Saraswati 3 during 19/3 until 29/3/12.
We were told during our airport pick up service that we were upgraded to this place, which is a couples retreat basically. 1 bedroom villas with private pool, outdoor shower, kitchenette etc.of which we were not disappointed. On arrival we were greated by the friendliest staff we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. All of them welcomed us with their traditional “susunan or sembah” greeting. (Palms pressed together under the chin whilst bowing) and gave us each a cold flannel and a nice cold non-alcoholic cocktail. Refreshment ahhh!
They then proceeded to help us with our luggage as they escorted us to our room #202.
Once inside the front door it was like “wow”!! What a beautiful amazing place. Our own private oasis in the tropics. The humidity is quite high for the uninitiated southern Australian, but the swimming pool fixes that......but that's another story.
Instantly we were given a tour and had everything explained to us by one of the young gentlemen staff who spoke quite good english. Some of the staff speak english better than others, but you can't complain about that, after all we are in their country not ours. Anyway, the pool is amazing & private (perfect for skinny dipping) and there are 2 LCD flat screen TV’s. 1 in the cold air conditioned bedroom with DVD player, and the other outside in the living room of which i connected my laptop via HDMI cable and had played my music and videos through whilst accessing the free WI-FI. The WI-FI was slow and somewhat unreliable at times, but for the most part worked ok as we were close to the main building. Not sure how you would go right down the back?
We had our complimentary 1 hr full body massage also, which was simply awesome. Those little Balinese girls have the strongest hands you’ll ever come across. Sheesh!
The restaurant food there is amazing and cheap too. We ate there most nights. We ate traditional Indonesian and Balinese food the whole time we were there. The buffet breakfast is amazing and changes daily. They have entertainment every 2nd night (a singer and keyboard player) and you can get up and have a sing if you like too (as i did). The free shuttle bus service is good for getting you in and out of town, but you need to book in advance. They provide mozzie coils each night for your living room and you can ask for more if you need them as we wanted one in the bathroom as well. That’s where most of the mozzies were anyway. There is a mozzie net around the bed that also keeps them out too. 4 bottles of spring water are provided daily for brushing your fangs and drinking, as the local water is only for washing, showers (keeping your mouth shut!) and toilets. Bintangs are 35000 rupiah but you’re better off drinking that, not brushing your teeth with it!! You’ll get them cheaper up the road on Jl. Kunti 1 just over Jl. Sunset Road at a shop called “Bali Deli”. A great little shopping centre/cafe/restaurant about 5-10 mins walk from the villa. Just mind the footpaths, or lack thereof and the dozens of motorbikes and cars.
We did the cooking class which was US $95 per couple, and they drive you into Denpasar to the big food market, let you choose your sweets for dessert, and they collect all the ingredients for making traditional Balinese style food. Once back in your own suite, you prepare and cook in your own kitchenette. There was a chef from the restaurant along with 2 assistants and we had a laugh exchanging jokes and talking like Borat etc while cooking up the tastiest amazing food we ever had, which we ate for lunch and dinner as there was quite a lot of it.
There is a pool filter pump that squirts water into the private villa pool via a statue with a hose like nozzle that can get a bit noisy if you are watching movies or listening to music outside, like we did a lot. So we just asked reception if they could switch it off, to which they did 5 minutes later which was much better. Then we were able to have the volume at a respectable level.
There are frogs that get around in and outside the villa as well as gecko’s which both make noises at times, especially the gecko’s. You can be sleeping in at the morning and hear the gecko’s make a bird like tweet sound. i didn’t mind that at all. Every 2nd night when there was a band (singer/keyboardist) playing, you would hear them if you were in the outside section of your villa. But it is not excessively loud. We stayed in suite 202 which is the 1st on the right hand side just opposite the restaurant and it was fine. If you come to Bali to complain about stuff, you are in the wrong frame of mind for a holiday, that's for sure! Overall, we had a lovely time and were treated like royalty the whole time we were there. The staff are amazing and bend over backwards to please you and the food is to die for. We highly recommend “The Bali Dream Suite Villas” for your next stay in Seminyak Bali. We would not hesitate in going back there for our stay. Cheers,
Paul & Taryn Allan of Adelaide, South Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in a secluded part of Seminyak, The Bali Dream Suite Villa welcomes you to a world of luxurious comfort and exclusive style Villa you have ever dreams of The luscious landscape and unmatched architecture is designed for unrivaled privacy. Featuring 12 units of One Bedroom Private Pool Villas, The Bali Dream Suite Villa is enriched with main swimming pool, restaurant, private lounge and completed with spa facilities that spoil you with the feeling of being in the most luxurious place in Seminyak. The villas themselves emit an intimate atmosphere with loads of characteristics. The decoration throughout the buildings is thought full and charming, a fusion of Balinese architecture and crafts with up-to date comfort. Each Villa is equipped with a private swimming pool, kitchenettes to do your own cooking or take a cooking seminar, semi indoor dining area, relaxing living area, private bathroom, Air Conditioning in room, a safe deposit box, IDD phone, LCD TV, CD & DVD player and Wifi internet connection. Lay your head down in paradise; sleep in late if you choose. Smell the fresh air produced by the gardens surrounding you before dipping your head in your private pool. Allow our staff to pamper your every desire. Or catch a free ride into town to enjoy the sights and sounds of modern Bali. Do as you please because when you stay at The Bali Dream Suite Villa you are royalty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Bali Dream Suite Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Dream Suite Villa Hotel Seminyak
- Bali Dream Suite Villa Seminyak