“It's worth it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arvina Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Arvina Villas
Ranked #129 of 410 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Germany
“It's worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Just stayed 3 days in Arvina Villas. To be honest I was a bit concerned as there were two earlier reviews that the villa is not suitable for relaxed holidays (though my impression was that these angry reviews were based on single incidents). Now, after staying at the villa I couldn't understand the earlier review even less because our villa (no 4) has a lovely open feel to it and was very private. As many reviews listed the location was great for all the fashion shops (was quite important for my wife) and restaurants close by (this was for me).

On our arrival we were greeted by the owner Syarif who was a delight, friendly and helpful. All the staff were so friendly, we felt very comfortable staying here. While I am writing this review I felt it neccessary to check other reviews out and not surprisingly I saw not one person had any bad thing to say about Syarif (what a woman from Singapore did). It was all good and I really feel a bit sorry for him about the earlier review. What is the world coming to when someone like this woman can review in such a manner to put an individual down.

We at least will come back next year.

5 Thank Thomas089

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed for a week at the Arvina Villas and loved every moment of it, the location was brilliant down a nice quiet gang and really close to bali deli and all of the other great restaurants in Seminyak, the staff were brilliant and very helpful, and the villas were lovely and clean and and very peaceful. Our holiday was in March and so we basically had the gorgeous pool to ourselves!
We will definitely be returning to Arvina Villas, and we have been to Bali many times before so feel we can comment well on this accomodation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Poppy H
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We Stayed for 5 nights in Arvina Villas,We filling good and happy couples,it was just like at home,
the owner Mr.syarif so help and good guy,the staff also very nice,Arvina Villas very cool and private,great for holliday and relaxed,the price also very good for in Semnyak Area,
try to Visit Arvina Vilas Seminyak,you will love it..

Room Tip: for the price is very good,room so clean and relaxed and the owner very nice man
3 Thank laura746
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is my 3rd time to Bali and my worst experience ever due to my stay in this villa. I had high hopes due to the great reviews. Upon getting there, the reception was friendly enough though it was strange as our passport details were not taken down for security (the norm for other villas we stayed at in the past.) Upon "checking in", our safe was not working and we had to keep our money hidden in one of the drawers. When we returned on the 2nd night after dinner, we found one of the helpers working in the villa sitting outside our villa, sneaking around. We found it strange but didn't think too much as we had locked ALL the doors. However, upon checking the next morning, we realised our money (1.2 million rupiah) + my husband's phone was stolen. We complained immediately to Syarif, the boss and he had this to say. "I cannot accuse my staff because they will be furious." He was not even willing to question his staff for us and not willing to help AT ALL. We left the villa for the day, furious and my husband returned to the villa 1 minute later as he wanted to take his medication. Not surprisingly, Syarif was already INSIDE our bedroom wandering around (we already locked our doors before leaving). Upon seeing my husband, he panicked and gave some other excuse saying the neighbours might have stolen our stuff. And when we came back from the night, our safe was miraculously working again (we previously couldnt even turn the knob after more than 10 tries). If you want a place to stay with a peace of mind and you want an owner who is actually willing to help, give this villa a miss. There are many more with similar pricing and as great location. this is one villa to MISS.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Brenda L
omDawe, Owner at Arvina Villas, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
We are sorry we could not help you better.
Syarif wanted to call the police and not blame the staff directly. But as you did not want to make a report, what can we do?
And Syarif "owner" was in the villa to check the safe, and it was working fine.
We do have a copy of your passports and a copy of the report we have to give to immigration that you stayed here. These copy's are now available for anyone that request it.
The stolen things only come up after we confronted you with the noise you where making the night before, as we felt complied to enforce our rule policy no noise after 9pm which in our information in each villa
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

We only stayed two nights here, after travelling around the Island for a couple of weeks. We just wanted a couple of days relaxing at the end of our trip.

