“beautiful villas but be alert during rainy season”
Review of Kunti Villas

Kunti Villas
Ranked #108 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The villas size is big and they're beautiful. staff is also friendly. However, because of open areas, it is not worth staying in the villas during the rainy season. Located in Seminyak, a little too far from the kuta area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
TRM_Bali, Manager at Kunti Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Mr HeavenAsh

Thank you for staying at Kunti Villas on your recent visit to Bali and thank you also for taking time to write comment about our villa.
As you mentioned that our staff is friendly, we will convey to the entire team so that we can maintain and improve the friendliness of the staff.
I do apologize for couple inconvenience that you encounter when you stay on rainy season. In regards the distance from Kuta area we do provide free shuttle 4 times a day as we mention on our flyer that we set-up in the room. But if you were not notified well,once again we apologize.
Looking forward to see you stay with us again in the future with better experience. We would like to suggest you for your next Bali trip to check balitrm.com in where you will find the best available rate in internet along with extensive benefit for all our products.
Once again thank you very much for your comment

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. The villa itself is big and spacious, with a private pool, large bed, shower, tub, private patio/cabana area, etc. It looked fantastic from the pictures, and the price was right (only around $140 a night). I was a bit put off by the number of flies in the reception area, but the receptionist was friendly. When we arrived at the villa itself, everything appeared run down and old. The first night, the mosquitoes were out of control--we were eaten alive. Reception's answer was to give us a can of bug spray, which did the trick. We ran out of bug bomb and had to buy more the second night using our own money. Also, as other reviewers mentioned, this place is far from the beach and far from downtown. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Grayson W
TRM_Bali, Manager at Kunti Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Mr Grayson,
First of all we would like to thank you for taking your valuable time on sharing your experience in our villa.
I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you encounter with the mosquitos, as you know, Bali is set in a tropical Island and our villas are open plan villas which makes very difficult to control this 100%.
In regards of the distance from downtown we do provide free shuttle service to Seminyak area 4 times a day from 10 AM to 4 PM. We do hope this service will help our guest to get a better experience during stay at our villa.
For your next trip to Bali, and sincethis recent visit did not match your expectation we would like to recommend you and your relatives check balitrm.com in where you can see the different properties that Tjendana Corporate has in different locations of the Island such as Villas Aya and The Club Villas in KayuAya Street, the heart of Seminyak.
Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at La Beau,Kunti Villas for 2 nights. Great impression from the beginning when friendly staffs came greeting helping with luggages and let us order the breakfast on demand ( the type of eggs,meat,bread,juices and the preferred serving time) for the next morning!

I did not spot any weak point of cleanliness : the room was nice and clean up everyday. We had a little problem with leaking shower we let the concierge know and an engineer came fixing right away so that was a prompt service.

Eventhough The location was not in the city centre of Seminyak,I managed to find a local market about 20 metres walk from the hotel: a few local restaurant,food stalls,vegetable and fruits shop and i got batic printed saroong for only3$ So, I was very happy about it!

There is a free shuttle bus a few times a day into Seminyak City Centre and beach so,it was pretty organised acctually!

If you are looking for a calm place to stay in Seminyak, I would recommend Kunti Villa!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wens19xx

Dear Wens,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed our facilities and services.
I am thrilled that you found our service level and your kind words will be share to entire team so we can maintain our services on the same level.
Once again, thank you for supporting Kunti Villas and for actively promoting us as your preferred place of stay in Seminyak area. We look forward to welcoming you back soon with greater experience.
For your next trip to Bali, I would like to recommend you and your relatives to book via direct at balitrm.com in where you will find extensive benefits and best available rates in Internet.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

