We have just returned from 14 days at the Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa - we had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend.
We booked in the Beach Wing on the ground floor, which was the main building. This was a 1min walk to the pool/beach but close to the restaurant and handy for getting out onto the street (although very little traffic noise). We had seen reviews of the Garden Wing being across the road - we did see where this was located and, in our opinion, although across the road and slightly less convenient, it still seemed to be very pleasant and not as negative as some reviews had portrayed. It is a small road and only adds about 1min to your walk to the beach - so for one return trip per day is not a burden!
Our room was excellently appointed and spotlessly cleaned each day. The breakfast buffet had huge choice and was very pleasant - towards the end of the session the choice was slightly less, but that was to be expected. One hallmark of our stay was how universally pleasant the staff were - restaurant, bar, poolside. Everyone was exceptionally friendly, courteous, always saying hello. We remarked even on-site contractors like electricians were extremely friendly - a reflection of the Balinese people as a whole.
We only ate dinner in the restaurant on the day we arrived. The food was delicious and service was excellent, but was expensive compared with restaurants in the street. At first Bali can seem quite daunting when you step outside the hotel environs - but once you do, you realise there is a raft of extremely good restaurants within 15mins walk of the hotel. We ate somewhere different each night and did not have a single bad meal or experience in 2 weeks. The hotel is excellently located for local restaurants.
We were there at a quiet time, so had no issues with sun loungers. The pool staff are very good about finding you a space where people had left towels but not shown up! Pool side drinks and snacks were expensive compared with restaurants but still reasonable and cheap compared with UK prices.
The infinity pool was lovely - allowed you to stare out to see and watch people on the beach. We walked down to Kuta on one day, which took an hour (around 40mins and IDR50k by taxi otherwise).
For tech addicts, excellent free wifi throughout the hotel, including everywhere in the pool area!
Overall - beautiful hotel, wonderfully friendly staff, excellent location with great restaurants and shops nearby. We would definitely visit again and would highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seminyak is stylish beachfront resort that represents a new era in Bali's evolving hospitality industry. The property is all about tropical sophistication with a choice of elegantly appointed guest rooms, suites and villas designed to accommodate the needs of today's savvy travelers. Set within a charming landscape that encompasses native greenery, lily ponds and traditional thatched pavilions.The Seminyak is a modern retreat with distinct Balinese touches that provides a welcome escape from the outside world. A signature brand of hospitality together with heartfelt service promises a truly unrivaled experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seminyak Beach Resort And Spa
- The Seminyak Beach Hotel Seminyak
- The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Bali