“Absolutely Stunning - WOW!”

Review of Villa Aliya Bali

Master bedroom 1 - King bed
Intimate dinner by the Pool
Lunch by the pool
Sweet rambutan
Your special day at the villa
Tropical fruits
Breakfast for 3
Balinese offering - craft for kids
Balinese dancers
Stairway
Outdoor dining
Celebratory dinner
Balinese orchestra
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
serialhol...
Melbourne, Australia
“Absolutely Stunning - WOW!”
Reviewed September 26, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

We had a divine five nights at Villa Aliya in September. It was our first trip to Bali and after 10 nights in a resort in Sth Kuta, we were looking forward to some luxury at the end of our holiday.

Let me start by saying that the Villa itself is gorgeous! Everything has been thought of, and you will want for nothing. The staff (Manik and boys) could not do enough for us, including one of the boys going to buy my young boys a soccer ball!!!!! The staff would partake in our afternoon game of soccer on the large lawn out the back.

We didn't really eat meals at the Villa, choosing instead to wander into Seminyak to try the various restaurants. You MUST eat at Rumours in Seminyak - great value and loads of fun! We did eat dinner at the Villa on one occasion and it was nice. The breakfasts were lovely and included everything you could want.

Having now holidayed at both a large resort and the Villa (we in fact paid more for five nights at the Villa than we did for 10 nights at the resort), I don't think I would holiday at the Villa again. Despite its luxury, it was a little "quiet" for our family. I think it would be more suited to honeymooners.

There is only one downside to this Villa - the wild cats! I appreciate that the Villa is entirely open air, and that the staff can't stop the cats getting in, but both my son and I are allergic to cats and it was not pleasant. Unfortunately the cats had kittens at the time of our stay, and the kittens howled all night, making it difficult to sleep. It was also a hassle to keep ensuring that the children had closed all doors during the days so the cats didn't wander into their rooms. I must say though the staff did everything possible to try and keep the cats away, but there were clearly too many to deal with! I feel that if you are paying top dollar for a holiday rental, you should not have to put up with wild cats!

All in all our stay the Villa was lovely and the staff should be commended on their professionalism and hospitality.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The property and staff
Liked least: The wild cats
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Traveling group: Friends
melbourne
Reviewed September 10, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34

Reviewed August 27, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Your age range 45-54
Reviewed August 12, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Reviewed August 11, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing