“Surfing a different Bali wave each day of the week”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
The Green Room Seminyak
Ranked #7 of 105 Seminyak B&B and Inns
“Surfing a different Bali wave each day of the week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Fab week long trip at the Green Room with my girlfriend, and treated by some great surf guides (Putu in particular!) to a different surf spot each day of the week. A great experience which shall be repeated. Great budget accommodation, a friendly vibe and a tasty menu at the in-house restaurant. If you go, treat yourself to meals at Sarong and Potato Head, and make sure you do the volcano trek (but you'll only want to do it once!). Cheers to Lars and his team for a great week...

Room Tip: Make sure you get into the two-storey wooden accommodation around the swimming pool. A/C not needed...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed 1 week (and 1,5 year ago for 2 weeks) for surfing, it's a place where you can relax and have fun! The staff was absolutely amazing, so nice and they always remember your name :) The rooms are cleaned every day, just like the rest of the hotel. The food is so good and there's a lot of choice! Try the chicken cashew or club sandwich or the noodles :) From the hotel you can easily walk to the shops and beach.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have had the very best time at the green room so good I ended up extending my stay and wish I could stay longer. Not a single complaint or suggestion it has been amaze balls.

I was really nervous before I came but immediately the ladies on reception made me feel at ease and filled me in with everything I needed. Hollis one of the guides did the introduction to the camp and it was informative and helpful. I have never surfed before so I did three lessons with rip curl as well as recommended by the camp and that was really useful!

I originally stayed in the 4 bed dorm and it was comfortable and had AC. The shower is hot and the rooms spotless. I then moved to the guesthouse and to a single room which is also great has it's own shower and AC as well except you don't really need it too much at night at this time of year.

The pool, dining and chill out area are by far the best everyone comes and hangs out in between surf sessions and the food is great. In the evenings they show movies and there is plenty of time to socialise. What I love about it here is the atmosphere everyone that is staying and working here is super friendly and it's really easy to meet like minded people. It's not super noisy in the evenings and if you don't get a good night sleep it's because you didn't do enough surfing that day! On the weekends there are day trips planned and you can get a group together to go off and visit other areas I recommend heading to Balangan beach, Padang-Padang and then finishing off at Uluwatu some beautiful beaches and amazing views. There is also plenty of time to have a few beers or party on the weekend!

The breakfast (which is included) and other meals are fantastic delicious and well cooked! Good variety of Indonesian and Western food.

The surf guides are fantastic, they have definitely made the trip for me, whenever I am in the water I feel very looked after, the introductions to the spot and the reviews after are very helpful. If you ask they will help you out a huge deal - I can now stand. The guides worked to find me the right board and then helped me once I was out in the water. At the end of each session they talk you through what you did well what you need to improve on and whether or not you are ready for the next wave. They are all awesome - a big shout out to them for being so positive and great.

Lars, the manager has been great as well they will help with your forward plans and give great advice. He's a cool guy and he runs a great camp. I couldn't have been happier. If you think you should only stay a week I highly recommend staying two - with any luck next year I'll be back for three!

PS I accidentally rated the fitness center there isn't one but I couldn't change it! I bet if they had one it would be awesome as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank lofybug
Rapperswil, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I spent 3 weeks at the Kima Surfari in June of 2014 and enjoyed it very much. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are very nice and clean! I spent 4 nights in a 4 bed-room (with AC) before moving to a 2 bed-room (with fan/no AC) and I have to say that both was very nice...

All the surfguides are fun to be around and the overall vibe is awesome :) Lots of fun people mostly from Switzerland and Germany but also some Dutch, British and Australian folks just having a good time.
Hope to go back there next summer!!!

Room Tip: Like I said I stayed at both the 2 bed-room and the 4 bed-room bungalow and both was fine. So choose...
Kosgoda, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The surf camp is very close to the beach, the shopping streets and also close to a great choice of restaurants. The vibe in the camp is magnificent. You get in touch with many travellers, surfers and also with the stuff of the camp. The camp own restaurant is very good and cheap and the breakfast was the best I had on my whole Bali trip. I can highly recommend the green room as a surf camp in Bali and can guarantee that you gonna have a amazing time while you are staying at green room.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at the green room for 2 weeks and it was total awesome.The stuff was so friendly,the room was cleaned every day, the food was awesome (try the coconut risotto and the Chicken cashew!) the people we met there were totally in the balinese surf-life. See you next year green room!

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed in the Green Room Seminyak for just 5 days, but had an awesome time there! The staff is really friendly and helps you with everything you need. The pool area with restaurant, foosball, soundsystem etc. was great and it's been the meeting place for everyone. The atmosphere and the people there are great and it's the perfect for young travellers who want to surf in Bali. (I've only done the 3 day ripcurl surfschool because i didn't have more time there, but i've heard from everyone that the guides and trips are really good)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank olischuemperlin .