“Great value for upmarket Seminyak and so close to great restaurants and spas.”
Review of Arvina Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Arvina Villas
Ranked #137 of 417 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Brisbane, Australia
“Great value for upmarket Seminyak and so close to great restaurants and spas.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

In expensive (for Bali) Seminyak this place is a rare gem and great value. Located down a lane way next to Cafe Moka this small collection of 1 bedroom villas is well run by the vivacious Shariff (as in Omar ) who has a smile that extends from ear to ear. The villas surround a salt water pool each with it's own private entrance. There is an outdoor living area complete with kitchen where you can relax to take in the zen garden of your complex. Entering your bedroom area the first thing you appreciate is how spotlessly clean the place is . A sliding door gains access to the bathroom which has been fully enclosed yet appears to still be outdoor. No hot water in the washbasin but definitely hot shower! Position of the complex is great , close to coffee shops , restaurants and the best spas in Bali. In reading previous reviews of this property I took note of a recommendation for a driver and was glad I did. Eka ( eka.taxi@gmail.com ) speaks English very well and understands Australians . He is respectful , a careful driver and not "in your face". I emailed him a month before my arrival and sure enough he was there to meet me off my flight. Used his services for all of our longer trips in Bali.
I would definitely return to this property again.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed January 30, 2013

staied here on short notice and the owner shefi was more than happy to take care of us we were greated by a great driver Ekar from the airport and delivered to the resort for 100,000 fist class car and driver. the hotel staff was extremely friendly and the room was clean security is a non issue here no need to lock anything up the owner is on site and the staff are top notch. a must if your wanted a relaxing getaway in seminyak. ask for palces to eat sang rai was a hidden find he recommended and it was awsome.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz C
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I visit Bali every year for a mixture of holiday and business, and have stayed at Arvina Villas every time except for the first trip, when we didn't know Arvina existed.
The Arvina has always been very good, but Syarif, who owns and runs the villas, has made some improvements that make them even better than before.
The well equipped open plan kitchens have lovely hand made fitted cupboards and brand new appliances, all you need if you want to cater in. The bathrooms are glass walled, so you get a lovely view of the private gardens whilst being in air conditioned comfort.
The location is great for us, the staff as ever are attentive and efficient, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Bali.

Room Tip: We prefer room number 4, we think it's the best of the standard villas for location and size.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter H
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My Husband and myself have been to Bali many times, but have never stayed at villas, so this time changed our plans and stayed at the Arvina, we really loved it and would highly recommend it.Syraff made our stay, he was very helpful. The Location is excellent, it is very private, The Wifi worked really well The mossies were no problem with the coils. We hope to return next year with our family. Thank you for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: We had the deluxe room, which was great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
hong kong
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have just returned from a 6 night stay at Arvina Villas with my Fiance. The staff were fantastic and really make the effort with their guests. The rooms were different to places I had stayed in the past and were comfortable and had everything you would need. I very rarely write reviews on here but I cannot recommend Arvina Villas highly enough. Thank you Syarif!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jonny h
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at Arvina Villas for 3 nights and had a very wonderful experience.
It's at a prime location, right in the middle of town and within a short walking distance to restaurants and shops. It is a little hard to find at first, located in a quiet side street off of the main Jalan Seminyak, but it is just around the corner from the well known the Cafe Moka.
We stayed at one of the 4 villas flanking a beautiful rectangular pool. Each villa has its own walled space which provided complete privacy. There is an outside living area with a functional kitchen and comfortable lounge and arm chairs. It has a ceiling fan which kept it comfortably cool and breezy during the day. We were a little concerned about the mosquitoes after reading other reviews, but the mosquito coils + the ceiling fan easily solved the problem.The air conditioned bedroom next to an open bathroom/toilet is separated from the outside area sitting area by a sliding door, which can be locked. There was always someone at the reception area as you enter the main compound so safety was never a concern.
Other features:
-Free WiFi with strong reception in the room
-Flat screen TV with DVD player
-room safe
Perhaps the best feature of the place is the great hospitality of the owner/manager, Shayrif. He really went out of his way to make his guests feel welcomed. He spoke excellent English and was quite prompt in responding to my emails when I was booking the reservation and transport arrangements. He also gave us excellent dining and sightseeing recommendations in town and surrounding areas.
Shayrif arranged our transport pick up from the airport and I highly recommend our driver, Eka. He is quite helpful, friendly and most important- an excellent driver. I've driven in different cities all over the world, but driving around Seminyak, especially during the rush hour, is strictly for the local pros. We liked Eka so much we decided to hire him a full day to tour and drive us to our next stop - Ubud. Eka's email is: Eka.taxi@ gmail.com.
For the price, location,facilities available and the warm hospitality of the host and his staff, Arvina Villas is on top of my list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Noel C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I travelled to Bali alone and stayed at Arvina Villas in April 2012. The villas are located down a side alley so it took my taxi driver around 20-30 minutes to figure out where it was – FYI, tell them it’s the side street at Kafe Moka, it’ll save you a lot of time! When I did eventually get there, I was greeted by the loveliest young guys who put me straight at ease but unfortunately their command of the English language was pretty non-existent so communication was a struggle. There is a small reception area which leads into a courtyard with a small pool and the villas surround it. I opted for a superior room which was clean and comfortable. The living area is half-outside (I don’t really know how to explain that better!) with a large pond to one side and two leather armchairs facing it. This leads into a kitchen area which I have to admit, I didn’t make use of other than to put some water in the fridge but it looked clean enough. The only problem with this area is the mosquitoes that are in abundance due to the open-air design so be careful if you’re somebody who gets bitten! There is then a sliding door to the bedroom which I absolutely cannot fault. It was cool, spacious, very clean, elegantly decorated and there’s even a big flat-screen TV in there. I will take this opportunity to point out though that my bedroom didn’t lock (it was supposed to) and I pointed this out on arrival but it still hadn’t been fixed by the end of my stay. This may sound unnecessary but due to the fact that the villa is sort of open-air, you really do want the peace of mind of locking the bedroom door. Nonetheless, there was a safe so valuables were secure. The bathroom was small and open air with a tiny pond by the shower and toilet – be mindful of this if you have a few too many cocktails! Overall, it’s a nice place to stay and fairly reasonably priced for Seminyak – which is ridiculously overpriced compared to the rest of Bali.

Head down to the beach and turn left and there is a fantastic little restaurant and bar called La Plancha where they serve inexpensive, lovely tapas (in huge portions) and great Mojitos. This is my favourite place in the area as they have huge bean-bags and light-up tables spilling down the sand towards the sea and by evening, it is unbelievably lovely and chilled.

Also, get a taxi to Potatohead at Seminyak Beach for classy cocktails by the sea (be prepared to pay London prices though). It's really cool and a little bit swanky.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo