“Beautiful villa”
Review of Astana Kunti

Astana Kunti
Ranked #23 of 116 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 7, 2011

People complaining about the location- please shutup go to a hotel in kuta if you don't like it! We stayed at Astana kunti for 5 nights and loved it we went to kuta every night and had dinner, reception staff organised a scooter for us when we requested one.

The private pool was amazing, outdoor shower was cool, huge bathtub and a really really comfy huge bed! Indonesian breakfast with watermelon juice was the best!!

Had a nice massage which was included in our package, staff were amazing and would do anything for you and were very helpful.

Absolutely loved these villas, would definetely recommend to anyone! I will be going back for sure!!

• Stayed: October 2010
There are newer reviews for Astana Kunti

Reviewed February 14, 2011

The hotel is very pleasant and quiet. Rooms were great, comfortable though we had a reoccurring ant problem.

They told us it was near the beach when we spoke to them yet found out its about a 10 minute taxi ride.

Theres no 7/11 or decent food places within walking distance and seems like it is very undeveloped. The astana was on a dirt road with other hotels being built around it but everything else was residential balinese people.

Wouldnt stay again, wasn't worth the money or travel to and from things

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I've just returned from a 3 nights stay at Astana Kunti and I must say it exceeds me expectation. Before I go, I am quite worried about the distance of the villa from the town. Though it is located slightly away from Seminyak and Kuta, it is easy to travel in and out via a taxi (short drive from Kuta). Try to bring along a namecard of the Villa and the taxi driver will be able to find his way. I loved the quietness and laid back of the villa. Just in front of the villa, there is a paddy field. The villa has a nice pool and resting lounge. It was pretty windy while we are there. The villa is very clean and I have a real good night's sleep.

The staff are exceptional friendly and will try to accomodate to your requests. The staff will also try to recommend nice places in Bali to you. I love the seafood dinner in Jimbaran that they recommended.

There is a spa about 5 mins walk from the villa. The prices are quite cheap and services are good too.

This is a modern villa and not Balinese type. Therefore, I would probably look for a Balinese villa on my next visit to Bali. Overall, I loved the stay at Astana Kunti and would recommend others to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We loved this hotel. We got an excellent rate and decided to stay and extra three nights making five nights in total.

The rooms are really nice and we appreciated having a kitchenette area and sofa having been on the road for several months. We used the inhouse DVD and room service and evertyhing worked perfectly.

The staff were really helpful and gave us a free transfer to the airport.

The only hitch is that road access isn't too good but once you are there you can just relax, lie by the small but refreshing pool or chill out in your room.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2011

The more I travel, the harder it gets to write a property review. Simply put you become a little more discerning ( or a fussy traveller maybe?). The Astana Kunti has the makings of a five star villa, however some things, which may I add are directly out of their control, let it down.

Reviews completed before mine go on about its location and I would have to agree that this is a problem for a couple of reasons. Its a 10 minute cab ride to the heart of the restaurant district of Seminyak, which is ok, considering it costs around $2AUD each way, however its nearly close to impossible to walk to and from the property without rolling your ankle or falling down a pot hole and I wouldn't event consider walking it at night. The property is located at the end of its street - a very nice word considering it is a pot hole ridden 4WD experience. The road is not sealed and after heavy rain becomes almost un-navigable. We had a few cabbies who were quite frustrated as their small vehicles bottomed out on the road nearly taking the undercarriage out.

Considering this is a new property, I was a little amazed at how tired the villa already started looking. I understand its hard to maintain paint work in a humid environment, however what I cannot understand is why they chose to paint the villas a brilliant white in the tropics? I suppose they'll be repainting on a frequent basis. The only other issue was with the pool tiles. The last villa i stayed in in Asia had the same problem. The pool tiles were not that clean. Again, being the major selling point, a little more attention to detail would not have gone astray.

The property itself is charming and well laid out. Our two bedroom villa, which was at the end of the property felt quite secluded and once inside was our own little oasis. The villa itself fits four adults very comfortably and the pool, which was large, was fantastic. The rooms which open directly onto the pool are located on either side. I must say that I had the most amazing sleeps. The bed is super comfortable, linen is fresh and the pillows just moulded perfectly to your neck and head. The rooms have both air conditioning and a ceiling fan so your guaranteed a great nights sleep. The bathroom is large and spacious and the outdoor shower was great.. The living area, again facing the pool and rooms sits four comfortably and has a ceiling fan to cool you down. I love the fact that you could sit there of an evening and watch the spectacular storms come through.

Breakfast was a little disappointing and by the end of the trip were only ordering cereal. In terms of service and presentation it was fine, however by the time it was served, the toast was cold and soggy, the eggs even colder and very little of it. As for the coffee, does anyone really drink Nescafe anymore except in emergencies? - I would of even settled for drip coffee. If breakfast is an important inclusion for you, then either negotiate a rate without it, or go down the road to Bali Deli.

A great addition to the rate was the comp mini bar on the first night and the free WiFi. Wifi connection was ok however it had the tendency to either drop out, not work at all or be super fast. Again being picky. Turn down service and spraying of the rooms for bugs at night was great and they even lit a mosquito coil each night whilst we hung out.

The properties staff are excellent, speak English perfectly and will always try and accommodate your needs. They even ordered pizzas in for us one night! If the properties car was available, they would shuttle us to Seminyak or Kuta without hesitation as well. A big thumbs up for their generous hospitality and huge smiles.

Recommended however with a little further attention to detail I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Peter S
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment & was immediately impressed with the size of the room, the high standard of fixtures & fittings + the cleanliness. Easily the most modern & fresh hotel I have stayed in for many years in this price bracket. After going down a dirt road I was concerned but from the moment you arrive everything is great. The staff were amazing especially Pippit on reception. The villas were not finished when we were there but I want to go back & try them out. It was quiet, not too far from everything (Bali Deli 5 minute walk) & the rooms have everything you need. I will be back again

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Balirani2006
Reviewed December 7, 2010

The location of this guest house/hotel is superb, as it isn't in the middle of the traffic jams and hustle of Seminyak. It is at the end of a small road surrounded by paddy fields, an amazing view to wake up to. We caught a few taxis to and from the Astana as it is a bit of a walk to town, but they are so cheap and plentiful it didn't matter! There are two small taxi ranks between Astana and the main road, otherwise the hotel staff are more than willing to phone a taxi.

The room was huge, compared with most others of the same price range in SE Asia. It was clean with a kitchenette, seating area, balcony and large vanity area. The garden shower was a real bonus! The room was airy and bright with a few weloming touches - slippers and kimonos too!

The breakfasts were great, especially the omelette and scambled eggs. You can even choose where to have your breaky - in room or in the beautifully decorated outdoor seating area. We were informed that the hotel kitchen was closed for daytime & evening service as they are fairly new and were in the process of starting up a restaurants for evening meals.

The staff were great, friendly and welcoming to the end. We even stayed two extra nights and they gave us the discounted internet rate we'd originally booked with. The pool is cool too. Especially the huge covered day bed - a good spot for a dip and an afternoon G&T!

This was our first trip to Bali and the Astana was a great base for exploring the island. Kuta and Seminyak towns were really busy and noisy with traffic. The Astana gave us the opportunity to leave all this hustle and bustle behind at night for a peaceful sleep!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mlinaqetu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Astana Seminyak Villas
#7 of 116 in Seminyak
The Tukad Villa
The Tukad Villa
#81 of 421 in Seminyak

Been to Astana Kunti? Share your experiences!