“Very Stylist”

Cocoon Restaurant Bar Beach Club
Ranked #81 of 527 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Description: Inspired by the idyllic surroundings of the famous Bali beaches and combined with Mediterranean flair, Cocoon offers a variety of dining options, pool side lounging, and a relaxed ambience. Whilst laying back on your personal daybed by our stunning pool, sipping on a perfectly blended Daquiri or Margarita, you can also indulge in our pool side grazing menu, offering a large range of delectable tapas dishes. Catering for Brunch, Lunch and Dinner in three distinct dining areas, Cocoon's menu's deliver a truly international cuisine with dishes fusing the best of Asian and modern European flavours and produce. Our menus are complemented with a wine list sourced globally plus a list of sublime cocktails. Whether it be brunch over looking the pool or a lazy long lunch or dinner under the stars there is a dining option to suit everyone. Our team of resident DJ's playing from midday till midnight every day guarantee great tunes for a relaxed afternoon poolside, sunset drinks and and gorgeous dinner ambience. While regular monthly day parties such as SPLASH and BOUNCE featuring international dj's take place from March through till October attracting large crowds of party goers from all over the world. Daily from 4pm to 7pm Cocoon's happy hour is a must with a selection of 2 for 1 cocktails and beers and complimentary canapés. Set on 3000 square meters of stunning beach side gardens, Cocoon Beach Club hosts a two levels of restaurant space, with the second floor being fully air conditioned and dedicated to year round weddings, private functions and corporate events. With a team of event planners on hand to ensure every element of your special day or evening runs smoothly and is beautifully delivered, plus an extensive array of food and beverage packages on offer.
Perth
“Very Stylist”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Only stayed here for one drink as it was raining and busy with a wedding, but the atmosphere was great and the drinks and staff spot on. A must do!

Visited May 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“Great night out!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A large group of 9 adults celebrated a friends birthday with cocktails and canapes at Cocoon and it was a great night had by all. We continually ordered cocktails and food with a few show stopping shots and the staff were more than attentive to every request and order. Great night had by all!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Corbo13
Perth, Australia
“Be careful what you choose”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

On the positive side. Nice setting, glimpses of the ocean, very good attentive smart staff. The kids milk shakes were the best ever. Service was very good, got our meals together, a rarity in Bali. On the down side. We thought we would treat ourselves to the taster menu, what a mistake, it was like one big chef experiment gone wrong. Me and my hubby are big foodies, seldom do we dislike restaurant food. There was an awful lot of effort gone into the presentation, the taste was just ok on half the dishes. My "medium rare" steak was still mooing when it reached my table, so rare I felt repulsed. The worst dish was the chocolate fondant, normally a favourite of mine. It was so sickly, way too runny and was presented with a warm sickly passion fruit sauce and strawberry sorbet also sickly, it was disgusting. Very disappointing, as it was supposed to be a treat. In summery the 2nd worst meal I have ever had in a restaurant in my adult years, I am 43 and eat out very often also one of the most expensive restaurants that I have eaten in, I have eaten in restaurants all over he world.

• Visited May 2013
morgana_reid, Public Relations Manager at Cocoon Restaurant Bar Beach Club, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the service our staff gave and our venue.
Regarding our tasting menu I am so sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it and very surprised as we have had such fantastic feedback from both customers and media reviews since adding the option to our menu.
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we take all feedback on board and work constantly to improve and add to our customers experience at Cocoon.
Perth, WA
“Great vibe, cocktails and beats!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We didn't eat here but came twice for drinks. The first time was around sunset and they had 2 for 1 cocktails until 7pm. we sat on these big sun lounges and took in the view. The place is amazing with great DJ mixes pumping out and a big swimming pool overlooking double 6 beach. A great place for people watching. The second time was on Friday and they had a retro party going. Again the DJ in full swing with a huge video screen over the pool. there were stilt dancers adding to the vibe. The prices were a bit higher later in the night, around $14 for cocktails.
A good place to sit for an hour or so!

Java, Indonesia
“It's going from ok to bad now”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Since Cocoon opened it's doors it was planned as an upmarket place. It never really worked though. There has been and there is some high level parties but other then these the club is pretty empty.
Food and drinks are expensive and worth the money. You pay for the setup what would get more points then anything else if it wasn't for the big building project on one side and a stinking drain on the other. On south winds you have to carry a mask around that area.
On several occasions me and my friends had headaches after parties and spirits in Cocoon. What let's me ask the question of what alcohol I got.
Lately Cocoon started to impose a 50000 Rupiah (5$) towel renting for the sunbeds and you should really use one as the mattresses are dirty and at times wet.
I looks to me as there was a good idea behind the whole project but now its just run down. Pity though.

1 Thank PatBintang
morgana_reid, Public Relations Manager at Cocoon Restaurant Bar Beach Club, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Firstly let me say I am glad you seem to enjoy our parties.
We take note of reviews and criticism and endeavour to constantly improve our customers experience.
In response to your points:
1. We do have a building project next door which will be complete in January 2014 and look forward to the fantastic edition of the Double-Six when complete.
2. Regarding the drain you mention, I am not sure where this is located but as we are all aware Bali is an emerging island and infrastructure is sometimes an issue.. this is something we are working on with local government to improve.
3. Regarding what alcohol we use I can 100% guarantee we only use authentic spirits and order only through suppliers that have all the relevant customs seals etc. A headache after a party is not unusual anywhere. It is usually called a hangover.
4. We do charge Rp50,000 towel rental, this is to cover production, laundering and the large amount of towels that go missing.
5. Our daybeds by the pool do indeed sometimes get wet, as we have a pool that people swim in and then lay on the beds by, this is obviously unavoidable unless we ban people from using our pool. We do also have seating available indoors that is not wet.
6. Our covers on all outdoor furniture are laundered daily and new covers are purchased at a minimum of every 6 months.
Again thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I hope i have been able to clarify some points for you.