“A dream of a holiday”
Review of Villa Blubambu

Villa Blubambu
Ranked #1 of 117 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This villa really lived up to the very high standards described by others. Our whole family were very happy with our stay and the staff accommodated our varying needs with no fuss (e.g. teenagers who wanted to sleep in, where to find all sorts of things, breakfasts ranging from very early to very late depending on the days activities.) It's well located and hard to fault.

Room Tip: All rooms equally lovely, but the room near the lap pool is best for swimmers.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank teaswizzler

Reviewed August 18, 2012

As being in the travel industry myself, I know how hard it can be to please everybody. Staff and owner Mathieu doing an excellent job in this regards. Cleanliness, friendliness and service are spotless.

We will stay again when coming back to Seminyak

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jörg S
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We live in Bali and often come over for a weekend to Seminyak. Villa Blubambu is your best choice in Seminyak by far, and we have really tried many! It has a very good price-quality ratio, especially if you compare it to any other places in Seminyak. The owners are very friendly and willing to help you with everything from booking a restaurant to tips for planning the rest of your trip in Bali. The breakfast is excellent and the pool is perfect for a good work-out. The garden is very big and it is a heaven of piece in the hectic Seminyak. Strongly recommended!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Inge v
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Amazing. Mathieu and his staff made us incredibly welcome and were easy to approach about any aspect of our stay we need help with: laundry, restaurants, taxis, drivers, tours... The list is endless. The villa was lovely and set in the most beautiful gardens, we had what I can only describe as a private pool in front of our villa and we had a delicious and very filling breakfast each morning underneath the pagoda. The waiting and housekeeping staff were delightful and were so accommodating, I was so excited by the array of tropical fruits that I had never come across before as we come from a much colder climate, and the staff made sure I had more of my favourite fruits each day. My husband and I had such a fabulous time and when we were ready to leave Mathieu gave us a really helpful map of Ubud with some suggestions of what to do there... Is there no end to the good service? No!

We had the most fabulous honeymoon and as our first stop in Bali we couldn't have been happier. Thanks to Mathieu, Brenda, Gede and the rest of the staff at Blubambu.

Room Tip: By fitness centre, I mean pool! Don't be scared of the dark alley that leads to the Main Stree...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JNNNewcastle
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Villa Blubambu is a heavenly place to stay. Mathieu and staff are wonderful people to spend time with. My two children and I absolutely loved everything about our stay. I look forward to spending more time at Villa Blubambu.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RinaLuvsHols
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had a chance to spend 5 nights at Villa Blubambu with my family. I chose the property entirely based on other reviewers recommendations. I can honestly say that the property was everything I was hoping it would be - quiet, comfortable, and convenient. Mathieu and his staff took exceptionally good care of us - helping with restaurant recommendations and local transportation. Take advantage of getting a massage while you're there - a steal at $10 US for a one hour full body massage. Breakfast was great every morning, and there are many, many options for lunch and dinner in close proximity. As others have mentioned, the Villa is situated down a lane that isn't easy to find - especially for a taxi driver that doesn't know the area. What we found that worked was to say that the lane was across from Puri Saron, which is a Seminyak temple landmark that most taxi drivers knew. A tip here about taxi service - there are metered and unmetered taxis. Only use the metered taxis.
We only went to the beach once during our stay. Great for surfing, and many options for lunch or a drink to watch the sunset, but I got tired of being solicited by vendors walking up and down the beach trying to sell everything from kites to beads to single cigarettes. We found ourselves being much more comfortable staying by the pool at our villa.
Overall, I give Villa Blubambu high marks and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank SAfan2009
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We booked Villa Blubambu based on it's perfect ratings, and we can't help but add to it's acclaim. From the moment you tip-toe over the carp pond entrance, you become spellbound by the beauty of this hidden garden.

With only 3 villas, each with it's own pool accessed directly from the deck, the staff can't help but be attentive, yet they only only seem to appear when you need them.

The Dutch owner lives in the main house above reception. He is so generous and welcoming that you feel like a guest in his home, far beyond mere paying client. We would stay here a million times over, especially considering the value for money and the feeling of coming home.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple