“Beautiful vill Nita”
other travelers have booked this property
Villa Nita and the pool area
Entry to the villa from the entry courtyard Lounge area overlooking the garden and pool
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Villa Nita and the pool area
Entry to the villa from the entry courtyard
Lounge area overlooking the garden and pool
Dining area to seat up to 8 guests
Television seating area
Modern fully equipped galley kitchen with gas stove.
A great spot to enjoy the sun at the end of the pool.
A spot to relax
Ensuite to bedroom 2
Main bathroom.
Bedroom three
Villa Nita by night
Walk down a leafy lane way to the front door.
Ground floor Plan
First Floor plan
Villa location map
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Claudiast...
Perth, Australia
“Beware for your safety if you stay at Villa Nita, the roof caught on fire”
Reviewed November 6, 2011 for a stay in October 2011

We had not been in Villa Nita 5 minutes, when the wiring which is exposed & on outside, short circuited with a firecracker sound and the roof caught on fire. I had just got in the pool to cool my 21mth old daughter & 4yr old son down while my husband unpacked. It was a humid day, so we just turned on all the air conditioners. Obviously the villa couldn't handle it, & the electrical blow out occurred. As the wiring sits exactly touching the thatch roof it caught fire fast & we had to act quickly. We ran out yelling fire & fortunately as it was the middle of the day some other Aussies & Balinese came to the rescue to help put out the fire. We waited in the alleyway, but within 1minute or less the smoke was too much for us, intoxicating so we had to move further down the alley. It was scary as hell how fast that smoke came, & if it was at night, I believe myself, my husband & our 2 small children would have likely died of smoke inhalation. That is why I felt compelled to write this review to warn others of the dangers of this villa due to it's bad electrical wiring.

The wiring is all exposed & touching the roof & this could happen again & again. I wouldn't stay in a villa like this if someone paid me as no holiday is worth your life. We promptly left & stayed in a resort which offers 24hr security so that if a fire occurs the hotel knows before you do. We promptly left this villa, & I was disappointed that nobody had mentioned this dangerous wiring method that Bali has everywhere & particularly in a thatch roof villa.

Back at our resort a small thatch roof stall had it's fridge have an electrical blowout & burn nearly to the ground. This was in front of our resort on the beach. The only reason the stall didn't completely burn down or spread to the next stall, was because our resort's security saw it in the middle of the night & put out the fire.

Villa Nita is a well priced ( cheaper vacation rental) over others because you get what you pay for. It's electrical wiring is messed up how it touches the roof & what happened to us could happen to you. You are risking your life staying at this villa.

Other bad points were: it had extremely steep stairs, as steep as a ladder leading up to the master suite for the parents. Real pain if you have little kids who can't climb ladders safely. Also the air conditioning turned on all at once seemed to struggle & is what may have triggered the electrical blow out that happened to us. Not good if air con can't be used as you need it especially in upstairs bedroom which is stinking hot without it. The on suite & only toilet downstairs, is outside. So unless you want to wear mosquito repellant all night, you'll get eaten every time you want to use the toilet. The main living area, again is in open air, so again, unless you love bathing in repellant, you'll be eaten my dangerous mosquitos.

Also the owner lives in Australia, & is rarely contactable by phone. There is no phone number on the website & a single housekeeper, iluh is the only contact. Fortunately I insisted on getting a phone number & lucky I did as our experienced driver got lost trying to find the villa as it is very poorly signed. We were in the car nearly 2 hrs when I had to go into a random internet cafe, on my email to find that phone number. We were given no good directions to get there, & I was starting to think the place didn't exist as Anita the owner asked for the entire balance of $ for our stay about 2wks before I stayed there, & I stupidly paid it. I thought I'd been cheated as our driver just could not find the villa.

Lastly the rubbish bin on our arrival stunk of food & had bits of food in the plastic bag inside it. It was disgusting as we felt we had somebody else's food scraps in our bin before we've even started to use the villa. And it also smelled the kitchen out.

In summary, after this experience, I would only stay in much more expensive villas, ask about the wiring, ask about security at night, ask what type if roof the villa has etc... Don't just judge a villa on it's price like I did, judge it on it's safety too!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: swimming pool
Liked least: dangerous wiring and steep stairs
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Nov 5, 2011
Dear Diana,

I feel it is necessary to correct a few of the facts that have appeared
in your review of our villa and add a few that you omitted . To begin with
the omissions, we immediately offered you alternative accommodation which
you refused, we immediately issued you with a full refund on your booking
and also provided complimentary transport to wherever you wanted to be
taken. You also omitted to mention your demand for additional financial
compensation from us which we refused to pay , I guess that’s why you wrote
this review !