The villas are halfway down a gang, a little way from the main roads and traffic. I remember coming in a commenting on the fact that it was amazing how peaceful it was inside the villa with all the noise, hustle and bustle only 50 metres away. Once you walk into the entrance there are five villas, 4 of which doors open into the pool area. Two of these also have doors that lead directly out into the gang if you wished to avoid walking through the little complex.

The pool is a little larger than a plunge pool. You "can" swim up and down in it and it's reasonably deep. The area around the pool isn't that large, 3 beds were out while we were there and if you wanted to sit in the sun then a lot of shuffling around is required as the foliage is quite high and puts a lot of shade around the pool area.

The owner greeted us, is very talkative and cheery every time you meet him. Mainly though the place is caretakere’d by several young lads who mainly spend their time at the reception area either working out or watching TV (I don’t blame them, there’s little else for them to do, but it can be off putting). WiFi signal is pretty good throughout giving reasonable broadband speeds for Bali.

The location is in the thick of things for restaurants and shopping. It’s a bit of a hike to get to the beach (15-20 mins ish), but taxi’s run past at the top of the gang very regularly and cost very little to get there (20,000? IDR).

The villas themselves are done in a kind of contemporary, Japanese, open plan, outside living style. I can't speak for all the villas, but ours (I believe we stayed in the Superior Villa) was beautiful and really looked the part. Large Koi Carp pool with fountain in the main outside living area, and a second smaller one in the "outside" style shower/toilet.

Then why only 3 stars ... well the style of the villas for us was the actual downfall. They look great, but when it comes to practicality they are pretty bad. For starters; you can't really use the outside area after about 4pm otherwise you get bitten to hell by mosquitos. You also get bitten if you go to the toilet in the night. Sadly, in the two weeks I spent in Bali I got bitten the most the two days I spent here.

The worst for us was the noise. Not the noise from surrounding buildings, or even the road. None of this can really be heard. Because you are effectively sleeping outside (only a very light ill-fitting sliding Japanese style door separates you from the outside) you can be badly disturbed by any of the other villas. First night the people in the villa next to us (3 Australians) came back at 1am and sat in their outside area until 2am chatting and drinking - we could literally hear every word, they might as well have been sitting on the end of our bed. They left the next afternoon; but the time they were there they seemed to spill out from their room and treat the entire place as theirs; which is why I guess there's a lot of reviews saying "it's a home from home", but it's not nice for the rest of us who want a short quite break away from things.

The next morning we were treated by another room were jumping into and swimming in the pool at 6am. The pool is about 10 foot from your head as you sleep; it is hard not to be woken by anyone but the most considerate person using it.

Arvina Villas do have a welcome guide where in bold red it does say NO NOISE AFTER 9PM, but it seems that people don't take notice of it and the boy caretakers (who we did notice were friendly with the villa next to us) don't do anything about it to enforce it.

I’ll put my hands up and say that the two nights we stayed we could have been incredibly unlucky with the other guests at Arvina; however I am just writing up my experience as we saw it. I was disappointed with my stay at Arvina Villas and wouldn't go back, mainly because of other inconsiderate guests and you should be aware of this. It's a shame as there are definitely some positives about this place and the owner.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Stayed seven nights in a standard Villa. This was my third time I had stayed at Arvina Villas. It was just like coming Home! Good reception and room ready before time. Very comfortable and private. Great relaxed service given by the all male staff. The owner, Syarif, is very obliging to help Guests out.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Gavan H
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

We spent 5 nights here while travelling through Bali. The villa was clean and huge with great value for money. The location was great, far enough down a side alley to be quiet but still only a 2 minute walk from the main street in Seminyak. The only let down would have to be the shower, lacking a little pressure and sometimes the term hot water was a little loose but given the average temperatures in Seminyak this was not a major concren. The owner made us feel very welcome and was always ready with some assistance to navigate the streets of Bali. We would love to come back here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple