“Not bad for the price”

Ranked #138 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I would say the place is not bad for the price. The resort is like a chalet concept. Me and my brother book a room on the 1st floor. It is facing the poolside and nearby the breakfast area. The room was ok but many they should provide more things in the toilet. But for the price, I guess it is not bad.

The breakfast area was pretty small but it is enough to cater for the number of guest at that time. Overall, it is quite cozy.

The place is also only 5 - 10 minutes away from the local shops and food joint. So it is not hard to find food around the place. Of course I would say there are other better places around that area but with the price we paid for at The Seminyak Village, it is worth every cent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Azra A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We only stayed here 1 night but I'm not sure I could have done another. We were using it as a place to let the young kids have a sleep prior to getting on the midnight flight to Australia. It was very basic; clean enough but the kitchen did not look like the sort of place I would want to eat. Might be sufficient if surfing was all you wanted but not for a family

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy K
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We normally stay in a Villa but we wanted a weeks short break to shop, relax have some good food and massages, this was just a base for us to stay at

The service was fantastic and the staff gorgeous, our room was clean and tidy, our bed massive and fairly comfy, we had clean sheets and towels everyday and the bathroom was HUGE
The Hotel is old and tired but with the price we paid per night through expedia we were more than happy with our little bargain.

The food was good, the breakfasts were ok maybe a little more choice and BACON would of been nice.

A lot of people have moaned on here about this hotel but it's old and you get what you pay for, i would suggest this hotel to young people on a budget as the pool is amazing
GoStudy have students here and they are perfectly behaved and make the stay a little more fun, if you are after luxury this is not the place for you, but we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay
so thank you to everyone

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TeeTee311967
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Room clean and ok, bed comfortable, bathroom poor and smelly had difficulty brushing teeth in there without gagging, breakfast...... Terrible, thank god we took vegemite. But on the good side the staff were all really nice, and friendly and we didn't pay a kings ransom.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TonyH62
paris
Reviewed January 30, 2013

ended up there to be in seminyak - both choices were a disaster
this hotel is dirty soul less and a rip off!!
very pompous name for such a rundown place
resort ??? Where ??
Spa ?? inexistant
my sheets were stained with blood room dirty shower shabby

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TOURISTEAVERTIE

Travelers are raving about these Seminyak hotels

Concord, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

First time visitors to Bali - two adults, 16yr old son. Booked online and although first impressions were a little disappointing - renovating and a little rustic - our time at this spot was really enjoyable. King room with adjoining living area and bed for our son, was really comfortable and clean. Very friendly, helpful staff made for a relaxing holiday and the pool area was great. Only problem was it took 3 days to restore wi-fi when it went down, but no big deal. 15min walk to the beach and 2 minutes from restaurants and shops - a real oasis!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank John F
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Loved it. Great value for the price. I hate all the modern western style hotels being built in Bali with pokey little European sized rooms. Staff were great. My room was huge, even with a massive king sized bed there was heaps of room. Super quiet, I heard nothing once I was in my room. Spotlessly clean, comfy huge bed ( I slept like a baby, but block-out curtains would be nice). Bathroom was huge & clean, a bath would have been nice tho. Water was always hot. Half sized fridge was really cold, great for my beer. Air conditioner worked really well, it was very hot & humid but my room was always cool. The verandah area outside my room was great. Eating & drinking in the hotel was reasonably priced & the Indonesian breakfast was included... you can get a western breakfast if you want, but try the Indo food. I ate a few times at the hotel, couldn't fault the food, real authentic Indonesian food. Again you can get western food, but why go to another country if you don't like it's food. The pool is large for a resort that size. It's quiet, away from the hussle & bussel of Kuta, Legian & Tuban. It is hard tho to get a decent Indonesian meal in the restaurant area nearby as that area has always catered mainly to Europeans, but now more Australians are choosing to stay in Seminyak, hopefully restaurants will start serving what we expect in Bali, REAL Indo food. There's heaps of Italian restaurants, but lacking in real local places. I hired a local driver for 4 days, really cheap & he showed me real Bali & took me to local places to eat. I also used bike boys from outside the hotel so even tho it's a fair way from everything, it's easy to get around. The 2 bedroom private pool villas are awesome if you're staying as a family or group. I was very happy, everything I wanted & expected.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo