“Great little hotel”

Ivory Resort Seminyak
Ranked #75 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
“Great little hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, before flying to Thailand.
The hotel is at the far end if seminyak, but easily within walking distance of a few restaurants and bars if you turn left out if the hotel, and a 5 minute taxi ride to Seminyak square which is literally a £1 or so (or you can get the free hotel shuttle). Legian / Kuta are 10 mins in a taxi and costs about £2.
The hotel is really well presented and very clean, if you look closely the rooms need a little work, but we decided to ignore that and focus on that the hotel looked amazing and added a little luxury to our travels for such a bargain price.

The staff were lovely and so friendly and would do anything for you, i can't praise them highly enough.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank cfu04
Ivory R, Manager at Ivory Resort Seminyak, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Ivory Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience with us. It has been a pleasure to receive a pleasant compliment.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and the overall services that we had offered during your stay with us.

We shall look forward to welcoming you on your return at Ivory Resort.

Kesumawati ( Mrs )

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

it's a very strategic located hotel where you can find easy and exotic dining within walking distance, and the hotel itself is well known for its waffle and pancakes with FLAPJACKS resto. The staying itsefl is very enjoyable with a very neat, clean, and well managed room, and very responsive hotel staff.

Room Tip: it is better if you could find a room that is closest to the swimming pool coz it's closer to th...
Dear Ivory Guest,

Thank you very much for your incredibly positive review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the service, and also I shall pass on your kind comments to my team.

It is also wonderful that you enjoyed our facilities in our resort.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the resort in the near future.

South Australia
Reviewed February 19, 2013

At this pricepoint it is good value. It is a small resort in Kerobokan area of Seminyak with an attached Pancake place which is utilised for breakfast and provies meals outside these times should you want them.

Pro's
Quiet once past reception
Location has a number of restaurants within a couple of mins walk both up and down road, as well as mini-marts, Ayu laundry (very cheap), ATM's and a mobile phone shop.
Transport to Seminyak SQ free but not pick-up. Its about 25 min walk.
nice but small pool and friendly staff
essentially clean and comfortable large beds with good aircon.
In room safe and brollies available plus haircare toothbrushes etc provided.

Cons
Could do with new linen
a Bit old
Flapjacks has a very limited menu for breakfast. No Pork Bacon and omelette is straight egg only. (go across road to Bumble bees (very cheap too) and they will make omelette with extras in it plus have bacon).
yes there is wifi but very spasmodic. Just go up road to stall and buy a sim and they will set up for you with 3G access and will work all over Bali.
Water pressure in Loo a bit low or not enough pre-flush storage (sorry not a plumber).

At less than $60 per night for a room it is good value and should be rated based on that.

We took a business card from the resort with us so had no problems getting back by taxi. The drivers seem to pronounce the "v" as a "b" if that helps (and some refer to it as Flapjacks resort). Be aware there is another flapjacks in Seminyak on Jl Oberoi.

Dear Ivory Guest,

We thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at our resort.
We are really sorry for any unpleasant things you had when you stayed in our resort. However we already noted your pros and cons in this review and we have passed on this valuable feedback to the related team in order to provide better service in the future.
When you have a chance to come back again next time, we cannot be happier to serve you and welcome you to Ivory Resort.

Your sincerelly
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel property and the room were fantastic! It was always quiet and relaxing for the 3 days we stayed here. The room was very spacious and all of the rooms have a small patio area with a comfortable sofa, and the option to close blinds to make it a private lounge area. Very clean rooms and friendly, helpful staff. It is not the most luxurious hotel in the area, but perfect for the price. The pool was rarely occupied, so we usually had it all to ourselves. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would consider staying again.

The only reason I do not give a perfect score is because on our final morning, the hotel staff forgot the wake-up call we asked for the previous night, and we slept in 2 hours later than we wanted to. They said they tried calling but we did not answer...which is definitely not true. Regardless, they should come to the room if there is no answer to be sure we don't miss something important...like our flight!

6 Thank jamieorehek
Dear Ivory Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It has been a pleasure to receive a constructive feedback from you.

We would remain keep the services in high standard and we thank you for your valuable feedback regarding the wake up call. We have passed on this valuable feedback to the related team in order to provide better service in the future.
We wish there is a chance to serve you again in the near future, please feel free to let us know and e will assure for the best attention during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your return at Ivory Resort.

Yours Sincerely,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I arrived me and my wife with a reservation. The reception welcomed us with a fresh drink in a
The hot Bali " we needed it". The facilities were clean and nicely decorated but what we most liked was the location as it was in the middle of Seminyak and all was close by. For surfing you can head to Canggu 25 mins on a scooter or Kuta. At the end we wanted to extended our stay with another week but we were not granted the same pricing and we were asked to go to an internet Cafe and make a new booking, which we found very a strange. We ended up staying just in front cheaper. Stay away from their SPA, it was not worth it. Better head to other places close by and very experienced. Will go back

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Ivory Guest,

We thank you very much for spending your time to write a review regarding your stay at our resort.
We are sorry for any unpleasant things you had when you stayed with us.. However we already noted your pros and cons in this review and we'll make sure that it would be better in the future.

