“Ivory Dream”

Ranked #74 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Ivory Dream”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Have stayed at the Ivory 4 times & love it. The rooms are modest, clean, bed so comfy,sheets ,towels changed daily .The staff are so friendly always have great smiles,nothing is an effort for them.POOL IS CRYSTAL CLEAR & very relaxing as no bar which is a bonus.Top location for great restaurants nearby.Pepitos minimart across the road sells everything you may need.Has security also.Love to return to this little gem!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Susan L
Ivory R, Manager at Ivory Resort Seminyak, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Mrs Susan,

Thank you very much for posting these great comments .
Of course we all happy to hear that you enjoyed your 4th visit in Ivory Resort and you will be coming back soon.
Please don’t hesitate to contacts us, before your arrival so we can assign you favorite room.
Thank you again.

Your sincerely,

( Operational Manager )

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 11 nights in a twin room. At first I was a bit reluctant to book, as previous reviews said the rooms were quite dirty and outdated, but this was not the case.

Sure, it wasn't perfect, there was a mouldy smell for the first few days, but it was no big deal. I'd rather that than lack of cleanliness but thankfully, the room was always fresh and clean.

The photos I'd seen didn't do the pool justice, the pool was actually gorgeous and I spent more time by it than I would have thought.

Every now and then we'd run out of soap or have issues with the toilet not flushing well (perhaps fill it with water every now and then if you decide to stay, to help prevent this from happening), but the staff members were always quick and happy to help.

The beds were super comfortable and the TV was great, plenty of channels and the DVD player and surround sound were much appreciated, we spent more time than expected lounging around in bed watching DVDs, originally we didn't think that was going to be an option. For what we were paying for the hotel room, we thought it'd be pretty sub-par, luckily, it was quite pleasant.

Taxi drivers don't always know where the resort is, especially if you are coming back from Kuta or somewhere else not close by. I would always say 'on the same road as Potato Head, but heading away from the beach'. Some of the local Seminyak drivers also didn't know, so I'd say 'near flapjacks.' Always try to take a Bluebird taxi and get them to turn on the meter, or they will more likely than not try to rip you off. A man is generally out the front of the hotel and he is happy to wave down taxis for you, just tell him you want Bluebird. It costs about AUD$1.50 to get to central Seminyak and about AUD$5.50 to get to Kuta from the Ivory Resort in a taxi.

I wouldn't recommend Flapjacks or Honeybeez to dine at, although they are close by, there are many better places on the same road to eat at. Biku is great for breakfast (I found I didn't like many breakfast places), The Deck was also not bad. Potato Head is a novelty to visit for dinner although it is somewhat pricey. Taco Casa across the road is also fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Tarara_x
Dear Ms Tara,

Thank you very much for finding the time to give us some constructive comments about your resent stay in Ivory Resort .
I will personally assure that areas that were less satisfactory during your stay are rectified immediately, so your next visit will be even more pleasant..
Once again, thank you for helping us with your comments, so we can improve our facilities and services.

Best regards,

perth
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 8 nights. I had airport pick up, welcome massage for 2 people plus 1 hour massage for 2 people plus fruit basket and brekkie. The check in was smooth and I got my room straight away.

The room is of a good size and you have a large flat screen tv as well as a mini surround sound + dvd player. The bed was very comfy and large. The bathroom is a good size, but there was no hot water in the shower it was lukewarm most of the time even if you left the water running for 20 mins and also not much water pressure which was annoying.

I also changed rooms because the inconsiderate people in the next room would always have there music up loud while you try to relax, this happened 3 of the nights so I told reception and they moved me to another room, and they also told the people to keep the music down, which was good.

Breakfast was across the road at The Honey Bees it was a set breakfast and you had 3 choices which got a bit boring after awhile. I always had omlette, toast, fruit & a juice. One morning I paid for Banana Pancake which was about 27,000 rp.

The pool area is nice and the gardens are nice well kept and clean.

I liked staying here but the hotel does not serve food and drink apart from Flapjacks next door and what you have in the mini bar in your room. There is a Pepito supermarket walking distance if you need to buy drinks.

The spa was good and we had 2 lovely massages by the lovely girls there. Would come back just for a massage!

The resort was quiet and it's good if you don't like noise and want a peaceful relaxing holiday this is for you.

The location of this resort is far away from kuta, legian I did walk one day from Legian and it took me more than 1hour, you can walk to Seminyak which you will find restaurants like Biku, Pettignent, Bali Bakery, Sea Circus.

All in all it was a good stay and they staff are lovely and helpful
Thanks to all the staff you are all amazing people.Also to the driver who picked up my husband late at night at the airport which was a delayed flight and waited a long time with me! Thank you so much :)
Kind Regards
Linda(Room 210)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank addikted2travel
Ivory S, Manager at Ivory Resort Seminyak, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Mrs Linda,
Thank you very much for your kind comments about your recent stay in Ivory Resort.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for posting these nice photos of the Resorts.

