“Privacy, staff courtesy and a relaxing stay”

Nunia Boutique Villas
Ranked #86 of 417 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Broadbeach, Australia
“Privacy, staff courtesy and a relaxing stay”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Nunia was an amazing place to stay. We had just stayed for 7 nights and got married at a large villa that could sleep 24 guests and now we honeymooned just the 2 of us in the private villa at Nunia for 5 nights. Location was a short 5 minute stroll to 'Eat Street'. The beach was 10-12 minutes. We could get a taxi out the front and the convenience store was a 5 minute walk the other way. 'Grocer & Grind' was 5 minutes away for morning coffee and breakfast was included and tasted great. The villa was spacious, modern & clean. It was one of the few villas that could be fully locked up however we flung open the bi-folding doors every morning to open the place up to the pool & gardens. The living dining area was full size with a sound system that we plugged the iPod into. The kitchen had gas cooking (didn't use it) and a good size fridge/freezer. The bedroom had another flat screen TV (didn't use either of the TVs) and then opened to a huge bathroom with double stone bath, double vanity basins plus an indoor & outdoor shower. Both the bedroom & living were air conditioned and the deck by the pool had 2 quality sun lounges. The staff were excellent bringing us ice and milk for our Kahlua and could not be more helpful. We would recommend and stay again at Nunia Boutique Villas

Room Tip: We had villa 6. Quiet, sunny & private
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnnieAndNic

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

It was a 4D/3N holiday for the 3 of us, and my second visit to Bali. Being a rather fastidious vacationer, I tend to change hotels if I'm dissatisfied but with Nunia, I stayed in Villa no. 8 without hesitation throughout my holiday.
Contrary to some of the reviews here, I found Nunia pleasant and comfortable. Much like the photos others had shared of Nunia, my villa was spacious in every aspect. What pictures failed to capture was the quiet, Nunia was very quiet and serene, and truly was a place for us to relax and unwind. Sleep was heavenly.
About my villa, the water in the swimming pool was clean, the sheets and towels were clean, the bedrooms, bathrooms and compound was well-lit.
What I liked most about Nunia was its staff - they were so accommodating and helpful. For example, I had wanted to eat Babi Guling in Seminyak rather than taxi to Ubud for just a meal. Nunia's staff recommended Pak Malen Babi Guling at No. 5 Sunset Road which was close enough to Nunia, the meter fare was only Rp15,000 for the taxi (we paid the minimum fare Rp25,000 cos we requested Nunia to Dial-A-Cab for us). Beware though, Pak Malen was not airconditioned and whilst the patrons were local and the food tasty, the place was kind of hot during lunch and cramped. It was a warung so if you prefer a classy airconditioned eatery, Pak Malen might not be for you. But I digressed.
Location-wise, Nunia was close to eateries, bars, shops and Seminyak Square. Tip - don't walk along the winding road from Nunia but take the lane instead. It's a shortcut and perfectly safe even at 11.45 pm. Yes, we were still walking around at night.
Mossies weren't an issue, the staff sprayed our rooms in the evenings. Nunia even provided mosquito repellant in the bedrooms even though we slept under the mosquito nets in our rooms. Plus factor - I wasn't bitten at all when I was in the patio in the evenings.
The cassette-type aircondition in the living room and the 2-bedrooms are individually controlled so I didn't have an issue with the Balinese heat in the day (or night).
The ala carte breakfast menu was fine - you can choose from its selection of nasi goreng, mee goreng, chicken porridge (it was more like congee) or continental. Pretty big serving in my opinion, and palatable.
Overall, I would stay at Nunia again if I was staying in Seminyak, and have since recommended Nunia to my friends.
If the management is reading this, please accept my compliments and thank your staff on my behalf for their great smiles and service, I hope to see them again in the future.

Room Tip: Villa no. 8 is located next to the reception and this particular unit was the one closest to the mai...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Wei_Liang_See_Tho
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Nunia Villas is one of many, many villas in Seminyak, several of which look expensive and exquisite. While Nunia may not be the most high-end, we can certainly recommend Nunia for its truly private pool villas, which are well-kept by staff everyday (They spray for mosquitoes every night and we only ever saw one bugger flying around the whole time). The pool appears to be self-cleaning as it remained immaculate all 4 days of our stay. The spacious rooms are also decorated in black and white minimalistic-chic, and the outdoor shower is a nice touch. On the flip side, half the items on the room service menu were always unavailable, and those that were you wished weren't after the first bite. That said, there are numerous cheap and great restaurants within walking distance of Nunia. The service, reception desk and room service, always had a ready smile and offered assistance whenever needed. Value-wise, we had a great discount because of Groupon. Without that, I would pay maybe USD$200 a night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VivienneTseng
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Love it so much. It look totally same as photo.
I like it deco....simple and comfortable.
Service is good and friendly
Only bad is the location. Its abit far from the main road.
Booked one bedroom villa n i guess management place me in two bedroom villa. Coz one of the room is locked.
Me and my hubby very enjoy our stay in nunia villa.
Will recommend tis villa to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Angelohling
Kuching
Reviewed March 28, 2013