And now to correct the facts, we most certainly did have a problem with a
large electrical surge from the mains supply, which was beyond our control,
the voltage regulator that is installed on an external wall of the villa
halted the surge and protected the villa as it is intended to do. Certainly
there was a large bang as the voltage regulator was hit and some smoke
however this cleared quickly and no further damage apart from minor singe
of the thatched roof occurred. The villa was up and running again after we
had completed all safety checks the next day.

Yes the mains supply cable entering the house is visible and exposed as is
the case in all houses even Australian ones. The electrics of this villa
and all our villas are checked on a very regular basis and whilst we take
every precaution to ensure our villas are completely safe sometimes things
such as this do occur and they are not within our control.

In regard to your comments regarding the staircase, bathrooms, air
conditioning and the open air living area, did you look at photos of the
villa before you booked it, obviously not, all the negative points ( in
your opinion ) that you have made about the villa are clearly visible in
the photos we post. Of the numerous guests that have stayed in our villa
and loved it, no one has complained about the stairs the open air living
area, the open bathroom ( the main bathroom is fully closed )and certainly
not the air conditioning which functions particularly well as all the units
are all brand new. As you stayed in the villa less than 30 minutes, I am
surprised that you feel able to make such judgements about it.

The villa is located down a small gang that is not a through fare, that’s
why everyone loves it as its so quiet. It is also why we issue detailed and
clear instructions to all our guests, the entry to the gang also right next
door to the biggest hotel on Jl Seminyak so its pretty hard to miss ! Hard
to hold us accountable for the actions of your taxi driver!

Your comment about not me not being contactable is incorrect, as you know
I spoke to you minutes after the incident with the power surge occurred.

In conclusion I encourage anyone reading this to read the rest of our
reviews and make a decision based on the majority of our reviews and not
just this one.

I will post this response to our Flipkey account as I see that despite our
objection, nothing was done to qualify the veracity of the review with us
and the review was simply posted into the public domain.

I would add that I am more than disappointed with the way in which we as
owners have been treated in regard to this matter, I am questioning if it
is wise marketing to use a website that allows unfiltered, unsubstantiated
reviews to impact our business. I am also quite shocked at how difficult it
has been, and how long it has taken to get some action from customer
support. I am still waiting for a reply to my email to Trip Advisor sent 10
days ago, the response that they will reply within 3 working days obviously
means nothing.

I will be interested to see if my response as an owner is posted as it has
been submitted to you, the irony would be complete if you edit my reply
whilst no such edit was applied to the reviewer !!

Regards,

Anita Woolrych.
Reviewed November 5, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Management Response
Nov 5, 2011
Hi Julie,
So pleased you had a great time, we would love to welcome you back to Villa Nita at any time.
Regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Traveling group: Family with young children
Jurluk
Sydney
“Excellent value, very central location”
Reviewed August 31, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

This is actually bigger than I expected - very comfortable and furnished beautifully, plenty of room for a family of four -six In fact it has inspired me to try someo f their touches at home. The pool though small, was perfect for my two children who were in and out all day. We've stayed in other villas where the pool was quite cold, but this one was very pleasant temperature, Kitchen was fully equipped (again a nice bonus), and there were plenty of beach towels and a good clothesline which is handy when travelling with children. Ketut (?) came to clean pool and garden 4 times in one week and he was lovely, as was the driver Johnie organised by the villa. Iluh the housekeeper was very pleasant, but a bit distracted maybe? She didn't turn up to do the daily cleaning on the days we had asked her to babysit(we of course paid her extra) - we just assumed she woukd do it while looking after the children but it wasn't done, so I'm not sure what was going on? And there was a mix up with the next people arriving which meant everyhing was a bit rushed when we left. It wasn't a big deal because we like to leave things pretty tidy but I guess if you are expecting someone there everyday it woukd be a bit irritating. Excellent wi-fi in the villa, and nice little library of books, DVD player etc .
Location wise you couldn't get more central in Seminyak - 5 minutes walk down Jl Double 6 to the beach, 3 minutes to Bintang supermarket, shops etc. The gang itself is very quiet though, so its lovely to come back after a morning at the beach and jump in the pool and cool off and then enjoy a book under the trees. Wish I was there now!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Airy villa with delightful pool
Liked least: mix up with leaving time
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 18, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Reviewed August 18, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing