“Japan in Bali!!”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
“Japan in Bali!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievably fresh, made to order. Some of the best sushi and sashimi to ever pass our lips. Freshly made goyza was to die for.

1 Thank Liiv

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went on the night of April 21, 2013 (with my Japanese fiance) after making a reservation. When we got there, we learned that the reservation was not at all required as the place was almost empty. I wondered why. Here are a couple of reasons to star with:
1) We had to ask for the menu after sitting for 10 minutes. No one even bothered to ask where we would like to be seated. The 1st visit by the waiter was with the menu.
2) The 2nd visit visit by the waiter to our table was when we asked for the bill.
To sum it up, service was CRAP.
As for the food, I have had better Japanese food in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh (Izumi), Thailand and Vietnam. Price was moderate, but if you took into account the food, it was NOT WORTH THE VISIT.
AVOID THIS LOUSY RESTAURANT AT ALL COSTS. IF I COULD CLICK ON "ZERO", I WOULD HAVE.

1 Thank WhatSucks
Melbourne, Australia
“Well priced, good food”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very good value, great food well priced - atmosphere very busy inside, prefer outside if you don't mind the heat. The Gyoza, Miso soup and Salmon were favorites, but pretty much everything ordered was delicious and fresh. They also have Jazz nights which is great, however we found the background music for a quiet lunch just as perfect. Service is great and food well priced. We loved it, went back 3 times before leaving Bali and they didn't disappoint once.

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

lovely food and my favourite STRAWBERRY SUNDEA that i have been craving ever since we left.. defiently recommend.

Visited April 2013
“Like the old days”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I knew Ryoshi since the old days when it was still a small cosy little japanese restaurant. Back then I thought the food was excellent, maybe from the fact that they were the only one in town! Even that time we thought Ryoshi was the best japanese restaurant I had ever known. The freshness of their food was nothing in compare to what I found in Singa land, so I always visited Ryoshi anytime I was back in the island of magic. The food is still good but I think because they are big now so the feeling was not the same anymore, perhaps if you ask to be seated at the old hall like I always try to have, you might still get the feeling of those old memory of Ryoshi. Now we have more choices of a good japanese restaurant to spoil our palate but a visit to Ryoshi is still on my list!

Visited November 2012