“Stunning!”

Ranked #1 of 105 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Stunning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Where do I start with describing this amazing place? We stayed for 2 weeks at the beginning of September 2012. Booking the villa was made so easy by Mathieu who was quick to reply and respond to my many queries. He also arranged transport for us from the airport to the villa, I would recommend this as it is in a small gang that is a little tricky to find, but this also makes it very private.
When we got to the villa, Mathieu was there to greet us at the beautiful double doors that are the entry to the grounds, he took my bag and as I walked through the doors was immediately enchanted by the beauty and tranquility of this gorgeous space. The koi fish in the pond became my personal pets during our stay and every time we would walk past them I would say hello (I named the biggest koi "big Ted") and they would greet us too (ok ok they probably just wanted food).
Mathieu walked us to the main house, and as we arrived in the evening, the gardens and pools were beautifully lit. It was really a special moment when my eyes took in the beauty of this amazing place. Mathieu described the features of the guesthouses and he was very caring and attentive - this continued for our whole stay, he really is incredible.
We stayed at the villa closest to the main house, which was also beautiful, it had a large (king size?) bed with side tables, a tv, small fridge, tea/coffee making facilities and a small nook where you could sit and read. The bathroom had lots of storage with double closets, a safe and an outdoor shower. Initially I was a bit cagey about using an outdoor shower, but after the first day I got over it - it is fully private and no one can see you (unless they're standing IN the bathroom).
We both slept really well, the beds are very comfortable and it is a very quiet space. We were often woken early by the local roosters and the odd dog barking but had no problem going back to sleep. Breakfast was served by Putu and Mitah who were very attentive and sweet, I still remember the melodic sound of their "good morning" and "how did you sleep?" which they used to greet us every day. Both girls were very friendly and were happy to deal with any requests.
I had mentioned to Mathieu that I had wanted to purchase some new outdoor fabric cushion covers for my outdoor setting, and asked him whether he knew anyone that could help. I knew it was an unusual request, and had no expectations. Well, Mathieu totally blew me away! He and Gede arranged for a representative from a company that makes outdoor covers to come to the villa with some fabric samples. He didn't speak any English, so Gede interpreted and we were able to have our outdoor covers made to order! And so inexpensive too! A few days after the order, they came to drop off what they had made for us - it was perfect (everytime I look at our outdoor furniture I'm reminded of this experience!). Wow wow all I can say is wow.
The pools of the guesthouses are also beautiful, we swam mostly in the pool closest to the villa and we rarely saw any of the other guests. In the 2 weeks we were there, I think there was only half a dozen times that anyone else was in the pool when we were. It was really like having our own guesthouse with a private pool.
We also celebrated our wedding anniversary whilst we were staying at Villa Blubambu, the staff had arranged a special wedding anniversary cake for us! This gorgeous place just keeps on blowing me away. Mathieu and the staff are so thoughtful, caring and friendly.
One of my favourite staff members was Nyoman, the gardener. He worked magic with the gardens, beautiful phalaenopsis orchids were located at various spots around the garden, the garden had the soft scent of frangipani from the gorgeous trees nearby. Every morning he would greet us and was always hard at work in the garden, his care and attentiveness really shows, I did not see one weed in the garden anywhere! It was truly stunning. I also noticed that Brenda (Mathieu's wife) would spend time a few times a week to help teach Nyoman English. It's these things that demonstrate how much Mathieu and the staff love this place and how well they treat each other.
Loved loved loved this place, I did not want to leave! I'm already planning when I can go back again!

Room Tip: Choose guesthouse number 3 if you want the ultimate in privacy, though this guesthouse does not have...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vickietickietoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Langenfeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We - a family of four - stayed for our Christmas holiday in two guesthouses in the Villa Blubambu. We loved it! It is such a nice place to be with the generous, well kept garden and the swimmung pool. We always felt coming back home after our long excursions.
People were all very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was very relaxed.
Breakfast was served under the beautiful frangipani pergola and included a very nice mixed fruit plate every morning.
The gueshouse itself has a nice setup with an outside shower ad is very quiet.
I can definitely recommend the place. It is only a short walk to beach and restaurants.
If i came back to bali I would definitely go there again!!! We stayed from December 23rd until January 4th.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Manuela J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We've had an absolutely fabulous time at Villa Blubambu.
The three villas are gorgeous, with two swimming pools set within beautiful grounds. It's only a short stroll away from all the main restaurants and bars, but very quiet and peaceful so you get the best of both worlds. Breakfast was also very good with plenty of options to choose from.
The owner Mathieu was brilliantly helpful and full of great recommendations.
We'd definitely go back - highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saskia321
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We spent one week last August and it's the best place we stayed during our 2 holidays in Bali.
Location is perfect, just a few minutes walking distance from the beach.
The place is really relaxing but you are still in the center of Seminyak.
Breakfast is gorgeous...personalized,excellent croissant and baguette like in France!
Huge bathroom very clean.
No problems with mosquitoes or any other insects during our stay.
Mathieu and his staff were very nice and helpful and we appreciated the suggestions for night parties!
We hope to be lucky enough to find place next time we'll come to Bali!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank marco-milano74
moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is the best choice in Seminyak and around (I am already regretting that I write this review, as I will not be able to get a room for myself ever))). 1/3 of the success is the beautiful grounds, pools, stylish decor of the bungalows, - ideal place for those who love boutique style hotels. Another 1/3 is the staff team, who are always friendly and flexible, and the host Mathieu whom you can easily call a friend. The final part is location - very close to trendy cafes, music bars and the beach, of course, but still away from the crowds along a little street of private villas.

Strongly recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WhoeverKnowsThis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we walked into this beautiful place we started to relax. Villa Blubambu ticks all the right boxes; it is peaceful, spacious, in a great spot in easy walking distance to both the beach & shops, has very friendly and professional staff & is really good value. We can't imagine finding a nicer place to stay. The gardens are amazing, the pools wonderfully refreshing & the breakfast area delightful. Thank you Mathieu & staff for such a wonderful holiday. We look forward to many returns.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Hamburggirl1
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's easy to see why this place keeps getting rave reviews - it's low-key and exactly what you want - a beautiful little villa well-located in Seminyak. Mathieu, the owner, is a sweetheart - but in a low-key, unobtrusive way. And the grounds are lovely and the breakfast is tasty. My only suggestions were bigger bottles of water in the fridge in the villas and a reading lamp over the bed (yes, these are the definition of nit-picking.) On the whole, a perfectly lovely way to visit Seminyak - only a couple blocks from the beach.

Room Tip: There are only 3...two identical villas and (I think) a larger one on the other side of the garden...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple