“Eat sleep and surf. Oasis with great team for a relaxed and cool vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
The Green Room Seminyak
Ranked #7 of 110 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“Eat sleep and surf. Oasis with great team for a relaxed and cool vacation”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

First of all thanks to the great team for this very nice week at Greens rooms/Kima surf. Very well located the Green rooms are a nice oasis with a great garden, pool and super friendly and helpful team. Perfect when traveling on your own, easy to meet people other guests, team, surf guides. Rooms are nice and clean and there are different options according to your budget. Breakfast (fresh juice, fresh fruits, eggs any style, local dishes, coffee, tea etc) and food is also great and where good value for money. I will be back for sure for a surf camp. Thanks again and see you soon!

Room Tip: The main rooms are located around the pool and there are different options. I had a deluxe room firs...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Irene801

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Welschenrohr, Switzerland
Reviewed June 8, 2013

First Impression
The Green Room Hotel is a very nice place to stay in Seminyak. Opposite to the busy and touristic roads of this area in Bali, this place is very calm and if you are in there, you feel like there is rainforest all around the camp. One aspect of this great atmosphere is, that they used a lot of natural construction material like bamboo or grass roof elements which give the camp a tropical asian look. A lot of plants and trees complete the charming look of this little paradise.
Leisure facilities
There is a lot of cool stuff in the camp you can use all the time. Like Table Soccer, Cinema Room with AC, Guitar, Percussions, Whirlpool and Balance objects (plank over pool & indo board). So if you don’t like to relax, you can always keep you busy with the things and people around. For me as a slacker it was a little pity, that it isn’t allowed to install a slackline in the camp, because there was an accident with it some time ago.
Surfing
With Kima Surfaris it's very easy to surf. You just have to put your name in the surfplan where you can choose between sessions on different surflevels. The next day you drive with a van and two guides to the surfspot and enjoy the waves. I started to surf here in the camp and after four weeks I had a lot of fun and made much progress. The guides have a good humour so we had a lot of fun in the sessions. There are also sessions in wich they film you for the videoanalysis at tuesday and thursday.
Restaurant
In the restaurant you can choose from a lot of international and balinese dishes. My personal favorite is the Chicken Cashew and the Chef Salad. It’s very tasty and after surfing you’ll need this. Also the creamy Mushroom soup and the Spaghetti with Prawns are a very good choice. If you feel to go outside there are a lot of different restaurants in this area too, so you don’t have to worry, that you’re hungry anytime.
Staff
In The Green Room Hotel the stuff is very friendly, always helpful and if you like to, you can joking around all the time. We have so much fun with them and this is very cool. If you have any problems with your surfboard or something else, they gonna help you.
In the front office there is a real genius in organizing. His name is Lars and if you want to do a volcano trip, a lembogan boatsurftrip or something else, just ask him and he’ll do the rest and makes sure that you get a good deal with the local providers.
We also met the cooking chief of the two Kima Surfari Camps. His name is Toni and he‘s such a kind person. When we met him, he asked us if we like to do some cooking class with him to learn some traditional Balinese recipes. We didn’t hesitate one second and it was totally worth it. First we went to a local market where Toni explained us a lot of Balinese food. After that, the cooking class started in the camp. We spent three hours with laughing, tasting, cuting, cooking and enjoying our own cooked Balinese recipes. You can check it on the Kima Blog right here : http://blog.kimasurf.com/. The Cooking Chief from Switzerland gave us also very useful information and tips for Bali so we had a lot of insider information about the island.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Solothurn, Switzerland
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The location is in the middle of the touristic area, but it's still quiet. It is in an urban area, but when you're there you think you're in a subtropical paradies surrounded by nothing but nature. The sound atmosphere is supported by lush vegetation what makes a good relaxing-experience. If you need more than that to relax, just call someone of the staff and they take care you get a massage from professionals in your room. The staff is always happy and very friendly and you can easily make friends with them, if you like. This way, we get in touch with Tony, the head-cooking-masterchief, who managed to organize a great cooking class in balinesian cuisine. This cooking class included a visit on a local market, where we bought ingredients for the meals, the cooking itself, the recipe for all 3 meals and a certificat. The cooking class with Tony was very fun and a good alternative for the everyday surf. Try to have a chat with him and the good-hearted bear might open some doors for you, which would not have opened to you as a normal tourist.
The best at the camp beside the good spirit and the stunning atmosphere is, you can make a wish to do whatever comes in your mind and the staff takes care of it. Go there, have fun with the people, enjoy the legendary beachparty at "la Playa" and get a feeling of what life in the last paradies on earth could be like.
Enjoy

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Växjö
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Spent last week of December 2012 and all of January 2013 at Kimas Green Room Hotel in Seminyak, for my second time. In 2011 I stayed at The Green Room and surfed with Kima aswell. And it was such a great experience that I decided to return and surf with them once again.
The hotelstaff and Kimas surfguides and officepersonell are very helpfull and experienced. The rooms are nice and clean. You can choose if you want to get to know new people by sharing your room with someone or pay extra to have some privacy. I shared my room with different people since I stayed a bit longer and it was nice. I got to know them well wich was nice since I was traveling by myself. Most of the people coming to the camp are traveling by themselfes and are mostly from Europe or Singapore (the majority are German-speeking).
The food you get at the camp is really nice.
From the hotel you can borrow bikes and go exploring the town and the surroundings by yourself och you can ask one of the surfguides to drive you somewhere in the cars that the camp have. And the guides have great knowledge of Bali and are good drivers eventhough the traffic is madness!!
And it is very well worth the money. It is much less expensive than other camps.

/Sweden - Lina

Room Tip: Share rooms!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lina S
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed May 31, 2013

First of all thank you to all the team at the Green Room. I really had great three weeks. The camp was absolutely amazing. It was just right, from the rooms, the food and the surf guiding. If you had any wish, what example concerns the organization of trips, you could always count on Lars (Camp Manager). I will definitely come back next year. I'm Looking forward to it very much.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Wow so many good reviews - this must be to good to be true. This is what I was thinking when I checked the "Green Room" before my travels. Well after I've been there I can tell, its amazing. Had an awesome time over there. As I was travelling alone I was kind of scared about how it's gonna be in a camp like this.
Its really easy going and so easy to meet new people as a lot of people stay there who are travelling by themselfs.

The rooms are clean and spacious, I was staying in the Bungalow a few steps away. The only two facts where the light situation in my room (too dark) and that there was no wifi in the bungalow area. But according to the price it is totaly fine.

The staff is really friendly and they remember your name immediately, camp food is good and also prepared for western needs (Burger, Pancakes). I can reccoment the Laksa Soup with prans. So yummi.

Well for the surfing a lot of people already mentioned the good things, I was a total beginner and learned a lot. The instructors make you feel save and as there are own cars its always possible to visit several spots.

In general everything is really well organized, be prepared for a lot of German, Swiss and Austrian guests. But they are always happy to speak English, so the vibe is really good and some nights almost the whole camp is going out together. Just don't be shy, when you arrive it seems like everyone knows each other for years, but its really not like this - so just join and relax down at the pool :)

Room Tip: For low budget I can reccomend the Bungalow. Choose the luxury version of rooms when you are a coup...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank colorlights
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very nice atmosphere in the surfcamp. This was the best surfcamp that I ever had. It was my secound surfholydays there and hopfully not my least. Every day the surfguides thake you to the greates surfspots on this crazy ireland.

• Stayed April 2013