“Mary & Helen”
Review of Arvina Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Arvina Villas
Ranked #171 of 428 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had the most wonderful experience staying at these villas for 10 nights. The location is ideal as shopping, dining, beach and nightlife can be a walk or a very short taxi ride away,depending on how you feel. These villas are tucked away down a narrow laneway off the main drag so not only do you have excellent location, but also the choice to escape the noise and relax by your salt water pool surrounded in the peace and tranquility of your "zen" environment.
The staff are so welcoming, unintrisive and happy to assist with anything you require. This is not surprising once you meet the owner Shariff, a lovely man with a smile to light up a room and a
personality to make you feel like close family.
You open your door to your villa and walk into an open air lounge and kitchen area. This area
has a ceiling fan to help you deal with the heat and humidity. The kitchen area is more than
adequate but only equipped for basic cooking eg. 1 smal frying pan , a couple of pots etc (why
cook when you can eat for $5)? Your bedroom and bathroom area is airconditioned, which was
a wonderful relief from the heat allowing you to always get a good nights sleep.The bathroom is
enclosed in glass and beautifully landscaped,giving the visual impression of open air bathing, but
providing the privacy that is require.Each villa has a large flat screen tv in the bedroom, but in the 10 days that we were there we turned it on once for an hour, preferring to relax in our private garden or by the pool.
I would recomend you either organize your own driver to meet you on arrival or ask Shariff if
he can organize one for you prior to arriving in Balias the airport can be stressful. When catching
a taxi use Cafe Moka as your villa landmark as the little laneway that the cafe is located next to
is the lanway to the Villas, and yes a car does fit down there, although I would not like to be driving.
I would not hesitate to recommend these villas, and will definately be returning again, as our
experience was so happily positive, so was surprised to read the last review of the booking issue.
I think it is important not to confuse errors made by the booking agency with the hospitality and
professionalism of the owner and staff of these villas. I am sorry for that person who had that
misfortune as they unfortunately missed out on a lovely experience in staying at Arvina and getting to know the people who run them.
Had the best time. Thank you to Shariff and staff.

Room Tip: Villas 2. 3 4 and 5 open up onto the pool area. Villa 1 opens onto the garden. It is up to you wha...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1234arvina, Manager at Arvina Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Mary and Helen
It was wonderful to have met you both, it was our pleasure to have you both stay in Arvina,I know you are both busy on your return from your holidays so thanks very much for taking the time to write a fantastic review.
We will look forward to your return in the future
Love Syarif and the team

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Did much research, read the great reviews - so booked 3 nights via AGODA.
Reservation confirmed by email, payment taken from my credit card so looking forward to the stay.

Then receive email from hotel owner saying he cant honour one of the 3 nights paid for, as
Multiple bookings!!
WOW!

Was then offered to stay for 1st & last night - plus shift to another property for the middle night.
ie 3 nights = 3 moves from room to room - not much fun!

NOT happy. Owner did offer a refund, but only in cash in person when on Bali - not to my credit card immediately - the least which could be done.

Agoda didnt care - no support to their client - the people booking.
Did notice Trip Adviser only links to Agoda for prices/booking for this property - strange, as usually links to many booking providers.
Seems there is an exclusive arrangement with AGODA which means the owner of the property can control the bookings, even if you have paid & been confirmed!!

Not professional. Has put a damper on my trip.
Wasted many hours trying to resolve.
& STILL they have my money.
All quite absurd :(

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1234arvina, Manager at Arvina Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

First of all I would just like to say thank for taking the time to research Arvina Villas and being inciting to come to Arvina, unfortunately it wasn’t to be ,we are so sorry for this, please understand we had your dates already blocked out at Agoda so don’t know why the booking was made in the first place.
We offered you money back straight away ,that we don’t receive from Agoda until guest leave, it is Agoda who should have refunded your money not us ,we think is very unfair of you to attack us like this when we have already blocked booking at Agoda.
Through our emails we apologize many time for this mistake ( not ours) and hope one day we can make it up to you.

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

In expensive (for Bali) Seminyak this place is a rare gem and great value. Located down a lane way next to Cafe Moka this small collection of 1 bedroom villas is well run by the vivacious Shariff (as in Omar ) who has a smile that extends from ear to ear. The villas surround a salt water pool each with it's own private entrance. There is an outdoor living area complete with kitchen where you can relax to take in the zen garden of your complex. Entering your bedroom area the first thing you appreciate is how spotlessly clean the place is . A sliding door gains access to the bathroom which has been fully enclosed yet appears to still be outdoor. No hot water in the washbasin but definitely hot shower! Position of the complex is great , close to coffee shops , restaurants and the best spas in Bali. In reading previous reviews of this property I took note of a recommendation for a driver and was glad I did. Eka ( eka.taxi@gmail.com ) speaks English very well and understands Australians . He is respectful , a careful driver and not "in your face". I emailed him a month before my arrival and sure enough he was there to meet me off my flight. Used his services for all of our longer trips in Bali.
I would definitely return to this property again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

staied here on short notice and the owner shefi was more than happy to take care of us we were greated by a great driver Ekar from the airport and delivered to the resort for 100,000 fist class car and driver. the hotel staff was extremely friendly and the room was clean security is a non issue here no need to lock anything up the owner is on site and the staff are top notch. a must if your wanted a relaxing getaway in seminyak. ask for palces to eat sang rai was a hidden find he recommended and it was awsome.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz C
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I visit Bali every year for a mixture of holiday and business, and have stayed at Arvina Villas every time except for the first trip, when we didn't know Arvina existed.
The Arvina has always been very good, but Syarif, who owns and runs the villas, has made some improvements that make them even better than before.
The well equipped open plan kitchens have lovely hand made fitted cupboards and brand new appliances, all you need if you want to cater in. The bathrooms are glass walled, so you get a lovely view of the private gardens whilst being in air conditioned comfort.
The location is great for us, the staff as ever are attentive and efficient, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Bali.

Room Tip: We prefer room number 4, we think it's the best of the standard villas for location and size.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My Husband and myself have been to Bali many times, but have never stayed at villas, so this time changed our plans and stayed at the Arvina, we really loved it and would highly recommend it.Syraff made our stay, he was very helpful. The Location is excellent, it is very private, The Wifi worked really well The mossies were no problem with the coils. We hope to return next year with our family. Thank you for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: We had the deluxe room, which was great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have just returned from a 6 night stay at Arvina Villas with my Fiance. The staff were fantastic and really make the effort with their guests. The rooms were different to places I had stayed in the past and were comfortable and had everything you would need. I very rarely write reviews on here but I cannot recommend Arvina Villas highly enough. Thank you Syarif!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple