“A Personal Favourite”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Every time we go to Seminyak we end up having a dinner at Ryoshi as the food is always fantastic and the atmosphere is excellent. The only thing is that we always seem to miss the night when the jazz is playing! You'd think we'd organize ourselves better but we usually eat on a whim rather than planned dining.

I have never had a bad meal here and the food is always fresh, delicious and well presented especially if you order the sushi which is served beautifully on block, wooden platters (my favourite is the 'kelapa' portion). My only gripe is that I love wasabi and sometimes they tend to skimp a bit......but usually if asking for more the staff are quick to comply.

We have tried a variety of dishes here and every meal has been outstanding, there has been nothing that puts us off returning. As is usually the case you might get something that just does not meet the preferences of the taste buds but it is good to experiment with different things and just avoid the things that just haven't been suitable next time.

If you enjoy a touch of alcohol then try the Japanese vodka drinks, they are delicious but quick to get you a bit intoxicated as they are huge serves!

We will always return to Ryoshi Seminyak.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

One of the best house bands Iv seen in all my travels. I dont know about the food here but the band plays some wicked tunes in their own style of soul, funk and jazz. You will not be disappointed and definitely not sitting down when the music starts. Best Indonesian band iv encountered in all my visits to this country.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Went here for a quick lunch while out shopping with my daughter. Very nice fresh sushi and refreshing ice teas. We also enjoyed the soft shell crab.
Restaurant was very busy and had to wait for an inside table due to rain. Customer service was prompt and efficient.

1  Thank dirrandandy2
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We travel to Bali every year. This was one of our favourite resteraunts , and we would eat here minimum 4 times a trip.
Had lunch there yesterday. Just us and one other guy outside watching the hustle bustle on the main strip.
After being showed a table, and waiting for 10 minutes for any attention, we finally got served, by a woman that just didn't want to be there. Wouldn't even look at us whilst serving and continued to stare somewhere in space down the street. We stated with a couple of Bintangs . Slow to arrive and warm. She finally after beckoning returned to take our order. Our drinks were near empty, no offer to see we would like a couple more. I beckoned her over again and got another Luke warm beer. The food arrived. I had ordered a Sashimi type Tuna dish, and it seemed like it stale, or rehashed or something, but terrible. I had 2 mouthfuls and left it. My partner had Tuna Sushi, and also thought it wasn't up to scratch. I beckon waitress over again at my partners completion, and asked she clear plates. I ordered something else, and she leaves behind what I clearly wasn't going to eat. As she delivers the new dishes, again she leaves the one I refused to eat. Anyway I'm sure you get the picture.
Rioshi , disappoint lay, is now well off our list, as there are plenty of better choices.

2  Thank Tony W
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Possibly mislead by TA reviews stopped for lunch. Service average. Food bland. We both gagged on the sticky rice. Price much higher than general Bali restaurants with higher quality.

1  Thank Mick H