The location is perfect, on the beach, walking distance to both the centre of Seminyak & in the other direction from the hotel towards Kerobokan & even better restaurants.
Rooms were fantastic, although if we hadnt got the free upgrade from garden to ocean room I'm not sure we'd have felt so positive.
Rooms huge, excellent facilities - free ample bottled water, fruit, Wi fi & I pod docking station, not to mention the rainfall shower & roll top bath. Huge, extremely comfortable bed with much needed powerful air con.
The infinity pool was cool, not quite as cold as needed on some humid days, but the twice daily fruit kebabs, attention of the towel/pool attendant & fruit juice shots made up for the lack of a bracing dip (all complimentary, I've never known a hotel be so generous ). Views of the beach & surfers, not to mention the amazing sunsets meant the time passed far too quickly. The complimentary cocktail night on Thursday was another unexpected treat, again with that spectacular view.
Breakfast was high quality, the staff were lovely & for once real bean to cup coffee - a rarity for a hotel. Choice was ample, freshly prepared with everywhere absolutely spotlessly clean.
Hotel grounds were lush & tropical. It was very quiet when we went so sun beds available all day long & lots (and lots) of staff available at all times.
Here comes the one minor negative. Prices charged.
The hotel itself was reasonable, the cost of drinks, food & eg spa treatments or transport was not. It is not an exaggeration to say prices were 4 times that of high end establishments straight outside the hotel front door. (Including other top end venues, eg ku de Ta immediately next door).
This did not affect our enjoyment of the hotel & infact we'd return tomorrow, that's how minor we consider it. It is worth bearing in mind, especially if you plan to dine in the hotel as the options within the locality are extremely wide ranging & embarrassingly good value.
We had the most amazing 1 1/2 hr massage at 'jari menari' & 1 hr facial at bodyworks. These were two of the more expensive spas yet cost us the equivalent of say a pedicure in the uk, for both. Quite unbelievable.
We also hired a driver for the day via assistance from the security guard outside the hotel. Again the cost was embarrassingly low, immaculate vehicle, air con, perfect English & we spent 8 hours touring Ubud, Tanah Lot, rice terraces & all the surrounding places of interest. It was perfectly safe & in our opinion the best way to do a tour - we literally walked out of the hotel and the drivers were called across by the security guys from the parking lot opposite. Sounds risky / dodgy but would whole heartedly recommend.
Seminyak itself was a lovely place - full of spas, restaurants, temples, shops, great coffee and lovely lovely people. Kuta provides a huge contrast next door, just keep driving through and be pleased you opted for seminyak instead.
All in all, cracking hotel, first class accommodation & food, superb location, lovely staff & worth paying that bit extra for.
We went in April which was low season. It rained twice, both times overnight, temperature was perfect, town busy enough - I'd worry just how hectic the hotel & resort become at peak times as there aren't that many sunbeds....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seminyak is stylish beachfront resort that represents a new era in Bali's evolving hospitality industry. The property is all about tropical sophistication with a choice of elegantly appointed guest rooms, suites and villas designed to accommodate the needs of today's savvy travelers. Set within a charming landscape that encompasses native greenery, lily ponds and traditional thatched pavilions.The Seminyak is a modern retreat with distinct Balinese touches that provides a welcome escape from the outside world. A signature brand of hospitality together with heartfelt service promises a truly unrivaled experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seminyak Beach Resort And Spa
- The Seminyak Beach Hotel Seminyak
- The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Bali