We stayed at the Seminyak beach resort and Spa in October 2012, I have been at little lax in writing this review but felt I had too after reading a number of poor reviews for this facility. This could not be further from my wife and my own experience.
Firstly, the resort is well positioned on the beach at Seminyak and the view from the infinity pool is absolutely unsurpassed. The pool bar pool is separate from the main pool with both pools enjoying sufficient lounges and umbrellas. The pool bar pool also has a number of private cabanas for the perfect relaxing day. Service at the pool bar was excellent with friendly, prompt and professional staff. The drinks were slightly more expensive here tan outside the resort but you expect this in high end properties such as this one.
We were booked in the Garden wing on arrival, we had read all the reviews and were aware that this wing is over the road from the main complex and much quieter. The rooms in this wing however are appointed to the same high level as in the main hotel side, so if your budget is restricted you can make a considerable saving by staying in this wing. One point, the pool in this section is great, but the pool bar was only in operation for short periods of time while we were on this side of the resort
During our stay my wife became ill and the service and support provided by the staff again was unsurpassed. Reception organised a professional doctor who arrived with a nurse and assistant who was able to dispense immediately the required medication at a very reasonable cost.
After this I requested an upgrade to the beach side of the hotel, and a suite was available at a reasonable additional cost, this provided easier access to the main resort facilities. The suite room was very high end with great air conditioning, balcony and bathroom - there was some condensation from the air conditioning vents but this was the only very slight fault in the room. Rooms were clean and extremely well serviced.
After my wife's illness we ate in at the in house restaurant more frequently, breakfast was superb and freshly cooked options eggs, omelettes and pancakes were always available with a magnificent range of fresh fruit and buffet options. Coffee was excellent. The Spa facilities were among the best we have seen and used in a range of resorts. All staff provided excellent and professional service. We will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seminyak is stylish beachfront resort that represents a new era in Bali's evolving hospitality industry. The property is all about tropical sophistication with a choice of elegantly appointed guest rooms, suites and villas designed to accommodate the needs of today's savvy travelers. Set within a charming landscape that encompasses native greenery, lily ponds and traditional thatched pavilions.The Seminyak is a modern retreat with distinct Balinese touches that provides a welcome escape from the outside world. A signature brand of hospitality together with heartfelt service promises a truly unrivaled experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seminyak Beach Hotel Seminyak
- The Seminyak Beach Resort And Spa
- The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Bali