the food was served promptly. the menu is vast. ( east & west choices) After all of us eatting and drinking as much as well could fit in, the final bill for 33 people was under $800. Thats amazing. You wouldn't believe how many cocktails we downed.

• Visited March 2013