“Best breaky ever!! Just like Chapel Street, Melbourne brunch spots”
Review of Sea Circus

Sea Circus
Ranked #54 of 510 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe, Asian, Australian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cocktail Bar & Coffee Den
Melbourne, Australia
“Best breaky ever!! Just like Chapel Street, Melbourne brunch spots”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were well and truly over the buffet breakfast served in Bali and on our second last morning thought we would try this place as suggested by a friend! Didn't disappoint! Ordered the smashed avo on toast with poached eggs and side of mushrooms with feta! Spot on to the funky brunch spots we have back home - my partner and I loved it! The décor is funky and fresh, atmosphere is nice and relaxed! Sooooo cheap and there is free wifi :) I would definitely go again!

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Worst dining experience I've ever had”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I tried to go to Sea Circus on 30th December, my partner and I arrived there at around 10.25pm however the waitress told us she wouldn't serve us because the kitchen closes at 10.30pm. Very tedious, and I can't imagine many other restaurants would turn people away when they're not yet closed but we understood. We returned on the 1st Jan for quite possibly the worst meal we have ever had. From the loutish people that were in there to the food, there is nothing to rave about when it comes to this restaurant. We initially were tempted to leave because of people drunkenly screaming across the restaurant to one another instead of talking. However we decided to give it a go and experienced the slowest service imaginable.

Our starters took 35 minutes and we waited an hour and a half for our mains. Whilst we were there two different tables left because they weren't even served. The same people who were there when we got there were still sitting and eating, which gives an idea of just how slow the service was. Knowing that the kitchen closes at 10.30pm and staff are so eager to shut on the dot, I asked the waitress what the situation was with us wanting to order more food past 10.30pm in the event that we wanted to order more or if we wanted to order dessert. She said that we would have to order at around 10.15pm and our desserts would come out with the mains, very bizarre given that it was their fault that we were having to eat so late. The place is so poorly managed that staff seem to want to shut asap rather than ensure appropriate customer service. We tried to order 7 different things from the menu and were continuously told it was all out of stock. Another new experience given that I've never experienced this anywhere else before...it's a restaurant it's meant to have food in stock, not particularly smart when it comes to stocking up..

The guacamole is like mushed peas and tasted of water I have never had watered-down, diluted guacamole anywhere else in my life. The grilled fish tacos weren't cooked properly and have given us food poisoning. We continuously asked the waitress when our food would be ready after an hour and a half wait for the most bland and basic tacos I've ever eaten. They clearly weren't cooked and the taco was served as a soft shell taco containing cabbage and one piece of grilled fish. Absolutely ridiculous.

Management clearly isn't being attentive and as a result their staff have no clue. Sea Circus is even losing custom with customers walking out as a result of such poor service. Thanks for an absolutely atrocious dining experience with inept service and a chef that takes an hour and a half to grill a piece of fish. I'm sure with a combination like that many others will be subjected to food poisoning at Sea Circus. For anyone that wants decent guacamole that does not look like baby food and real tacos, I thoroughly recommend Taco Beach in Seminyak and would steer clear of Sea Circus when there are half a dozen better Mex restaurants nearby.

“Not what we expected”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I am sorry to write a bad review, maybe we just ordered the wrong dishes. My gf and I went to this restaurant about a week ago, the staff was friendly the ambience is nice, the service was nice, it was just the food which wasnt up to a 4.5 stars review on trip advisor.

We ordered spicy prawns and a set of two tacos (prawns and pork), the food was plainly ok(being kind) and the portions were really small after that we didnt feel like ordering any more food with just a mango juice and a diet coke the bill went up to 260k rupias which was way too high for what we eat.

Broadbeach, Australia
“Great Location and Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were in Bali over the New Year break and was recommended this restaurant. Great food great location you must go and try it.

Brisbane, Australia
“A relaxing place to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I went there twice and loved the drinks and light meals. The pimms cocktail was my favorite and the peanut ice cream. Such a lovely spot and great staff. I will be back and would recommend to someone looking for a casual meal/snack and a few drinks. Thank you Sea Circus.

• Visited December 2013