We wish to have another chance to welcome you to Ivory Resort on your next visit to Bali.

Your sincerelly
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We arrived at Ivory to find ourselves booked into a delightful 2 bedroomed apartment right next to the swimming pool. The 10 year old and teenager were delighted. The ambience of this place is lovely. The entrance lobby is well designed, clean and welcoming. This is a tiny resort in rather a busy spot, which made it hair raising when negotiating non existent footpaths and Bali's usual crazy traffic. Ivory therefore was always a welcome respite from the heat and busyness of the outside world. There was a bit of a glitch with our booking. We had required two twin rooms and though Agoda had reassured me that I had indeed not made an error, a sum of $80 AUD was demanded on arrival to pay for the children's breakfasts. I paid it but had kept all of my correspondence regarding the booking and after my brother asked what might be done to placate us, Gede (Pronounced G'day) offered me an additional king suite to myself after the first night. I was happy with this solution. We might be a bit sensitive but the children experienced a few chlorine burns whilst at the pool. While the rooms were darkish, you entered your villa via an adorable little gate into a delightful little courtyard housing a divine day bed. No one does entrances as well as the Balinese! The family villa had a kitchenette and an extra fridge with microwave and dining table along with a day bed in it's spacious atrium. There was just one bathroom but two TVs, so no squabbling.
The interior design is very good, the beds firm but comfortable, a variety of pillows and linen excellent. You walk down a pathway to your room and it is just gorgeous. The tropical plantings lean forward to form an archway and the little fountains outside each villa tinkle with water as you breathe in beautiful tropical smells. It is an oasis. The wifi here was often non existent but I made International calls on my room phone and they were very cheap. This is after I had experienced failure with a purchased sim. Cable TV was available and channel variety was good. We had our laundry done by a little shop opposite Taco Casa restaurant and this was an excellent cheap 24 hour service. Taco Casa served brilliant fresh Mexican food. There is also a little restaurant directly across the road from Ivory which is quite good, amazingly cheap and a lovely private dining room for ourselves, overlooking their pool area. We chose this as this is monsoon time and it was truly bucketing down. I felt as if I was in a scene from Casablanca! We tried the Thai restaurant down to the left and across the road. My niece and I hated what we had but my brother and nephew loved their food. We had an evening at the Cuban restaurant, Tacos which only my brother would eat and nachos which we all had. Not a patch on Taco Casa but they had salsa dancing so there was a terrific atmosphere. I was a bit worried when I received a no label opened bottle of water (always specify a sealed bottle) but my brother said I was being ridiculous.
I had my first bout of violent poisoning the next day, (the first of three lots of poisoning). I brush my teeth in antiseptic wash! I wash my hands so often with alcohol rub the skin comes off. We never ate anywhere that did not seem to have reasonable or excellent standards. Take Lomatil and electrolytes to combat this besides fasting and only drinking sealed bottled water. Ivory is a fair distance to the beach but cabs are cheap and as said before walking with children especially is dangerous. Blue bird taxis are metered but I was taken around the block a bit on one occasion when I insisted on a metered fare so ask how much it will cost beforehand. We took long walks along the beach which is mostly too dangerous to swim. Take heed of the warnings as there are fierce rips and even the strongest swimmers can find themselves in trouble or worse. They don't publicise how many lives are lost on the beaches or from drinking cocktails or spirits with methanol. Walking off the beach one day I was surrounded by women with babies and children. I bought something from only one of the women as I only had foreign currency left. I was pursued by a child wanting to sell me bracelets but I said I didn't have any money. He persisted and not being prepared to give him $50 I did also. Previous visits I had been advised to not buy from children as they are sent to beg rather than to school. The child then hit me with something very hard and ran away. I felt disappointed and angry. I would
go back to Ivory if I was not always searching for different experiences. Flapjacks is where you have your inclusive breakfast. Breakfast is good. The staff are charming at Ivory and in the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Savoy88
Ivory S, Manager at Ivory Resort Seminyak, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Ivory Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience during your holiday and your stay with us. We assured that we took note of your detailed feedback ,as listening to our guests will always be the best way for us to improve our services and facilities.
We also thank you for highlighting all the positive aspects of your stay, among which the comfort all of facilities on your room.

We thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Sincerely Yours,
Kesumawati
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stay frequently at the Ivory Hotel and are never disappointed. The hotel is centrally located in the popular Seminyak/Petitenget area. Great value for your dollar. The Manager Mr GEDE and his staff are always keen to assist wherever they can, really enjoy their jobs. Rooms spacious and clean, breakfast daily at the Pancake parlour is great!

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ivory Guest,

Thank you very much for your incredibly positive review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and also I shall pass on your kind comments to my team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Ivory resort in the near future.

Operation Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
ibis Styles Bali Petitenget
#44 of 143 in Seminyak
PING Hotel Seminyak Bali
PING Hotel Seminyak Bali
#46 of 143 in Seminyak

Been to Ivory Resort Seminyak? Share your experiences!