“Expensive and Not Professional..”
Review of Kusuma Resort

Kusuma Resort
Ranked #39 of 119 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Expensive. The staff not aware of the price and not very inviting. Its a one man show kind. For every small things he takes a call. The manager always ask you for the car rental as he has one car and takes his personal car for trips and charges full. After getting his services, I come to realise that he has taken his family member also in the same trip. First, we didn't mind and thought that it would be for some small distance, but realized later that it was for the whole trip. We thought that it would be real guided/personal kind of trip if we go in his personal car, instead we found this man was a greedy kind and wanted to make extra money possible on each occasion.
The hotel property, otherwise is decent looking at the moment but lack professionals. Rooms are big and the swimming pool is good.
For rooms also, when we checked in, some staff was there and told me the prices inclusive of all taxes. When we were leaving, the same manager asked me the price and the taxes extra. We clearly mentioned that we were told the price inclusive of taxes, but he completely denied the conversation. He demanded cash as he did not know how to use credit card machine. Had a real disturbing and bad experience here while we were leaving this place.

Breakfast was very basic.. Same papaya daily.. and he would bring cold toast always. It seems that they don't keep professional staff for service. For all kind of service, you are interacting with the same manager.

Room Tip: Please get the rates in writing from them including/excluding tax amount. Don't use the manager...
2  Thank VikasDutt

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have just had 5 nights athe Kusuma Resort. After reading reviews i was a little worried about the place..Well we were really surprised at the place.
Firstly we had 3 rooms, they were huge and i mean huge. It has 18 rooms 3 levels, stairs to each floor are nice and wide and easy to climb. Our bathroom was really large, with a bath with shower in there, but what i liked so much was that there was another shower that you just walked into..
The rooms were very clean, the beds were nice, they are firm, which is fine for us.
In the rooms now, they have a kettle and cups, i spoke to the manager and he said that they are about to put coffee mugs in the rooms soon.
They do change your towels everyday if you put them on the floor. There are Pool Towels BUT you have to ask for them..
Breakfast is only basic but for us that was all we needed. You can have eggs anyway you want, jucie, toast with jams and fresh watermelon, tea or coffee.
The swimming pool was very clean and large. Your rooms over look the pool. The grounds were very clean and we found the staff very nice.
There is no safe in rooms, but at front desk there are safety deposit boxes which we used.
You can talk to the manager , he is very nice and wants to know if you have a problem there so he can fix it..
To get to hotel you have to go to Double Six road and turn where the Heaven Hotel is , the lane down to Kusuma is brick paved and is nice, okay when it rains, like it did while we were there it was a little flooded BUT everywhere in Bali was..
We will be back..

Room Tip: I would take the top floor so i didn't have to listen to the people above me.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was refered to this hotel by my friends & was greatfull pleased as I wanted a place that was relaxing & quiet .
The staff down to the room attendants could not be faulted super clean great breakfast felt more like being a guest in a family home than a hotel just what I was looking for .
I will certainly come back agane .
The pool & surounding gardens are beautifull well cared for I just love the fact you are right in a busy location but just so quiet & peacefull .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Located off Double 6 with about a 10 min walk to beach. We stayed for 12 nights in Aug/Sept. loved pretty much everything about this hotel. Rooms are huge we had a deluxe twin lots of space for two girls and all our "stuff" and shopping! As already mentioned no room safe but we were also quite happy with all the lockable cupboards, felt secure and safe for us. Two showers in bathroom, no problem with toilet, almost a first in Bali for us! Towels and sheets not changed daily but we also happy with that, need to start saving water, energy etc in this part of the world! I would say towels were changed a out every 3 days but if you asked I'm sure they would change more often if wanted. Pool area great, nice and sunny all day round the pool and nice and quiet. Pool towels not provided but no big deal really. Only 18 rooms and 7 bungalows here so very small - suited us. May not be everyone's cup of tea if you like a lot a people about to chat to. All staff were fantastic and helpful but didn't hassle in any way, so left us to enjoy our holiday. We plan to stay here again and will recommend to our friends and families.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2012

