“Dive Safari Bali”

Nautilus Diving Bali
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a German owned and managed PADI 5 Star Dive Resort in Seminyak, Bali-INDONESIA, offering all kinds of dive services such as dive courses, day trips, dive safaris, diving for children underwater photography workshops and any kind of holiday assistance.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I did an 11 day dive Safari around Bali early Dec 2012. From the start the communication with Werner was excellent, replies were prompt and answers to my questions very comprehensive. The whole trip ran like clockwork, the 14 dives we did were excellent and perfect for our level of experience. If you book through Nautilus make sure you dive Manta point at Nusa Penida, the Manta's we saw there were amazing and something we'll never forget. Our guide Gusti was fantastic and took really good care of us. He really went out of his way to find interesting marine life we would have otherwise missed. Highly recommend Nautilus if you are planning a dive trip to Bali.

1  Thank Ian A
in 4 reviews
"moritz"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family and I are recently qualified advance open water divers and travelled to Bali in December with extended family some of whom are qualified divers and some who are snorkellers. I looked for a dive shop close to where we were staying in Seminyak that could cater to our various requirements. Right from my first contact with Werner (via e-mail from the website) at Nautilus I was very impressed with 1. the promptness with which I received responses, 2. the options Werner gave me in terms of catering to the different needs of our group, 3. the clarification questions Werner asked, 4. the very reasonable pricing structure, and 5. the ability to cater to a large group (11 of us). This gave me confidence that our diving experience in Bali was going to be a positive one. Once in Bali and on the day of our dive trip we were certainly not disappointed. The transport arrived on time to pick us up, the trip to the dive site at Tulamben was as had been told to us, the dive briefings were excellent (thanks Antonie), the dives themselves (on the USS Liberty and also a wall dive) were terrific and very ably guided by Antonie leading us (6 divers) and Gusti keeping an eye on from the rear, the equipment was in good condition and the amenities at the dive site were very good (showers, gearing up space, food/drink) right down to the local women porters effortlessly carrying our gear. Antonie and Gusti were excellent dive guides keeping a watchful eye over us without being restrictive, showing us the various bits and pieces around the dive sites, giving us time to ensure we were organised properly and genuinely dedicated to making our dives enjoyable. Thank you Nautilus - we'll be recommending you to our local dive shop and other divers when they travel to Bali!

2  Thank MKK60
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was booking my dive trip for the busy season over Christmas from California.I contacted two dive companies and somehow Werner at Nautilus inspired more trust. He was ver responsive, offered good local insights on dive sites, what to expect weather-wise and it's effect on visibility etc. I ended up going for the Tulumben dive trip which was much longer a trip than I wanted but for me it was totally worth it! The shipwreck (liberty) was fantastical and spectacular! The second dive was a wall dive and was beautiful too. The divemaster was very competent and pointed out many interesting features. I had the divemaster to myself because I am an advanced diver and Werner thought it would be better for me if I was not constrained by the less experienced divers. That worked out really well.

3  Thank InformedDecision
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I am already an AOWD and whilst in Bali my partner got her Open Water certification. Having had some experience doing dives previously the formal training was compacted into 1 day instead of 2, which was great giving us an extra day for other activities.
For her open water dives (and confined water dives) we did all these at Tulamben.
We stayed at Tulamben Paradise, a diver specific 'hotel'. Facilities were basic but its all that you needed. Food was good and cheap and big enough to feed a hungry diver between dives.
The wreck was very good. We went in the off season so it wasnt as busy but i could see it having more divers then fish in the peak season. At 120m long with 3 penetration spots ranging from 5m - 30m it was a great dive for all interests.

Our diving instructor was Asmui (Crystal Divers) who has 21 years of diving experience, good bloke with good english.

I'd recommend Nautilus to anyone. If you are looking at getting qualified the course was $250 cheaper then in Australia and the double dive half the going Aussie rate.

Very good value for money.

Equipment was decent. Boots were starting to get a bit old, not a massive variety in wetsuits but we both got what sizes we needed.

2  Thank Chlobanger
See more reviews
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was visiting Bali with my family, 02 - 17 Nov, a dive paradise. NAUTILUS as a dive center there was the right choice. The booking went smoothly with 2-3 e-mails. Werner, the owner of the company proved to be very cooperative and he always promptly answered. I'm a diver for many years and I know that many diving schools are working carless and sloppy. Not as NAUTILUS. My wife and my daughter did there open water course with Moritz, a German instructor and he teached them all the important things a diver should know in a pleasant quiet fashion style, and so has taken away all the fears from my girls. Thanks for that.
After the course, we went out with NAUTILUS for a diving safari around Bali. I was often traveling on asian roads and the safety of the passengers is not the rule. so I would like to thank our driver Gusti who with his safe driving did a lot to a pleasant transportation. As a native he knew much about the island and showed us very nice places. Also our guide Hadi who is very familiar with all the dive sites always made the right decision (we changed once the dive site, due to a strong current) and he always had an eye on us and showed us the most beautiful fields. Even mantas and mola-molas were there. I would like to thank Moritz as well. We went out for a macro dive and he turned out to be very compitent and i owe him some great pictures.

thank you so much guys. we will come back for diving on bali and of course...just with Nautilus!

greetings .....michael