Astana Kunti - what a find! A hotel consisting of a number of large modern suites within a u-shaped two storey complex, and gorgeous single storey villas located behind.
My large suite was located on the ground floor, with large glass doors opening on to a deck with 2 chairs, adjacent to the lovely, well-used beautifully clean swimming pool. Sweet smelling frangipani trees framed the view of the pool within the landscaped garden, it was just gorgeous. My room was decorated in modern Bali style, and there was a large very comfortable 3 seater couch with matching coffee table, a desk and chair, and a massive, superbly comfortable bed. To my surprise there was even a kitchen, with cooktop, microwave, large fridge, complete with cooking utensils and pots and pans. There's a CD player, in-room safe, and large wardrobe. The air-conditioner was quiet and very efficient. With so many channels on the large screen television, I was able to flick from one movie to another! I was even able to watch the Aussie Rules AFL semi-final on the Australian channel!!
White louvre double doors separate the bedroom from the beautiful clean bathroom which has a large shower. The water pressure was excellent, and the water was soft and hot. Once inside my room, I didn't hear any other noise at all from other guests (and the hotel was fully booked on several days), and felt safe and secure....in peace and quiet.
Breakfast could be served in-room, or in the communal lounge area. There is a good selection which should cover most tastes. I chose a different one each morning, and enjoyed them all!
I managed to sneak a peak in one of the villas. Wow! It had one bedroom, bathroom, a kitchen, and it's own swimming pool. It was beautiful. But having said that, I was more than happy with my suite.
This property doesn't have a restaurant as such, but breakfast is prepared on-site in a large kitchen area, and a good selection of lunch and dinner meals can be ordered via room service.
I ordered breakfast for 7.30am each morning, and it was delivered with a smile and friendly greeting on time at exactly 7.30 every morning. The tea was hot, the food was hot, the juice was cold. Perfect, thank you.
I spent several peaceful hours reading in the Bali hut and in the lounge.
The hotel advertises afternoon/evening beer specials, and can put on a BBQ for groups.
The hotel is located in what is still a quiet, scenic residential area, just a 10 minute walk from the rat-race of Seminyak. I found it a most pleasant, easy walk, past some small rice fields complete with tethered cows, a few up-market boutiques and spas, and a mini supermarket. Others might choose to take one of the free hotel bicycles, or perhaps a taxi. The hotel provides a shuttle, but it is essential to check its availability and what time it can take you in to the Seminyak/Legian areas. As with most hotels in Bali, it is a one way trip, which suits most people.
I spent 5 nights at Astana Kunti, and could have easily stayed longer. It has a lovely ambience to it. It is modern, clean, well-maintained, and provides something for everyone.
It is a unique property which I am sure will not disappoint. I was most impressed. The staff are ever so friendly, fun, efficient, and helpful. They couldn't do enough to ensure my holiday was perfect...and it was.
Before booking, check their website, as I am told they have excellent specials offering the best rates with all sorts of inclusions when booking direct.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located down a remote passageway in the sophisticated Seminyak, the upscale and classy part of Bali, partly surrounded by rice paddy field beyond the banana cluster and designed with modern minimalist style and assembled around community pool and tropical landscaped garden of scattered Frangipani trees. Astana Kunti Suite Apartment & Villa is a fine-composition of 28 suite apartment and 19 villas that securely located in Seminyak area; where the essence of cosmopolitan style in the full swing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Astana Kunti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astana Kunti Hotel Seminyak
- Astana Kunti Bali/Seminyak