It was our first time here, we are RVC Timeshare Members, and was looking forward to our stay.
Firstly, I don't think it can be called a resort. You get a room, a pool, and can go for massages. No lazing by the pool ordering lunch and drinks, no dining at the Hotel restaurants, bar etc. You must leave hotel for all of this, unless you don't eat. There are restaurants & bars close by but it is a very busy street and there are no footpaths. We stayed the previous 5 nights at the White
rose Hotel, that is a resort. If you wanted a lazy day, not leave the hotel, then you didn't, it was all
there. The room, 211, was nice but the bathroom could do with a makeover - grouting, etc. Lots of mosquitoes. Secondly, but more importantly, I had a $10 note go missing out of my wallet, a snack bar out of fridge was taken, we don't eat hotel snacks, we buy our own, we had to pay ofcourse, and the night before leaving, i packed our suitcases and my handbag, placing my mobile phone inside into the phone pocket. The morning of checkout we proceeded up to the reception and all our luggage, carry on, and my handbag was brought up by three porters? to us. We were collected by our driver and proceeded to the airport. On arriving I went into my handbag to turn off my phone before the flight to find that my phone was gone, I was very shocked and disappointed, we have never had any reason to mistrust hotel staff, because nothing like this has happenend to us before, and we go to Bali at least twice a year. On arriving home and unpacking a small cosmetic bag that i received with a purchase of Calvin Klein perfume at Perth airport, which was empty, it didn't contain anything, was also gone. Too many things missing to just be a coincidence. It takes the shine off the holiday, it makes you less trustful, and I don't like that, because we love our time in Bali and the people. So, we would recommend that if you want the lazy days around the pool enjoying all that a resort offers, this is not the one for you. Plus, it is a long way out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ivory Resort Seminyak located in Seminyak area, Bali's most fashionable district, just 25 minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International airport, The center of gourmet cafes, street restaurant & bars, home wares and fashion stores where an international mix of celebrities and cosmopolitan jet setter flock of shop, dine and party. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ivory Resort Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivory Resort Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- Ivory Resort Seminyak Bali