First of all, this is our first visit to Bali, and we have no idea of all these Kuta/Legian/Seminyak areas. The reason I consider Nunia was partially because of it's promo rate, and also the positive reviews on tripadvisor.

I should have downloaded the map as our driver had difficult times finding the villa. The road leading to villa needs some serious repair. However, we were not disappointed when we reached Nunia. We travelled with my in-laws, and our 2 kids (7 & 2 years old) and were so relieved the villa (Villa 1) looks exactly like the photo on internet. The check-in was really smooth (probably because we arrive late, and there was no other guests at the reception), and the staff helped us to carry our luggage to our villa. Welcomed drinks were served, all the air-cons in the bedrooms/living had been switched on (always a relief on a hot day at Bali). I requested a BB cot and it was already in 1 of the bedrooms.

The villa manager, Harry came & greeted us and his warmth made us feel so welcomed. All the staff are extremely friendly, polite and helpful. We soaked in the pool for a while and requested for massage service at 5pm. Kids refused to go outside for dinner, and we had to order the room service meals (lol). The massage was just ok, whereas the dinner to us is below the standard. Food is bland (but alright with the in-laws), and in very small portion. There is indoor, outdoor shower + a huge bathtub in each bedroom. Kids used the outdoor shower and they love it!

Next morning, breakfast arrived at 8am sharp, nothing like those breakfast served in 4-5 star hotel but just nice for us. We certainly will consider to stay at Nunia again in the future, and will not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

Stuff that need improvement: Algae growing in the pool (in between the gap of tiles), need good scrubbing. And i think at least 2 bath mat is required since we have 2 shower areas in each bedroom.

Room Tip: Request Villa 1 if you book 2-bedroom. It has huge pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Villa looks just like the photo (always a relief!) and was spacious and clean. The airconditioning was excellent and held up on extremely hot days. The pool was really clean and the daily room make up included a complete clean of the pool area. Although there is a big kitchen and it is advertised as 'self contained' there is nothing to actually cook with (pans pots etc) and there were no drinking glasses other than wine glasses and tea cups. The staff were really friendly and obliging and were quick to respond to requests for assistance. Breakfast meals were really delicious but evening room service meals were well below the standard you can expect from nearby restaurants. During our 9 day visit shampoo and mini bar were not re-stocked at all and the sheets were not changed once, we had to repeatedly ask for the large water bottle to be replaced. Our son was badly electrocuted by the pool due to a live wire leading to a light not being properly insulated. I slipped on the very wet outdoor tiles on a rainy night and injured my back, there is no mop or mat to prevent this happening. I really liked the place but felt that there is a lack of appropriate management of the property and attention to detail that western tourists expect. A mouse ran across the floor in the kitchen one evening but we get that at home too so I wasn't too put off. The road leading to the Villa is in disrepair and it was awkward to walk or ride in a taxi when it was raining. I think the staff made this place pleasant and the actual villas have heaps of potential. A little TLC will go a long way.

Room Tip: all the villas are oriented the same way, we were in Villa One, furthest from the office and kitchen...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ozlibby
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at Nunia Villas for 10 nights each stay in the past 12 months. We will not return. Nunia Villas are lovely and in the perfect location, but unfortunately Management does not maintain this property. The maintenance issues we had on our previous trip have not been dealt with. Broken doors, door locks, broken tiles, timber deck around pool is a safety issue. Lack of continuity of service. The first 2 mornings at breakfast we had cloth napkins, then paper towel, until finally nothing. They do not restock shampoo, soap etc and we were constantly asking for things like water. Asking for ice became a problem. The sheets are not changed frequently, as the stain on my pillow case was there every night!
We returned to Nunia Villas this year hoping that things would have improved but they haven't, and I don't see things changing any time soon. It's a shame because these Villas could be so much more. There are many wonderful Villas in the area and Nunia needs to keep on top of things to compete.

• Stayed December 2012