“A mixed bag”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Ate twice at this family run Warung. The service is great as is the atmosphere - open kitchen, some of the food cooked over an open grill out on the roadside and having to shift the cat to be able to sit down all contributed. The first meal as full of flavour and well cooked. The second, a preordered suckling pig was a bit of a let down. When you factor in the ridiculously low price of everything this restaurant represents real value.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We ate there after seeing it on trip advisor and it was recomended by a friend. We got some of the garlic butter prawns for an starter and they were the biggest prawns I have ever seen. For a main I had the crab and my boyfriend had the whole red snapper, I would definetly go there again! We would like to get the suckling pig but you need to order it the day before.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We went here based on a recommendation from a friend. The food was very good, prepared on the BBQ on the road. The service was prompt but not at all polished. It was good value for money.
Don't go here if you like 'shiny' restaurants or oodles of atmosphere. Come here if you are looking for an authentic Balinese experience.
Nb-do not visit the bathroom. You have been warned!

1  Thank Twiggy84
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I do not understand how this restaurant gets such rave reviews! Our first visit here was vey disappointing- my husband ordered a meat (pork) dish as he is allergic to fish and it came garnished with fish! When we complained, the owner offered to cook a noodle dish which was a considerable improvement but it was added to the bill! My fish curry was appalling, three chunks of fish swimming in curry flavoured water. We paid the bill, minus the disastrous pork dish, and it was not contested. Would not recommend this - there are better in Seminyak!

1  Thank cdrees
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I went searching for this place after a friend recommended it.located just past sarong from thd outside you almost miss it.what an amazing and cheap meal.everythjng is so fresh and delicious.Seafood fresh,clean the kitchen is visible so you can see the whole family in there cooking away.we ate until we felt like bursting and didnt pay much more than around $30 including alcohol.its cheap its fresh its definately safe.its always nice in bali to eat at a little local restaurant rather than always at the western places
I love this place and can't wait to go back