While it is indeed value for money in terms of space, I wouldn't recommend this place at all to those who enjoy a good location, comfort and cleanliness. It is run down and badly in need of refurbishing. I believe it was once a really lovely place and still can be if something is done to restore it. But for now, it is mosquito infested, with rather dirty looking bed linen, holes in the mosquito nets, towels that aren't fresh smelling or clean and rather rough to the touch, sofa that is torn and unsightly. The place is dimly lit even with all lights turned on and that attracts mosquitoes even more. I spent the entire night wide awake just hitting away at mosquitoes. I wanted to check out the very next day but had no choice other than to stay on as I'd already paid in full. I spent my second night better prepared to fight with the mosquitoes and planted mosquito patches all around the bed. That somewhat helped. The bathroom although spacious is rather run down and makes you just want to do your thing and get out. As for breakfast, although having a butler deliver breakfast of your choice at a time appointed by you is a nice idea, the quality of breakfast is left to be desired. Be prepared that breakfast could come to you rather cold, coffee or tea means a pot of hot water which you would use to make on your own cuppa with the sachets available at the kitchenette and juice tastes like a really sweet cordial mix. I personally would appreciate a cup of freshly brewed coffee and juice that's more natural. If you want to be away from the excitement of the activities in Seminyak then this location is fine. But if you're in Seminyak for the shopping and night life, you are not in the middle of it if you stay here and need to walk at least 10 minutes to be at the start of it all. Not at all safe to walk because there are no pavements all the way - so avoid walking if you're with little ones. You need to call for a taxi from the villa if you don't want to walk. In terms of service, Balinese are generally lovely people. Won't likely be back to this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JulieCon
TRM_Bali, Manager at Kunti Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear JulieCon

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Bali and thank you also for taking time to write comment.
We would like to apologize for couples inconvenience that you encounter when you staying with us. This certainly doesn't represent the high standards of our brand. Please rest assured that I have addressed your comments with the concerned department for improvement.
For your next trip to Bali, and since this recent visit did not match your expectation we would like to recommend you and your relatives to check directly at balitrm.com in where you can see the different properties that Tjendana Corporate has in different locations of the Island such as Villas Aya and The Club Villas in KayuAya Street, the heart of Seminyak.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Ok so I would like to think I am now a seasoned traveler to Bali. I have stayed at around 6 different resorts there. When considering all of the different factors this I would say comes out in the top one or two and here are my reasons why.
Firstly what I love about this venue is the space. I have stayed at many of the plush villas in Seminyak like Pradha, BVilla to name a few. What I really didn't like about them is how squashed in you are. Also in nearly every one of them after midday or around 2pm the sun will set over the building. So if you are considering enjoying your villa and not necessarily exploring then bear that in mind. With this villa you have masses of space. The pool is the bigger than any I have had in Bali and its well serviced and looked after.
That space applies to the whole villa, you have a massive room, chill out area and bathroom.
The honest truth is it is a little scrappy in areas. Yes the air con in the room looks a little shabby but it works. The kitchenette is a little ragged around the edges but it was functional.
So the space to me outweighed a lot of the other factors. We simply hired a scooter from reception which cost around $5 per day and we would ride into Seminyak or catch a cab. It was around a 5 minute drive, so yes dont expect to be able to walk to anything apart from the convenience store which you could happily stock your mini bar up for half of the price that you would be charged in the other villas
The service was good, anything you needed they would tend to. Amenities were excellent you got everything you needed for the stay.
I will be going back there every time I go back to Seminyak I think, I would much rather the space than the limited space you get in the centre of seminyak.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room away from the road. I think it can be noisey if you stay near reception. H...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DJ_Traveller78
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Villa is quite run down. Many parts of flooring and shower look aged. Surroundings not interesting. Nothing in walking distance. Service is not up to par.

Tried to order dinner after long day and called front desk, only to be told I have to come to front desk to pick up a booklet because they are to busy to bring it over. Once picked up, you get a booklet of a low end delivery service.
Towels are like sand paper. Water pressure goes up and down, so your shower will go hot-warm-hot-warm-etc.
Breakfast they will bring it to your villa in the morning, but what they bring is not great. Fruit juices are artificial bulk products.

Also strange is upon check-out they need 15 minutes to check your villa if anything is missing. A waste of time because there's nothing worth taking.

There's many other locations on Bali where you get much better bang for your buck.
Unless you get a very good deal and are not planning to hang around your villa more then an hour, avoid this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank galore360
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Had stay 2 nights La Beau Kunti Villa. Upoon arrival no welcome drinks and buttler not around. .Had ask the front desk for a map. they do not have as they run out and offer to give us a copy of a unclear map that is so blur.
The key thing about the villa is the Room is in need to re-vamp . Toilet flooring is worn out and discolor . Stain on floor mat.My room even have dripping issue when it rain. Poor house keeping as I see spider around and tap/ hair dryer is not shiny but in tarnish condition.

Poor breakfast , do not order the western breakfast. Better if you are eatting out.

It is the little details in a hotel or villa that made the stay complete. The management had failed to do so in all level.

• Stayed: March 2013