“Good food but missing atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Warung Eny

Warung Eny
Ranked #56 of 506 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
UK
“Good food but missing atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We went based on TA feedback and the food didn't disappoint. We had the corn fritters and calamari for starters and both were excellent and tasty. Rice was served to us both whilst we waited for the mains to accompany it. My cap coy was delicious and lots of different veg. My husband had the fried chicken which he thought was fantastic.
Not sure if it was the time or day but we were only one of two couples tonight. Admittedly we arrived at 9 and its Halloween so may have been why others skipped or had an early dinner.
Family run and friendly, happily explained dish and provided extras we asked for.
Would recommend the food to veggies as well as this has the largest range I have seen so far.

1 Thank SunitaLON

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth
“The real deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

An early lunch and we just wanted a light meal Indonesian style. Right on the main road with only a few tables and very basic but friends had urged us to try it. A cold beer and we placed our order with the friendly staff and watched as the food was prepared and cooked right before our eyes..
Some satay in a delicious gravy with lemongrass followed by beautiful tasty corn fritters. Simple fried chicken was next along with the best warm Indonesian salad I have tasted - forgot the name but it was yumm!
Definitely going back for more next time!
If you are looking for a trendy place this is not for you, but honest local fare what is on offer here

Australia
“Local restaurant, real Indonesian food, real taste!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We pre-booked the giant prawns the night before as recommended by other guests at our hotel. for $200,000Rp (AUD$20) you get four giant prawns cooked over some coconut husks burning in a cut off 44 gallon drum. The flavours are amazing and the side dish of vegetables only complimented the prawns. Drinks are some of the cheapest we paid and the service was fast and friendly. If you need to find Eny's, just get your driver to take you to Vila Lumbung and eny's is located to the right of the entrance.

Oslo, Norway
“My favourite place for dinner in Seminyak, heartly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I live in Oslo, Norway and have spent several winterholidays in Bali and Seminyak. As from the first time I spotted the small Warung with the vegetable shop in front I have been a regular guest there. I can say nothing but; Try it and you will be just as "saved" as I have been. The food is always fresh and from the best ingredienses, prepared in the open kitchen by the boss and members of the family. His wife is the smilingly caring in command in the restaurant always with a pencil across in her hair, handy for writing the bills. They form a complete athomosphere of harmony and pleasure. The first time I came their two sons were little boys playing quietly in a corner. Now I guess they are responsible for the internet presentation of Warung Eny.

I am looking forward to my visit in February with great pleasure and my very first dinner will be.... at Warung Eny! Try it yourself, it is not fancy, very down to earth, genuine. We need places like Warung Eny.

Tycho D. Castberg, Oslo, Norway

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank TychoOslo_Norway
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Tasty, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had all seafood. The crab with sweet chilli sauce was quite incredible, prawns with garlic were the biggest prawns I've ever eaten, slightly underseasoned but ended up having everything with the crab's sweet chilli sauce anyway. Squid was nice too. Amazing value, great service, simply furnished. Well worth a visit for Indonesian food.

• Visited September 2012