“EXCELLENT STAY AT ZIVA VILLAS”
Review of Ziva Villas

Ziva Villas
Ranked #74 of 421 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Margaret River
“EXCELLENT STAY AT ZIVA VILLAS”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

My Husband and I stayed for 10 nights in total (broken up in the middle with a couple days in other spots around Bali.)I did a lot of research and chose Ziva based on the fact that it had a nice big clean pool, the bed and lounge looked comfortable and it was walking distance to Jalan Laksmana for food and shopping. Everything was perfect...The staff was super friendly and helpful. We asked for a large water dispenser and it arrived promptly, nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was nice and fresh, room service was great and quick when we didn’t want to leave. There was a small local shop two doors down for any necessities to top up the mini bar. The Villa was very comfortable and had all that you could ask for. The only thing that we thought they could have done with was a movable towel rail so that we could dry our pool, bath towels in the sun, then we wouldn’t have needed fresh towels every day (they change them twice a day). I would highly recommend Ziva villas. Thank you Ziva staff for our fantastic stay in Seminyak, we will definitely be back...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank iheartbangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kalgoorlie
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Wow this villa was much better than what we expected. Clean and spacious, excellent location, massive pool and to die for breakfast. We will be back :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shazandbruce
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I travel often to Bali and have stayed in many of the villas there. I liked Ziva very much. The modern design/glass box concept is interesting and the pool was very large. Outdoor bathroom is spacious, if a little slippery! Bed was very comfortable.

A few minor downsides. Layout is a little odd. Kitchenette is really just for staff to prepare breakfast and to eat it there. Outdoor seating area is not connected to the living pavilion, so it does not have that "hang around and relax at the villa" feel that some of the others have. Effectively, there is no outdoor living area, which I think is usually one of the best things about Bali villa holidays.

One minor staff gripe (although overall quite friendly). Used an iron and ironing board on Saturday night before a big night out. Got back to the villa at about 4:30 AM, only to be woken up at 07:30 AM on Sunday morning (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) asking if staff could come and get the iron. This, in my mind, is a MAJOR service failing. I'm afraid I let out a string of expletives and slammed the phone down. Not exactly graceful, but an 07:30 Sunday morning disruption by staff better be because the world is about to end, not to chase down an ironing board.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank m2010x
Port Hedland, Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2011

In a word - WOW. As a self-confessed, spoilt Gen Y-er with impossibly high standards, I was impressed.

We took a bit of a punt on this place, only being able to find 6 reviews on Trip Advisor, I would usually look for something with more of a 'repuatation', but the glowing reviews from travellers combined with photo's on the website just sold it to us. We also knew the location was great, very convenient, as we enjoyed exploring Seminyak on our last Bali trip (when we stayed in Legian).

From the moment we arrived we were impressed with the high standard of service from the friendly staff, the cleanliness, and the modern and tranquil setting. We found out the villa's are less than 1 year old, which explained their modern and luxurious feel. The staff were exceptional, very polite and eager to help with any request. They were more than happy to answer any questions we had, lend us movies, arrange transport and scooter hire at the drop of a hat, and even came down the street to translate for us at a local shop. The spaciousness of the villa was the best thing about it, it was HUGE. The pool was large, a real pool, not a little one like a lot of places that advertise to be 'pool villas'. The outdoor bathroom was fantastic, sheltered but open. It was very clean with great water pressure and modern amenities. Free Wi-Fi was fast and very convenient. Breakfast was cooked for us every morning, with our breakfast menu decided on the evening before. It was delicious and there was a great selection to choose from. In-villa spa treatments were available and the spa staff were fantastic also. This is something i am usually particularly picky about, especially hygiene (mani/pedi tools) and I was very impressed.

My partner and I usually aim to try new places each time we travel, however since we were unable to fault Ziva Villa we will making an exception and returning there next time. I have never written a review on here before but Ziva Villa was well worth the effort. I cannot speak highly enough of our experience there and would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing/romantic escape with all the trimmings.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ash_lmc
jakarta
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I had reserved a 3 bedroom villa in Ziva on 20th of January through my travel agent (Joe Travel in Bogor, Indonesia).
The travel agent had also email me a booking conformation to stay from 22 April to 24 April .
On 26th of February, my agent informed me that Ziva had refused to honour my reservation.
Apparently, Ziva had recently received another booking through the internet, which had a higher rate compared to the rate from my travel agent.
Since my villa's rate per night was lower, Ziva just cancelled my reservation.
I think that it was very irresponsible of Ziva to do this.
My friends and I was really looking forward to stay in Ziva.
Please be careful when booking with Ziva villa since it might cancel your reservation whenever they can get a higher rate somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
15 Thank cari_waktu
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stayed at Ziva in January of this year for 6 days. The villas are central to all that is Seminyak with a 2 minute walk to the best restaurants & shopping yet in a very quiet location. The villa is huge & modern & the pool is 3 times the size of other pool villas in the area. We didn't even leave some days as once you have had breakfast cooked for you in your villa it is the perfect setting to lay by the pool & order great room service for lunch. The villas are clean & have great WI FI + big TV & DVD player. Only one wardrobe which is in the outdoor bathroom but apart from that we loved it & will stay again. The staff were friendly & attentive yet very concerned with not invading your privacy. Highly recommend

• Stayed January 2011
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Ideal place for a family short trip and staffs are always ready to answer our enquiry. Housekeeping is tip top n they really help to make us feel coszy at all time, overall I would say Ziva villa is a nice n coszy place for short trip. Always remember to ask for insect repellent from the staffs.

• Stayed November 2010