“Paradise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 142 Hotels in Seminyak
London, United Kingdom
“Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Well done Seminyak Beach Resort. You made my honeymoon what it was. Keep up the good work.

The breakfast was a delicious buffet, the staff were always always smiley and polite and the rooms were spacious and comfortable.

The wifi is not great though. It doesn't work very well in the bedroom but it does however work very well by the pool.

The location is perfect - right on the beach and near very nice restaurants.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I arrived to the hotel soooo tired and ready for my holiday and the staff recognized my exhaustion immediately and were attentive and prepared to assist me in getting to my room as soon as possible. I love their uniforms too (odd mention I know but the branding here was well done).

The room was perfect, comfortable and the sounds of crashing waves filled my ears from my room.

The spa was the best I have experienced to date for a beach resort. ALL the staff were pleasant, kind and attentive to my request for a treatment that would help me sleep and relax with the short time that I would stay there. OMG after I left the spa I had the toughest time staying awake. I immediately fell into my holiday ready to see and do it all after that!

ALL of my special requests were met professionally, eagerly with great presentation. Thank you to ALL the staff here for a great and relaxing mini holiday!! I hope to return soon. Great first Bali visit.

Room Tip: If you purchase one of those great ship kites you will have to have it wrapped and check it with you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'm not sure about the negative reviews on the hotel. You do get what you pay for and this place is worth a few extra dollars for 5 star surrounds!

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in October after staying here in May last year (back then it still was not competed). We still loved it and would go back again when we are next in Bali.

The rooms are great (beach wing) - clean and modern. We had a great room with a view of the ocean, manicured gardens and pool area.

Besides the hotel now being complete, the only real difference from the last time we stayed is the breakfast. It is now buffet rather than a la carte. Breakfast has a good variety of foods and there is an egg and pancake station.

I agree with some of the expensive comments, but only in regards to the drinks. Sure, the drinks at the bar near the pool can be expensive for Bali standards, but its a hotel, so if you want cheap drinks you need to go outside! Having said this, it is a lovely spot to watch the sun set without too much distraction.

The pool is definitely the highlight of the hotel... Just beautiful! Also, there doesn't seem to be too many kids if this is what you are after.

Finally, the staff are friendly and helpful. We can't wait to come back for a third visit.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank StolZara
Willunga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

This property ticked all the boxes for us. We have stayed in many places in Bali - in Villas and hotels in the Nusa Dua, Legian and Seminyak areas. Seminyak has the best beach and is close to good shopping and restaurants so The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa is perfectly positioned. The staff are well informed, attentive, polite and helpful. The breakfast was by far the best breakfast we have ever had in a hotel. A change every day made to the hot food choices - seafood one day, chicken the next and vegetarians are well catered for. The room we had was very close to the beach and the pool areas. It was large and very modern (although a little dark in the entrance where the cupboards and drawers were located). The bed was a luxurious king size and built for comfort. However, the highlight of this hotel were the pools. Both were built as close to the beach as were possible, they are long enough to lap swim and have the infinity pool edging. There is a separate pool surrounded by gazebo type day beds which you could secure an afternoon read and snooze which also included a swim up bar for those who like that. All in all, I would highly recommend a stay at The Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa to anyone - and indulge yourself in a treatment at the spa - it is well worth it.

Room Tip: I took the advice of others on Trip Advisor and requested a beachside room. Room 3120 was perfect...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Mb
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

As you can probably see from other reviews, this place is a ripoff. I have stayed at over 20 hotels in Bali, and I would never go back to this place. It is well located in Seminyak, however, my stay was filled with problems: 1. I booked 2 rooms on Expedia. Showed up and they only had a reservation for one. After e-mailing the confirmation to the hotel manager upon their request, they sorted the second reservation, but told me we could not check-in until 6PM (posted check-in time is at 2). I told them this was unacceptable. They went away and came back to say that although we had booked garden view rooms, ocean view rooms were available and tried to upsell me for $50 more per room. I told them that that was unacceptable as I was not paying more due to their error. They went away again and came back offering a single hospitality suite to bridge the gap, which I had to ask my colleague to leave so I could shower up and change, after which I did the same for him. 2. After dealing with the inconvenience of moving from the hospitality room to our rooms, and waiting a very long time for our luggage, we checked-in only to find that the garden rooms were across a busy street from the main resort. This was very inconvenient and quite second-class as the beach and nice pools are in the main hotel area on the other side of the street. 3. After a decent sleep in a nice bed and decent room, I tried to have a bath and then a shower, which after 20 minutes of trying produced no hot water at all. When I met my colleague to go to the gym, he reported the same problem. 4. The gym itself is a closet, with hardly any equipment (one treadmill). The treadmill was not turned on and there was no attendant in the gym, and after 2 minutes of trying, I finally got the treadmill to power up. When I was about to get on and use it, I realized that the seat from the weight machine was one finger width from the edge of the treadmill. This would either have had me kicking anyone using the weight machine directly in the back of the head, or likely seriously injuring me if I ran anywhere near the back end of the belt. 5. When I spoke to the hotel manager and raised these issues, the best he would do for me was cover our breakfasts, but did not take off the price of one of the rooms like I asked. When I informed him that I was moving to a different hotel, he also offered to provide us with free transport and did apologize, however, although he and all staff we encountered were extremely gracious and friendly, they were not empowered to fix the numerous problems we encountered at this property in any acceptable fashion. There are WAY better places to stay in Bali than this hotel, and at the price, it is completely unacceptable for what you get and the issues you will likely encounter. You could easily find a well situated villa in the area that would be a far better value.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. For the money, the rooms should be far better, and the service should be impec...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank MarkMandzik
Tweed Heads, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights for my birthday and really enjoyed the experience. I'm so pleased I booked the Deluxe Oceanview Room, based on other reviews it was definitely worth paying a little extra for it. Our room was beautiful with a great view of the ocean, tropical garden and pool. Beautiful bathroom with amazing bath and good amenities. No need to bring your hairdryer, toothbrush & paste, shampoo & conditioner, nor mositurizer... all provided and all great quality (and I'm a fussy traveller!). Comfortable bed, good pillows too. Buffet breakfast was really good and lots of choice. You definitely need to ensure breakfast is included when booking. The only downside was the average tasting plunger coffee, I didn't realise I could have ordered a latte or flat white (complimentary) until the last day! Also waited forever for my poached eggs to arrive. They need some pre-cooked poached or scrambled eggs on the buffet. Wait staff were attentive and often too attentive forever collecting our plates when we just wanted quiet and privacy. Overall we really enjoyed our stay. Beautiful pools and more spectacular looking then the nearby Samaya, Oberoi, and The Legian Hotels. I would stay again. For this stay it was just my husband and I but I know my children would love the pools and easy walk to the beach and shops.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank AGL2309
Byron Bay
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This Hotel is grossly overpriced for what it offers. We checked in to be told there were no rooms available with a king bed. When I stood firm on not accepting anything less, one materialised within10 minutes.

The hotel is in a great location as it is right on the beach that is if you pay for a beach room as garden rooms are across the road. Not much else lives up to the 5 stars that it is claiming. There are far better hotels in Bali for the price.

Room are large but dark and woodwork is bashed around, it claims to be a new hotel but there is nothing new about it. Breakfast is good but service needs to be improved there is far too much hovering waiting for you to finish your last bite and then pouncing to remove your plate.

Pool are is OK, although the statues are a bit dated.

What was most frustrating is that at 7am each and every morning garden staff were outside our window with their noisy rakes scratching the paths, which woke us up like clockwork.

Room Tip: Don't go for a garden room you are across a road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business