First, there are much better places in the area at lesser prices. Rates are not fixed.. haggle and they reduce charges. They charged us USD 80 per night and our next door neighbor guest paid USD 65. Compared to some other properties that we later came across for around 60USD, this place is worth not more than 50USD. Also, be clear on all payment terms. The person who checked us in said no extra charges for payment through card. But the person who checked us out insisted on 3% extra. Also, be clear about exchange rate upfront. The manager tries to earn an extra penny through whatever means possible. Also, their card machine was not working and the manager did not know how to operate. After struggling for about 45 mins, he asked us to pay at one of their affiliate's shop.
Breakfast is very minimal and not sufficient - just a little glass of orange juice, 3 slices of watermelon and papaya, 2 slices of toast, 2 eggs to order and a cup of coffee. No variation - same every day.
The only thing positive about this place is the quite and peace despite being close to hub of activities - what attracted us to this place. Beach is about 15 walking mins away.
Having spent 6 days in Bali so far (in Nusa Dua and Seminyak), we are yet to experience the wonderful Bali service that other reviewers write about :(

1  Thank NoidaDeepti
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for 4 nights. Great hotel, calm, walkind distance to the beach and all the attractions (restaurants, shops, bars).
Huge room with balcony overlooking the big pool.
Great breakfast
Helpful and friendly staff
If we return to Semyniak we will definitely stay in this hotel!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My first trip to Bali - so haven't anything local to compare it to but I'll start by saying I would definitely stay here again. If by "resort" you conjure up 5 star luxury and huge pools/pool bars etc then this probably is not the place for you but if you're after a reasonably priced, comfortable, clean, quiet place in a good location with a nice outlook and pool then I can highly recommend.
Good things:
1. Huge room and balcony.
2. Very comfortable bed.
3. Huge bathroom with separate bath and shower
4. Very clean and tidy.
5. No in room safe - but all the cupboards had locks (was fine for me but some people may be a bit more conscious of this).
6. Super quiet location - no noise at all.
7. Very friendly staff
8. Cable TV channels (see below though...)
9. Not the biggest but still very enjoyable pool which you could swim in at any time.
10. 7min walk to the beach (prob about 800m) - same to restaurants/shops etc.
11. 24 hour shop just around the corner that also sells beer and some spirits
12. Bin Tang supermarket about 10mins walk (closes at 11.00pm)
The irritations:
1. No bedside/reading lamp - only overhead lighting which was not good if you wanted to read in bed - take a booklight with you.
2. No fly-screens on the windows - was not a problem when the aircon was on, but I would have preferred to be able to sleep with the windows open and no aircon.
3. Room doors are not self locking which meant you had to take the key out of the power supply to open/close the door which was a pain at night in the dark.
4. When you took the key out of the slot - all electricity went off (except fridge) so charging phones etc was a bit hit and miss.
5. Wireless only really works in the reception area (which they advertise so no surprise) - I was in room 201 which is close to reception so I had some signal on/off - good thing was it forced me to put my phone down which was not a bad thing - but if you need wireless in-room you may be in a bind.
6. No lift - not an issue for me - but if you have trouble with stairs I'd suggest getting a ground floor room.
7. Towels were not changed every day - but after asking they were. I am lead to believe that in Bali you don't expect the plush towels we are used to in western hotels.
8. The rooms did not have an iron or hairdryer (which I actually use to dry underwear etc) - not a problem just not there.
9. You probably want to take your own toiletries as those supplied were pretty lame.
10. TV reception was sometimes fuzzy - but didn't go there to watch TV - maybe it was the gods telling me to go outside :-)
11. No safety fence around the pool - no problem for me, but if you have small kids you would need to be careful.
12. No real security to enter the resort (which I kind of liked to be honest but it did mean that anyone could come and bang on your door.
In spite of the minor things I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend the Kusuma Resort.

Room Tip: Rooms are on three levels with each 1 (101-201-301) being closest to reception and more likely to ge...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo