The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The Oberoi Bali(Seminyak)
$326
$289
Orbitz.com
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$179
Hotels.com
$251
$206
2,247 results
All reviewsinfinity poolgarden wingthe main hotelseminyak beachocean viewour honeymoonswim up baramazing hotelan upgradepotato headmain poolwatch the sunsetbuffet breakfastturn down servicerestaurants and shopsbalikudeta
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Upon arrival we were welcomed with a lei of fresh frangipinis.
We stayed accross the road from the main hotel in the garden rooms with the option of a pool outside.
The room was luxurious, with a stunning bathroom & beautiful balinese furniture & touches throughout the room. Turn down service was great, even laying our frangipini leis in heart shapes on our pillows!
The bed & pillows were comfortable, lighting a bit dim especially when trying to find something in your luggage at night, apart from that beautiful room.

The security guards were great, would stop traffic when we wanted to cross to the hotel.
Our first night we had a seafood buffet dinner, beautiful setting overlooking the beach. They had a 3 peice band which added to the atmosphere was great.
The staff gave amazing service the food was fresh & delicious.

The main pool overlooks the stunning beach, lots of loungers & staff available if you need a towell or want to order food or drink.. the view at sunset is just amazing.
(it looks exactly like the pictures on their website!)

Breakfast was amazing, great range of food for every taste.
The service each day from everyone who worked in the resort was lovely & genuine except for our last encounter, the lady upon checkout.

Before checking out we phoned reception & asked for a statement for our bill. Upon checkout she showed us a different bill charged for 3 drinks we didn't consume. She was quite rude when we were explaining to her that we had placed their drinks along the outside (as we stored our own juice & water in the fridge) & maybe housekeeping did not see this? It was quite confusing as we had just been given a bill that didnt include the so called drinks.
We were persistent in saying we werent going to pay for something we didnt consume, she phoned house keeping & then it was scrapped off the bill.
The way she spoke to us was very rude & was a dissapointing exit after such a faultless stay.

The beach was nice, white sand, (compared to Legian where we also stayed), not hassled as much, not as much beach sellers.

Taxis are everywhere, choose bluebird, they have metres & are really cheap.
Seminyak square was 2 min drive from the resort, lots of restaurants, markets & a mini supermarket down the end which has everyhting you need, above this is a restaurant called VIAVO which had beautiful food & reasonable prices, beautiful view at night.

Great shopping (night shopping too) & restaurants 5 mins taxi ride..

Definately take a trip to Carrefore (sunset rd), its in a 3 story shopping complex which has a range of shops, a food court & the carrefore which is a supermarket, clothing store & house appliances store all in one! There is also a chemist by the carrefore.

I dont recommend this resort for families with small children as it doesnt have a kids club & the pool is more of an adults pool.
This resort is a 5 star beautiful stay, great for couples you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: The garden rooms were accross the road but extremly quiet equalling a peaceful sleep each night but still the sound of the waves in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda S
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Spent the last two nights of our honeymoon here and have to say they made it a memorable ending! The staff are so nice, the service attentive and genuine. Breakfast has EVERYTHING. They think of everything you could ever want, and are one step ahead.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I'm indonesian who already spent most of my years in the US. So I spoke Indonesian well. I stayed 15days in bali, and spent 3 nights in this hotel, after my stay at W. The hotel was actually nice with the beach access. Down to earth and simple concept. My only concern is actually with the hotel staffs.

The pool was actually too small to accommodate their guests. They served ice water. But I prefer a clean bottled mineral water like any other 5 star resort. The room was almost nothing to be complained, the water heater work well, just the fridge was not cold enough. The bed was comfortable and the linen are fine. Turn down service is there, house keeping very polite, but I face some issues while I was there.

I was visiting one of the boutique there, when I need to call my husband in our room to come and check on the dress I'm trying, I asked the boutique staff to help me call our room, he didn't pick up, then I called the hotel operator, speaking in Indonesian asked her to call my husband mobile, and before I told her to bill it to my room, the operator shouted me "Do you know it's expensive to call out? Are you stupid or what?" I was shocked and stunned for a few second before I tell her in english, "I'm one of the guest from room 101x." Then she said rudely "apa lagi sok sok jadi tamu" (what now, acting that you're guests?) then she hung off. I told the boutique staff, then they were the one apologize to me. I just wonder if this is how they treat each other in this hotel.

And the spa, it was beautiful, so beautiful I really want to get close and see if it's a wallpaper or it's a painting, and when my fingers almost touch the wall, the spa reception said "please don't touch it!" I asked her "why?" She didn't answer me, she just walk away to show me the spa room. She showed her rude proud face and I canceled the spa straight away. She don't deserve my money, she was so young and rude.

There is a day, I was sitting in front of the reception, waited for my husband asking for some information. I overheard a lady being scolded and screamed out of no reason by the female reception and it really catches my attention when the lady talked back and said "can't you speak nicely? I only asked you a thing" And then the other male staff, told her "what is wrong with you? Why can't you speak nicely?"

And it's really shameful to see a lady reception in a public area screaming to others, in front a lot of guests. I wonder, if they go for a training? and this lady reception don't even worth the job.
I like the resort, it was nice and down to earth. But I'm not coming back, because I'm Indonesian, and I was treated differently here just because I hold Indonesian passport.

I bet the owner who are probably expat need to learn how to train their staff to be more respectful to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luciana m
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Seminyak, for the second time, in July, and once again we had a wonderful time. We stayed in one of the beautiful suites on the third floor and had amazing views of the sea and the gorgeous sunsets each night. Breakfast was everything we wanted, and the staff that served us each morning were very professional and very friendly, always a happy smile.
Unfortunately due to an illness of a close relative back at home we had to cut our holiday short, and we can't thank the staff enough for your concern and helpfulness. Thank you so much Mr Dwi and all of the front desk staff for your compassion and friendship.
We look forward to seeing you all again in October!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenV97
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Really good location, its next to kudeta and within walking distance to shopping area in seminyak. Also there are a lot of nice restaurant around. The hotel it self is very comfy with a nice beach view. Easy access to beach and a nice pool. The staff is super friendly and attentive. Its a really great experience. We stayed at the suite and there is also free wifi. The breakfast buffet is also very delicious, especially its pancake. thumbs up! prob the best hotel i ever stayed at. Too comfortable, i just want to stay at the hotel all day long.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends