“Top place to surf and relax”
Review of KIMA Surfari

KIMA Surfari
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfcamps and Surfaris in Bali - from Surfers by surfers - with more than 15 years experience and local knowledge
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Top place to surf and relax”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

If you want to learn to surf or wish to improve then this is a great camp. Everything is well organised with two trips a day for all levels so you can sit back, relax and just eat sleep surf!
Very friendly staff and great instructors and lots of laughs. I will definitely be back for more. .

1 Thank Al450

• Korean first
Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
“Surf, eat, sleep!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Unfortunately I could just spend a couple of days here, but my stay was great!
Facilities are excellent, food is good and the staff makes you feel very welcome!
During the second day, when I just did my after-surf nap and went for lunch, I realized all I do is indeed surf, eat and sleep. Wonderful!
The boards provided are very good quality. The staff that goes out with you to the spots will help you find the break, but don't expect them to be full-on surf teachers.

Visited October 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great surfcamp!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Going surfing with Kima is great. From Monday to Friday you have a choice of at least five spots of varying difficulty for Your two sessions per day. So you get to surf a load of different waves. The guides drive you to the spots, give you an introduction to the spots and go in the water with you. Some of them give you hints and tips in the water, while others leave you more to yourself.

All in all I had a great time surfing with Kima, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Visited October 2013
Broome, Western Australia, Australia
“Second time round..... No complaints!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Returning to Kima surfcamp Seminyak was a completely rewarding experience. I was there six months previous and was surprised that without any real prior knowledge of my return all of the surf guides remembered my name and even many of the staff. I couldn't count how many times i was welcomed 'Home' in the first few days i was back. This for me was the best part of my time there regardless of the surf. The Guides and staff are really welcoming. It felt pretty special to return to hand shakes and hugs with them all. Again Camp manager Lars who i have the utmost respect for, and also Guide leader Tom couldn't have been more accomodating. It really is a special place. For all you beginners out there ( me being one of them ) I will make a note of the fact that during this period ( last two weeks of July ) the waves were a lot bigger than my first trip back in feb, which was more of a challenge, but in no way did this hinder my enjoyment during my stay. Just bear it in mind. If like me you don't mind a bit of a knock around then its all good! Im already planning my third trip and look forward to seeing everyone again....

VIVA LA KIMA!

Visited July 2013
Robina, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent for what we wanted!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I met a mate of mine in Bali at Kima Seminyak and stayed in the aircon room (single beds) in Apr 2013. Actually, I just noticed that he has posted a review ... I basically agree with Ryan Budden's post.

Mostly people were there to surf which fitted perfectly for what we wanted ... usually 2 surfs a day and the guides were awesome at finding locations that picked up the swell and matched our expertise. The people at the accommodation were really cool and down to earth which made for a fun time.

I guess one thing to be aware of was that it was more of a 'luxury' style backpacker resort and I wouldn't necessarily take my wife and son there. Most of the guests were younger (18's to mid 20 year olds) as Ryan and I are late 30's ... but we didn't mind and actually enjoyed the younger crowd. This could've just been the time we were there too .. it depends what you want.

Bali is a magic place and the surf is insane however it was disappointing to see the pollution in and out of the ocean which did affect our surfing. More love needs to be invested in the infrastructure and environment in Bali as it would be sad to lose it's beauty!

Thanks guys ... thoroughly enjoyed my trip!!! You are awesome!!

Visited April 2013