We are all looking forward to welcome you again very soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for your new booking.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for 10 nights in August, found the room to be clean and spacious, bathroom the same, staff helpful and friendly, a quite place to stay which is why i chose it away from all the noise and traffic not to far from Potato Head, Biku etc. Safe , flat screen TV, good bathroom, nice pool, security, large sofa in small ourtyard attached to each room, will certainly stay there again..enjoyed thanks

Room Tip: Stayed in room 209 excellent in the middle of the single story complex
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jo t
Dear Mr Jo,
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay in Ivory. We specially appreciate your observation about our great location- close to everything, but far from the noise!!
Please, do let us know when you plan your next visit to Bali– It will be be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Staying at the Ivory Seminyak for few days and it feels like we found the hidden gem. The location itself is in the middle of Seminyak and lots of great restaurants, hotels, shops around the hotel. When I was booked the room I got the very great rate but now it seems getting very expensive that I could spend that money in a big hotel. But they gave us a repeater code to book for next stay with a good price.

The checked in was so great and I couldn’t fault the front office staff for being nice and friendly all the time with those lovely smile. Superb! The staff are simply lovely especially the front office staff Ketut, Giannilucha & Adevia (I forgot the other staff names because we’re not often talks or meet) for always being nice and tells us everything that we aksed for, and they also arranged us to rent a motorbike! We missed you already! For the breakfast I can’t comment on anything as I don’t need breakfast but the hotel has a restaurant, Flapjaks. The pool were lovely which is not too big and not too small. But I was just wondering when my 1st stay there the pool chairs and the day bed was in a lovely color (pink or something and it was cute) but why now they changed it into dark brown and it feels like the pool is dead for the atmosphere.. You can see from the new color of day bed by the pool + the umbrella is not really match at all.

The room is spacious, lovely and the free wifi is working so well everywhere! WOW! And even every room got it’s private veranda with a comfy sofa. But the minus here was the linen and the towels. If you can see the towel is not clean well and the sheet on bed dirty and both linen and towels are stinky. Hope they really do a good laundry for this. Sometimes both the AC & Bathroom leaking and I called the front office to take care of this and yes they did it perfectly. Good job guys.

I will be back again there just because of the great hospitality service from all the staff. The service was top notch. Great value of money where you can relax, home away from home.

Room Tip: If you have more money try the villa with private pool is really awesome! :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Raymond B
Dear Mr Raymond,

Thank you very much for your valuable impute regarding you recent stay in Ivory resort . I have shared your comments, about our staff good service, with all concerned – it brought a smile to their face.
You can rest assure they will be waiting for your next visit to serve you even better .
I am sorry that you don’t like the new pool chair cover – we still have the old once and we will alternate them once the brown covers are sent to cleaning.
As for the laundry we will definitely take your comments very seriously and will action on this issue immediately ..
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you again to Ivory!

Portsmouth
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed for 11 nights recently, the rooms are lovely especially like the day bed in your own courtyard. Rooms were a good size and kept spotlessly clean and staff were always attentive and friendly. Bottled water was provided daily in the bathrooms and there was minibar with drinks and snacks. Bath robes and slippers were provided. Although it is not in the heart of Seminyak there is a shuttle bus to drop you into town. Lots of restaurants in local area. Did not pay for breakfast option but lots of places locally, Flapjacks, Honey Bees and also Gourmet Café. If using taxi's make sure you get a BlueBird taxi and check that they are on the meter, we were stitched up by one of the blue taxi's and paid 70,000 for a trip that should have been 15,000. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank GeorgiePortsmouth
Hi Mr Georgie,
Thank you very much for your nice comments regarding your stay in Ivory Resort.. I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us.
Please let us know when are you planning your next visit- we will be happy to welcome you again.

George Town, Penang
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a great little hotel, with nice clean rooms, large comfortable beds, a lovey pool area right in the heart of Seminyak. The staff were super friendly, it was super quiet, and I'll certainly be back. Well done guys, keep the good work up!

Room Tip: I stayed in 2013...very quiet, very clean and the flat screen TV and DVD player were perfect!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Keith H
Ivory R, Manager at Ivory Resort Seminyak, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hi Ms Keith,

Thank you very much for you valuable comments regarding your stay with us.
We are very happy to lean that you enjoy your stay and we sure hope to see you back to Ivory in the near future .

( Operational Manager )
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
ibis Styles Bali Petitenget
#72 of 144 in Seminyak
Villa Karisa
Villa Karisa
#75 of 144 in Seminyak

Been to Ivory Resort Seminyak? Share your experiences!